“Excellent as Ever”

Ranked #13 of 50 Restaurants in Long Eaton
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Once again we visited The White House & were not disappointed, as always the food was excellent as was the service.

Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Went here not expecting much but service was good, reasonably priced, we were seated upstairs and the place was cold didn't take my jacket off, but the food was lush I'd go again just with a wooly jumper on :)

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Have eaten here several times most recently Sunday lunch. It's always busy and you can see why- £20 for three generous courses of properly cooked food and coffee as well.
The early evening menu is really good value, too.
The food has never disappointed here but sometimes the service can be a little slow.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

We found 'The Whitehouse' on the internet for a family dinner one Sunday afternoon and can honestly say we weren’t disappointed! My mother has to be the fussiest person when it comes to eating out and even she was impressed. I can understand why other reviewers have commented on the generous portions, they certainly don’t skimp, if you don’t want to eat it all then don’t, people aren’t forcing you.

I had the mushrooms to start with which were mouth watering, and the pork belly for main which was the best I’ve had in a restaurant, nice crispy crackling and a different variety of vegetables including pickled red cabbage which was a nice surprise and the gravy was perfect! I opted for the cheesecake for pudding, a nice light way to end a meal. Excellent value for money and very happy customers. We used this venue as it was equidistance from my parents and ourselves, we will definitely be going back!
Ample parking to the rear of the building and the service was very friendly and quick.
Nice fresh home cooking, with good service and excellent value for money.
If I had one critique it would be the entrance outside was that welcoming but certainly don’t let it put you off, we wont!

Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

Have been here many times on different occasions and every time the food has been lovely. The service is good, the ambience is nice and cosy . Quite costly if you don't go for the early evening menu but its worth it and the early menu is a bargain for what you get! Every time impressed.