“Chilli Special Prawn starter. Oh my word, delicious.”
Review of Mount Gurkha Spice

Mount Gurkha Spice
Ranked #2 of 56 Restaurants in Long Eaton
Cuisines: Chinese, Indian, Nepali
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Tuesday night. We had plenty of space and peace and quiet to ourselves, we were not harassed by the attentive staff.
The music was pleasant but at a reasonable volume, tables were well set out and spotlessly clean. Very stylish cutlery.
The complimentary popadoms were crisp and thin, no traces of heavy oil. The sauces featured a quality mango chutney, mint raita, onion and tomato slices and tamarind. All very thick and clearly not watered down (other restaurants in long eaton take note).
I had the chilli special prawn starter, lots of chilli without being mind-bendingly hot, without doubt the best bit of the meal, very, very tasty.
The main was the chefs special unpronounceable chicken dish, also very good but lacking in chilli compared to the starter. I should have asked for extra heat and will do next time.
Chapatti's were not on the menu but they cooked me some anyway.

Aside from the main all the dishes were well seasoned, well balanced, cooked with the minimum possible oil, not a hint on the plates unlike some restaurants where your food swims in oil, clearly made with fresh ingredients and obviously cooked with care and good timing.

There Gurkha lager in 600ml bottles was exceptional, light, complex and flavoursome, brewed in England too.

I felt most welcome and I was obviously valued as a customer.

Not a bad word to say about the place, needless to say I left a substantial tip and will go back for more.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

Having watched the refurbishment over the last couple of months was determined to try it out. Wasn't disappointed. Modestly priced, well presented, helpful and attentive staff. Remember if ordering the Momos that they take 15/20 mins to prepare. The food was excellent, the price easily affordable. Would recommend it to anyone as a slightly different take on Asian cuisine.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

Went Saturday night 11th jan, so so disappointed ,the food was very good but the service let it down big style, ,we arrived at 8pm and left at 11.40pm nearly 2 hrs for the starter to arrive in which 2 of my party had to leave before the main course due to another commitments, the restaurant was rammed and they just could not handle the amount of covers they had booked in so I suggest they stagger there bookings better or don't take on so much... less is best sometimes. I also think the take aways didn't help. please listen to what people say, remember the customer is your wages.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

I have ordered takeaway twice now, both times I have had fantastic tasting food. Delivered within 20-30 minutes and by a very polite man. Would definitely recommend as a takeaway.

1  Thank Charl84
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Booked party of 10 in the week for Saturday night. On arrival the restaurant was full, with not even enough chairs for us (2 other large parties also in) the pub next door brought extra seating in for us! Starters took 2 hours to come, nice but I would have eaten the pot plant in the corner by then. Would have liked a main course but walked out at 10:35, 2 hours 35 minutes after arriving. Clearly unable to cope with great demand