“Excellent family stay at weekend”

Best Western Nottingham Derby
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Long Eaton
Reviewed June 3, 2014

Family of four (ma, pa, daughters aged 13 and 11) stayed for one night after trip to Center Parcs. Family room was spacious with proper beds for all sleepers (not pull-outs or sofa beds). Great night's sleep. Standard of the room was excellent. Plenty of space. Receptionist was very helpful - she allowed us to lock our bikes up in an unused room. Breakfast was good, but not great. The restaurant attached to the hotel was brilliant - nice ambience/atmosphere, with good quality pub grub. Just what was needed for meal out with the parents.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Leanne C, Front Office Manager at Best Western Nottingham Derby, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to read that the room was accommodating for your stay and spacious.

In regards to the food and staff I will pass on this great feedback to those mentioned.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

We've stayed at this hotel on a number of occasions over the last three years when visiting our son at University. The staff are extremely helpful and the standard of the rooms is excellent. We can definitely recommend 'The Grill' restaurant for dinner and breakfast. We would definitely stay here if we are ever in this part of the world again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

Dear guest,

I am delighted to read that you have continued to use us when visiting in the area and that your stay has always been great including the staff and food.

I will pass on your feedback to all departments mentioned.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

My husband and I stayed here over one weekend while attending a friend's wedding.

I initially booked this hotel online and was impressed that a cancellation policy was available for an additional ten pounds. Being 30 weeks pregnant, I decided it was the safer option, due to a 'just in case' situation! Breakfast was included in the price!

There is plenty of parking available; we managed to get a space right outside the main entrance.

While checking in, my husband remembered he had his Best Western membership card! On producing the it, we were instantly upgraded with no charge as it was a quiet Saturday night. This resulted in a double room on the top floor with a seating area inside the room and lots of space!

The room itself was clean. A hair-dryer, toiletries, tea/coffee and a television were provided as well. The bed was also extremely comfortable and there was plenty of space for both of us, plus my enormous maternity pillow! Just to note, it was only a shower that was available. This was also very spacious, but if you prefer a bath, you may have to vocalise it!

The hotel has it's own restaurant/bar. Unfortunately we didn't get to experience it on the Saturday night, but it makes for a very posh breakfast venue! There was a plentiful supply of breakfast, with of course, a lovely fry up!

Location wise, it was perfect for us. It was only a half hour walk from the wedding reception, but due to my slow waddling, we decided to get a cab. We had to perform a quick turnaround in-between the church service, booking in and attending the reception. The receptionist very kindly and efficiently sorted us out a cab while we sorted our things out!

We slept with both windows open and noise was absolutely no problem. Both out for the count!

Access to the motorway is also superb and made for a very easy journey home.

Overall, although we were only there for one night, I was very impressed and we would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Leanne C, Front Office Manager at Best Western Nottingham Derby, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2014

Dear guest,

I am pleased to read that you had a great nights sleep and the location of the hotel was ideal for the wedding.

We do have rooms in the hotel with a bath for any future stays. These rooms being our adaptable and deluxe rooms.

I will pass on your great feedback to all departments as we use all feedback productively.

Reviewed May 24, 2014

Central to east midlands towns and airport. Good value and close to transport links , sailing and theme parks. Adjacent to M! motorway but could do with Air/Con in hot weather to remove need to open windows and hear noise of motorway traffic.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
Leanne C, Front Office Manager at Best Western Nottingham Derby, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for leaving us feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to read that you had a comfortable sleep and the location was great for your stay.

In regards to the bedrooms, we do not have air conditioning available. Fans are located in all rooms for guests to use if needed. All rooms facing the motorway side are triple glazed in order to prevent any noise from the motorway. I apologise for any disturbance you encountered. We do have rooms situated on the non motorway side which are quieter.

We hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed May 19, 2014

Nothing to get very excited about, nor anything to moan about. I had a perfectly decent room - not going to win any style prizes but the bed was comfortable and I could open the window for fresh air without being overcome with traffic noise. Arrived too late and left too early to test the Grill. No complaints at all for a keen price.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo

Dear guest,

Thank you for leaving us feedback regarding your recent stay.

I am pleased to read that you had a comfortable stay with us and the room lived up to your expectations.

For any future bookings you can call us directly on 0115 9460000.

Reviewed May 18, 2014

Very clean and fresh, I stopped over on my way further north, and was impressed with this hotel, the grill restaurant next door served excellent food with an extensive menu, only problem I found was the double was actually two singles pushed together and the springs could be felt through the mattress. All in all its good value for money.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback regarding your recent stay.

I am pleased to read that you had a great stay with us and the room lived up to your expectations. In regards to the beds, we do have rooms with just a double bed for when you next stay with us. I apologise for any discomfort you encountered. I will report the mattress to our housekeeping department to ensure this is resolved.

In regards to the restaurant I will pass on your great feedback.

Reviewed May 17, 2014

Stay here a lot always stay in deluxe or executive suite. Staff always kind and helpful, rooms immaculate and spacious. Highly recommended. Usually eat at The Grill at 25 or Chiquitos (Mexican) which is a 10 min drive away towards Derby.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Leanne C, Front Office Manager at Best Western Nottingham Derby, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for leaving us feedback regarding your recent stay.

I am pleased to read that you had a great stay with us and the staff and service you received was of a high standard. I will pass on your feedback to all departments mentioned.

We hope you will stay with us again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Long Eaton
#1 of 1 in Risley
Jurys Inn East Midlands Airport
Jurys Inn East Midlands Airport
#5 of 7 in Castle Donington

Been to Best Western Nottingham Derby? Share your experiences!