“Disappointing "roast of the day"”
Review of The Old Pantry - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Old Pantry
Cuisines: British
Reviewed October 3, 2012

My wife and I together with our children were regulars some years ago but more recently have made occasional visits. On our most recent visit in June my wife and I had lunch. Unfortunately I decided to go for the "roast of the day". It was chicken. I remember having chicken the time before. I began to wonder if chicken was the only roast offered. The chicken looked grey and unappetising and the potato wedges I had were dry. The coffee I had was excellent. My wife's pasta meal was "average" . We were really disappointed.

1  Thank Matsudana

Reviewed August 30, 2012

Stopped off in Aberlour not knowing the place. Stumbled across The Old Pantry not expecting much. We ordered tea and a scone. They were running low on scones at the end of the day. It was delicious as was the selection of three jams offered with the scone. The pot of tea was delicious and all for £3.50 made it excellent value. Staff very welcoming and helpful to all customers. Highly recommend The Old Pantry.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

I would go if no where else was open but first thoughts were that it smells of frying food when you enter the cafe. The food was fair, nothing to complain about but far nicer places to go. It was not service with a smile!

Reviewed July 1, 2012

The food was simple but very good, the premises looked clean and well tended. The staff are pleasant and friendly.

Reviewed June 29, 2012

Mash Tun had no empty tables so went to Old Pantry - what a break. The high Tea we had was excellent - the home made steak pie full of actual pieces of steak and delicious, as was the chickens fillets. Children's menu was very good with excellent portions and good food. Will definitely go back.