“Love this hotel”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Long Eaton
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Love this hotel”
Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

Have stayed here twice when in the area visiting family. The staff are friendly, the rooms are huge and very clean, there's a nice bar/restaurant (only down side is having to walk outside to reach it) serving good breakfast. Free parking. Ideally located just off the motorway. Reasonable prices. Will stay here again.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rachael N
Leanne C, Front Office Manager at Best Western Nottingham Derby, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for leaving us feedback regarding your recent stay.

I am pleased to read that you had a great stay with us and all staff were friendly.

In regards to the restaurant I will pass on your feedback to the restaurant manager.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon for when you are next in the area.

To make direct bookings you can call us on 0115 9460000.

Kindest regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Camberley, UK
Reviewed February 12, 2014

This hotel is close to the M1 and those rooms facing the motorway suffer from noise. The glazing (double with a secondary third) can keep it down to tolerable levels but only if closed. Opening the window even a touch results in incessant and intrusive road noise. The rooms are fairly spacious but are a little careworn in places. The sink is in the room but at least the shower/WC are separate, although they’re a little institutional. Plenty of hot water but the complementary toiletries were a bit anaemic. I found the bed uncomfortable, but that’s a personal. Adequate hanging space and the usual beverage facilities. The TV had poor reception and could only had a small fraction of the channels on Freeview (one channel had a rolling picture and had me searching for the vertical hold switch, ah those were the day). The room was tidy and clean but showed signs of wear. The reception was somewhat sterile and lacking any charm or character. But the same applied to the restaurant which was apart from the main body of the hotel, albeit by about 10 yards. Dinner was unrewarding – the usual array of mass-produced starters, mains and desserts: three curses set me back just under £30 and a couple of drinks took this a shade under £40. The food was undemanding and uninspiring and it was pretty clear that they had a cook not a chef. Breakfast was similarly insipid affair: heavy on the full English but weak if you wanted anything else. Croissant almost stale and very bread-like. No problems with the temperature of that available but it was all rather pedestrian. As with the rooms the restaurant was charmless and simply full of people just wanting to eat and get out. This is perhaps my major criticism: because it’s convenient for the M1 it’s inconvenient for anywhere else; thus they have a captive audience to can be milked at leisure. It struck me that the hotel was full of short-stay transients who just wanted a bed and a meal. Overall then nothing special about the place with it being just anonymous and indifferent with no warmth or character.

Room Tip: Choose one not adjacent to the M1.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Leanne C, Front Office Manager at Best Western Nottingham Derby, responded to this review, February 17, 2014

Thank you for leaving us feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

I am disappointed to read that the hotel did not exceed your expectations.

All rooms facing the motorway side are triple glazed in order to prevent noise, alternatively we do have rooms facing the non motorway side which are quieter. I apologise for disturbance you encountered.

In regards to the toiletries in the room, guests can request for more toiletries from reception if needed. I have passed on your comments to our maintenance department regarding the television, I apologise for any inconvenience this caused.

I have passed your comments on to the restaurant manager regarding the food and pricing. I am sorry to read that your experience did not exceed your expectations.

We do advise guests to report any problems they encounter during their stay to a member of staff at reception in order for us to resolve any issues immediately. We like to make sure all guests have a great stay with us.

We hope you will consider staying with us again in the future.

Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 8, 2014

Overall very good hotel with very good staff. Good receptionist and value for money.Room Good quality and Food at Bar good value / choice. Good links to M1 for North and South for business meeting location. Good parking available.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

Leanne C, Front Office Manager at Best Western Nottingham Derby, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for leaving us feedback regarding your recent stay.

I am pleased to read that the location of the hotel was great for your stay and the staff were very helpful. I will pass this great feedback on.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel when you are next in the area.

Llanelli
Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

Large family room with comfy beds. Stayed with my wife & 18 year old daughter so glad the room was big. Shower & toilet ok but a bit small & towel rail needed fixing. WiFi good in room. Restaurant & bar adjacent was really good. Just what was needed after a long trip. Staff friendly & helpful. Good price for a family room. Would use again.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for leaving us feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to read that the room and facilities in the hotel exceeded your expectations. I will pass your feedback on to the restaurant manager regarding the food and service as they use all feedback productively.

It is great to read that you will stay with us again in the future. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Welwyn Garden City, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 31, 2014

I chose this Best Western as it suited my needs in the area.

The receptionist, Jade, went through my check-in and check-out in a very professional way.

I got an amazing executive room, with great bed, comfy sofas, big bathtub, and even a multi-jet shower!! "Unfortunately", the bed was so comfortable (and the weather outside so dreadful) that I completely missed my breakfast. Still, I managed to use the restaurant for the evening meal and all the restaurant staff did a great job that evening; sadly I don't remember their names.

I've read below some comments about noise from the motorway. Well, my room was facing the motorway but I couldn't hear anything throughout the night. The glazing provided quite a good insulation.

Overall, a really great stay, and definitely my choice whenever I'm back in the Derby-Nottingham area.

Room Tip: Go for the execs if possible. Worth the extra ££!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Javipena82
Leanne C, Public Relations Manager at Best Western Nottingham Derby, responded to this review, February 4, 2014

Thank you for leaving us feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to read that our receptionist was very helpful and professional during your stay. I will pass on your great feedback to the member of staff mentioned.

The windows facing the motorway are triple glazed in order to prevent any noise, alternatively we do have rooms facing the non-motorway side which are quieter.

I am happy to know the room you stayed in was comfortable and exceeded all expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Long Eaton
Hilton East Midlands Airport
#2 of 7 in Castle Donington
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Nottingham - Gateway
Best Western Premier East Midlands Airport Yew Lodge Hotel

Been to Best Western Nottingham Derby? Share your experiences!