“Business stop over”

Best Western Nottingham Derby
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Long Eaton
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Fine for business with convenient location re motorway. Food at the adjacent Grill of good pub standard. Comfort and cleanliness of room v good. ecor slightly dated but nothing to fault it as more than fit for purpose.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
Leanne C, Front Office Manager at Best Western Nottingham Derby, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for leaving us feedback regarding your recent stay.

I am pleased to read that you had a great stay with us and the location of the hotel is convenient when travelling on business.

I will pass your comments on to the restaurant manager regarding the food as they use all feedback productively.

We hope you will stay with us again soon. You can make a direct booking on 0115 9460000.

Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed at the BW Nottingham Derby before and even with the somewhat noisy rooms I've return for a two night stay (which tells you something)

Check in was simple enough and I was given a room on the end of the first floor corridor with a view of the M1 motorway. The room itself was clean and functional although the mattress had seen better days. The showers and toilets are in plastic pods in the room but the showers powerful enough so no drama there.

I was out for the first night but dined in for the second and have to say the food and service at the grill was fantastic. The blonde lady running it could not have been any more helpful and polite and a lovely smile to go with! I enjoyed a starter and lovely steak main with a couple of drinks for just over £20.

Getting to sleep on both nights was a bit if a pain due to noise from the road. I have to say I'm surprised the hotel hasn't invested in another layer of glazing to deaden the sound I can only guess it's a cost related issue?

Breakfast was great on both mornings and check out was simple and pain free. If you're in the area don't hesitate to book just maybe ask for a room at the rear I'm sure I'll return.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear guest,

Thank you for leaving us feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to read that you had a great experience overall.

In regards to the room we do have rooms facing the non motorway side which are quieter. Our rooms facing the motorway side do have triple glazing in order to prevent any noise. When you next stay with us we will ensure a quiet room is allocated.

I will pass your great feedback on to the restaurant regarding the service you received and the quality of food served both in the evening and at breakfast.

We hope you will stay with us again soon,

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Being handy for the motorway does come at a cost...the room was really noisy and therefore I did not sleep well at all. We were motorway side so I suggest that you ask for a room on the other side, it may be quoted.
We stayed in an executive room and it was nice to have a sitting area.
The room was a good size.
Staff were friendly.
Breakfast was adequate. Full English was very greasy.
Wouldn't recommend the restaurant as we didn't have a very nice meal there.

Room Tip: Don't stay motorway side!!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback regarding your recent stay.

In regards to the execuitve room you stayed in we do have rooms facing the non motorway side which are quieter. However, our rooms facing the motorway side are triple glazed in order to prevent any noise. I apologise for any disturbances you encountered.

Our executive rooms are spacious and i am happy to read you were pleased with the room as a whole.

In regards to breakfast i will pass your comments on to the restaurant manager as they use all feedback productively.

We hope you will stay with us again in the future,

Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

This is a modern hotel with a real feel good spacious room. The hotel is great and clean and tidy with a secure car park.
Recommended for business or pleasure. There is a retail park close to derby county football club and is only a 10 minute drive away.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Leanne C, Front Office Manager at Best Western Nottingham Derby, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback regarding your stay.

Its great to read that the hotel met all expectations and was clean, tidy and spacious for your stay.

I am pleased you would recommend us to others.

We hope you will be back to visit us again soon. You can contact us directly on 0115 9460000.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

Attending a course in the area with a colleague from Lancashire this was a easy place to find for us both. As a BW regular hotel guest I try to use BW Hotels when I can so this was convenient. Visible from & just off Junc 25 of M1, good car park facilities. Reception & check in all OK. Quite modern, clean & bright.
Room on ground floor was large and bright but lights all around side of room so lighting was not great in the middle. Single beds joined together which is ok for single occupancy but not so comfortable for two. Very unusual bathroom, a show pod. Reminds me of something that you might find on a ship but all pretty clean and good water pressure. Could do with some descaling in places. Sink & vanity unit is actually in the bedroom but to be honest this was not an issue under the circumstances, business trip etc.
The restaurant is just across the car park and is actually very good. Reasonably priced, standard fair but great variety, good portion sizes, hot and well presented. Staff were really cheerful and friendly in there and there was a pleasant atmosphere.
Breakfast was also very good, friendly staff, all self service, good selection of fresh food.
On the whole it ticked all the boxes and I would use it again if in the area - although traffic in the morning was awful so it took longer to get across town than expected.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Leanne C, Front Office Manager at Best Western Nottingham Derby, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback regarding your recent stay.

I am pleased to read that you had a great stay with us and the service you received was of a great quality.

In regards to the bed we do have rooms with a double bed rather than 2 beds zipped together. I will put a note on your booking for any future stays.

I will pass your great comments on to the restaurant manager regarding the food and service from both the evening and breakfast as they use all feedback productively.

We hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Having read some of the reviews I was a little apprehensive about our stay here but was pleasantly surprised. The room was clean and the shower was very generously sized. Extras like ironing board, hairdryer in the room were unexpected as was free wifi. Due to budget constraints I am used to staying in Travel Lodge/Premier Inn and found this to be far superior to the standard usually received in these hotel chains. I would certainly use again for visiting daughter at NTU.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
Leanne C, Front Office Manager at Best Western Nottingham Derby, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback regarding your recent stay.

I am pleased to read that the hotel exceeded all expectations. The hotel does offer free WI-FI for all guests. The rooms are spacious and kept to a great standard.

Knowing you will stay with us is great. You can call us directly on 0115 9460000 to make a direct booking.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Long Eaton
Best Western Premier East Midlands Airport Yew Lodge Hotel
Risley Hall Hotel
Risley Hall Hotel
#1 of 1 in Risley

Been to Best Western Nottingham Derby? Share your experiences!