“Always good service”

Best Western Nottingham Derby
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Long Eaton
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We have stayed here several times now and always had an enjoyable stay. The rooms are always clean and tidy and just what you would expect from this style of hotel but what sets this hotel apart is the excellent customer service from the friendly staff. Nothing is too much trouble and they are always happy to provide anything extra you need. It makes such a difference when the staff are friendly and welcoming and that is certainly the case here

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Leanne C, Front Office Manager at Best Western Nottingham Derby, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for leaving us feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

I am extremely happy to read that you had a great stay and the customer service your received was excellent. We like to make sure all guests have an enjoyable experience stay and that everything exceeds their expectations. I will pass your feedback on to all the relevant departments.

We hope you will be back to stay with us again soon and thank you for being loyal to our brand.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

When I arrived, my room was at 28 Celsius. There was no aircon. I had to open the window, but my room faced the M1 which was about 200 metres away and therefore very loud throughout the night. I managed only fitful sleep as a result of the heat and noise.

Secondly, I arrived at 9.37 p.m. feeling peckish after a long drive, and was told that there was no room service after 9.30 p.m. I have stayed at a dozen BW hotels and this is the first time this has ever happened. Usually room service is available at any time.

Thirdly, the breakfast was self-service only and the greeting I received was abrupt and unwelcoming.

This falls far short of the usual friendly and attentive service i have come to expect from a BW hotel.

Room Tip: Get one facing away from the M1. Better still, don't go in summer at all.

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

I am disappointed to read that the hotel did not exceed your expectations. We have discussed the points you mentioned in your feedback directly with you.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Stayed here a few times now its ideal if your on business as its so close to the motorway j25 m1
The nearness of the motorway can also be a slight disadvantage with regard to traffic noise however the rooms have double glazing and to be fair it's not a problem.
Food is in the separate The Grill , the food ok a good choice and the service is good.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Leanne C, Front Office Manager at Best Western Nottingham Derby, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Dear guest,

I am pleased to read that you continually use the hotel for business and find the location is suitable for your needs.

In regards to the rooms, all rooms facing the motorway side are triple glazed in order to prevent any noise from the motorway, alternatively we do have rooms facing the non motorway side which are quieter. If this is something you would prefer on your next stay please let a member of staff know on reception as we like to make sure all guests have a great stay with us.

In regards to the restaurant i will pass your feedback on to the restaurant manager as they use all feedback productively.

We hope you stay with you again soon.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stayed here for two nights as a family trip to Alton Towers and I can honestly say we had a great experience. The hotel itself was about a 50 mins drive from Alton Towers but it was a straight road and was worth the travel as there was lots of places to eat within a couples of miles. The room we had was on the top floor and had a great layout as we struggle to get a room that fits two teenagers (boy & girl) in the same room as us, the other hotels only have sofa beds or you have to book two rooms which equals double the cost. The room itself was very clean, plenty of room for all our clothes and we didn't feel like we were squashed together like we have in other budget hotels. I do agree with the previous comments about the heat in the room. It was one of the hottest days of this year and the room was unbelievably hot. There was a fan in the room but that was not enough. We asked at reception who were extremely helpful and they gave us a further two fans which helped us sleep. I never heard a sound from any other guest or banging of doors the two nights we stayed. The restaurant and bar had a lovely décor and was spotlessly clean, we never had a meal but we did have breakfast which was nice and the staff in there were very helpful. The staff in general were a credit to this hotel, nothing was to much trouble, they booked restaurants and taxis for us and were able to give us advice on local amenities. This is a great hotel and they only negative I comment I have is the heat in the room. I think air conditioning is something that the hotel needs to look into and they would definitely have got 5 stars from me and my family had it been in place.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Leanne C, Front Office Manager at Best Western Nottingham Derby, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Dear guest,

I am pleased to read that your stay was a great experience for you and your family. Our family rooms are spacious and i am glad to know you were happy with the facilities and cleanliness of the room.

In regards to the temperature of the room i apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused. We do not have air conditioning available, however as you stated we do have fans available for guests to use if needed.

All rooms facing the motorway side are triple glazed in order to prevent any noise, alternatively we do have rooms facing the non motorway side which are quieter. I am pleased to know you encountered no disturbances.

The staff at the hotel and restaurant are always happy to help. I will pass on your great comments in regards to the service you received to all the relevant departments as we use all feedback productively.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Checked in around 3pm, nice clean room (301) on the top floor (no lifts). Room temp was 33 degrees - this gradually increased to 34 during the next few hours. Tried to seek relief in the (separate) bar/restaurant only to find it didn't open till 5pm! No fans were available and there is no air-con (just a heating panel) and no fridge....Small windows didn't let much air in, but at least I had the traffic noise from the M1 to keep me company.......for sauna fans only!

Staff were nice and friendly but the breakfast was disappointing, not a great choice & the coffee was awful.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

Dear guest,

In regards to the room you were allocated i apologise for the temperature of the room. Fans are provided to guests in the room or at reception. I can assure you that all rooms facing the motorway side are triple glazed in order to prevent any noise. Alternatively we do have rooms facing the non motorway side which are quieter.

Our restaurant during the week days opens at 5pm and on the weekend from 12.00pm.

None of the rooms in the hotel have a fridge in them, however there is a fridge at reception if guests need to store anything. I apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused.

I am pleased to read that the staff were friendly during your stay.

The comments regarding breakfast i will forward on to the restaurant manager as they use all feed back productively.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Stayed here for one night in a good size family room has double bed with two singles, on 3rd floor (top floor) Note this hotel does not have a lift. The weather being 25c+ the room had two electric fans; we faced the M1 so opening the windows was awful due to the traffic noise.
Limited TV channels, tea /coffee making facilities (no added biscuits). Shower room and loo together, large shower with seat, shower pressure good with plenty of good size towels. Sink within bedroom, this was good has bathroom facilities not all in one room with 3 adults sharing.
Iron and ironing board and hair dryer in room
TV area down stairs off reception, no bar but could get cold drinks vending machine and reception had beers in cooler behind desk.
On site bar lounge and restaurant was not used (limited opening times)
Plenty of car parking. Free Internet throughout hotel.
Thought it was easy to find just off junction 25 of the M1.
Staff very friendly and helpful.
Hotel very clean

Room Tip: The room size is good with 1 double bed and two single beds (so not put me ups) good for families or...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Leanne C, Front Office Manager at Best Western Nottingham Derby, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Dear guest,

I am pleased to read that the staff were very helpful and friendly during your stay with us and that the facilities were clean.

All rooms in the hotel come with a iron, ironing board, hairdryer and a fan. Biscuits are provided only in our executive and deluxe rooms. The rooms do not come with air conditioning, the fans are in place for guests to use if needed. I apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused.

The hotel does not have a lift. The reception team are happy to help with luggage up to a guests room if needed.

Car parking is free at the hotel for guests and the WI-FI is also free of charge.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

checked in all went well,
Then i got to my room it was like a sauna, i found what i thought was the control for the air conditioning which was reading 28 degrees so i set it to 20 degrees, expecting to hear the air con kick in nothing happend as it was only a room thermostat. I rang reception and asked to be moved to a room with air con, WE DO NOT HAVE ANY ROOMS WITH AIR CON AT THIS HOTEL, was her reply you can borrow a fan, which i did what a joke it was about 6 inches (150mm) in diamiter.
I opened the windows to their full extent only for the ivy etc to to enter the opening (ivy might look good from the outside) the ivy was growing in the window jams. when i tryed to close the window it was not possible.the room was fine what you come to expect from Best Western. the shower was not so good one of the plastic pod types that you find in much cheaper hotel chains.
There was noise from the room above and also from banging doors in the corridor.
The restaurant/bar was very bright and nicely decorated also an out door beer garden type place.
the food was ok the staff well the one that served me was a bit dippy she never brought me a fork after i had used the one at my place for my starter so i had to ask her for a fork and a steak knife.
Breakfast was ok though there was not much choice of cerial, plenty of choice on the cooked buffet breakfast, also the fruit meaning the apples,oranges and bananas looked like they were days old, there was only one teaspoon can you believe that for the tea and coffee.

Room Tip: probably an upstairs room less noise

Dear guest,

In regards to the room you were allocated for your stay i am disappointed to read that the facilites did not meet your expectations.

All rooms in the hotel do not have air conditioning. A fan is provided in each room for the guests to use if needed. More fans are available at reception if requested. I apologise for any incovenience this may have caused.

In regards to the ivy, i will pass your comments on to our housekeeping department to ensure this is resolved.

We do advise guests to report any problems they encounter during their stay to reception so that a member of staff can resolve them immediately as we like to make sure all guests have a great stay with us.

I will pass your comments on to the restaurant manager regarding the restaurant and breakfast as they like to use all feedback productively.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Long Eaton
De Vere Orchard Hotel
De Vere Orchard Hotel
#6 of 41 in Nottingham
Best Western Premier East Midlands Airport Yew Lodge Hotel

Been to Best Western Nottingham Derby? Share your experiences!