“First Class”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Aberlour Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Aberlour
The Aberlour Hotel
Ranked #4 of 8 Aberlour B&B and Inns
Carluke, United Kingdom
“First Class”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I stayed in this wonderful hotel from 7th June until the 9th of June on a boys weekend! The staff are very friendly, accommodating and helpful.
The rooms are done to a very high standard. Bathroom facilities were great especially the powerful shower. The beds were extremely comfortable! In the comfortable dining area we were served a excellent variety of breakfasts items including cereals, juices and freshly made.
Definitely will be staying here again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Reviewed June 4, 2013

When I visited in May 13 the hotel was being refurbished and only some rooms were ready. The refurbishment did not affect my stay in any way but if you are travelling soon it might be best to check with the hotel.
the rooms have been refurbished to a high standard, very clean and modern which is rare in this area. My room had an en suite shower, no bath, and all the amenities youd expect.
Breakfast was lovely and prelared fresh. The breakfast room is beautiful with exposed stone wall and fresh interior.
I stayed on business and have stayed in other hotels in the area. If you are looking for something modern then the aberlour is perfect and probably your only option!

• Stayed May 2013
Bucks
Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

Dined here the other night. Staff friendly and helpful. Menu ok,but wine list lacks info on what is not a cheap list.
Starter of skewer chicken and spicy jam over priced. 3 bits of chicken small pot of jam, not that great.
Mains of a burger was ok but chips not cooked. Slow roast pork very poor, crackling a cheap version of pork scratchings. Actual pork should have crispy topping but not here.

Very clean and all new but empty when other local places packed
I wish it well, Aberlour needs good food so lets hope this gets it sorted out soon.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed May 30, 2013

This review is for the restaurant, not the hotel. My wife and I had dinner here as we were passing through on the Speyside Way Trail. Both of us were delighted by our experience. My wife had pasta with capers and chili and I had a portobello mushroom with potatoes and goat cheese. Both were well prepared and tasty. The service was a bit inexperienced, but was prompt and friendly. Our experience was completely unlike that of several other reviewers, making me think that something must have changed in the recent past. Whatever the change, it was a good one because we were both very happy with our meal.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank pcumby
Keith, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Dined here with freinds recently wasn't sure what to expect as its not long re-opened with new managment and a big refurb. The place looked great and had a very welcoming feel, dining room was very inviting and the menu had lots of great options, and not overly priced when compared with other local eateires. Service was freindly and efficient, food was lovely well cooked and presented and good size portions, we will definatley return and will recoomend to others

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank clare m
Aberlour, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 21, 2013

As a local to the area, who eats out at least once a week, I took my family to the Aberlour Hotel for some diner, instead of the usual Mashtun. I thought I would give the Hotel a try since it has changed hands. I must say I was impressed by the refurbishment, the restaurant is now warm, clean and inviting. However it was all downhill from there. The menu wasn't very extensive and nothing jumped out as over exciting. The menu was also very pricey, especially compared to the other restaurants in the area. When the food arrived it looked and tasted like 'Brake Brothers' frozen food, just heated and served on a plate. I had the Haddock and Hand cut Chips at £11.50, well according to the Menu. I asked the waitress if the chips were 'Hand-cut' and was told they were. Then someone came out of the kitchen and was just down right rude about the whole thing and turned on her heel and stormed off. I didn't even have a chance to express my opinion. Needless to say I won't be rushing back and will stick to the two far better options, the Mashtun or the Highland Inn in the future. Such a waste of an expensive refurbishment.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank dasdunlop1
AberlourHotel87, General Manager at The Aberlour Hotel, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
We value your opinion however we won't please everyone all the time. It can be quite damaging for a business when we get reviews such as this one and I will not enter into a war of words as we know the gentleman in question. We cook everything fresh on the premises and the only thing which is frozen is our Ice cream and even that we make on the premises. The gentleman was offered a tour of our kitchen but refused. I apologise if we were not to his liking and I again offer a personal invitation to see us at work in our kitchen.
Aboyne
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Chose this hotel for evening meal during caravan trip with friends, staying at the Camping and Caravanning site near Archiestown, and were not let down at all. Restaurant seems to have been very recently upgraded or improved as the décor and furnishings were as new and very comfortable. Staff were very attentive and service just right. Some items on menu just a bit on the expensive side (goats cheese starter almost £8), but always plenty other choices, we all had the roast beef dinner special at £10.95. It was excellent and good value too.
We often caravan in this area so will be back for more!
Jim and Janet Kerr, and friends Ron and Kath Spence, all from Aberdeenshire

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jim K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aberlour
Dowans Hotel
#1 of 8 in Aberlour
Norlaggan
Norlaggan
#6 of 8 in Aberlour

Been to The Aberlour Hotel? Share your experiences!