TripAdvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
1,552 results
All reviews raven hall robin hoods bay golf course swimming pool evening meal stunning views tennis courts the cliff games room bay view afternoon tea dining room sandwiches the main hotel wedding party public areas steak
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We have been coming for years but recently we are made to feel like an inconvinience. It feels like the hotel has lost it's touch. Cheap interior and atmosphere is none existent. Manager is impolite and arrogant not fit to run this hotel. We will not be coming back unless management has been restructured.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
diane u, Managing Director at Raven Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your stay with us but not sure what your issue was as I notice this was 9 months ago in December 2018, and the Manager who had many years of experience has since retired so unable to comment, and with respect your remark is quite personal. December is usually a very lively month with many guests and the Hotel decorated festively so I'm sorry you didn't find this and won't be returning as it's a very popular time to visit.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Have stayed here before and had a lovely time. However I was so disappointed when my family and I returned for an evening meal in the restaurant . The food served was very average despite the high price tag! We all had the steak pie. My daughter said it was the worst pie she had in her entire life! The meat was plentiful but overseasoned which spoilt the taste. Both the mash and vegetables were luke warm and dull. So overall a very ordinary meal for a not so ordinary price. I so wanted the meal to be good and we were all disappointed. The children's meal was very overpriced too and as disappointing. Such a shame.The grounds and setting are lovely with beautiful views. We have had much nicer food in local pubs and will not try the restaurant again.

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Jane S
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Saw several seals from the high cliff edge, followed by great coffee from the bar.
Altogether a unique experience. Do also visit the nearby Boggle Hole; yes, it really exists! Perfect parking facilities at each site.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We called in here for coffee and cake on a walk. The duty manager was very offhand and treated us as if we were an inconvenience and shouldn't be there. We ordered coffee and cakes for four of us and sat out in the garden which had stunning views. Our order came out and was just plonked on our table with no manners from the waiting staff, the scone my husband had was stale but had been warmed up to try to cover it. If it had been mine it would have gone back, but he doesn't like to make a fuss.!! When the same waitress came to clear our table we passed her crockery etc, but not even a thank came from her. All in all I would not return and I think all staff including the duty restaurant manager need some training in customer service and manners.

1  Thank ducguztraveller
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We had a wonderful sea view room at the top of the hotel.
The room was clean and comfortable. It was a good size .
The bathroom good size and clean with nice white towels.
The room was a little dated, however in good order and well equipped .
The hotel has a small pool and sauna ( which I enjoyed). It also has a games room.
The restaurant has the most wonderful views.
Very good breakfast choice.
The bar menu is a little limited for evening dinner, however they have a menu that changes each night in the restaurant ( not cheap) however the service and food very nice.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple