“Over night stay”

Best Western Nottingham Derby
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Long Eaton
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We booked into the hotel on Saturday (29/06/13). We really enjoyed our visit. On check in the receptionist was really friendly and helpful. The hotel was beautifully decorated and spotlessly clean. Room was just what you would expect clean and comfortable. No complaints with breakfast all in all a good stay and with my son round the corner we will use this hotel many more times.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Leanne C, Front Office Manager at Best Western Nottingham Derby, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Thank you for leaving us feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to read that all staff were helpful and pleasant during your stay. In regards to the room and the facilities i am happy to know that all exceeded your expectations.

We look forward to you staying with us again.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

stop night before holiday clean quite and friendly found food in restaraunt expensive but plenty of eateries in short distance breakfast was excellent though try and get a room facing m1 but wasnt noisy like others had suggested

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Leanne C, Front Office Manager at Best Western Nottingham Derby, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for leaving us feedback regarding your recent stay.

I am pleased to read that you had a great stay with us and that the rooms were clean and quiet.

In regards to the restaurant and breakfast i will pass your comments on to the restaurant manager as he likes to use all feedback productively.

All rooms facing the motorway side are triple glazed in order to prevent any noise, however we do have rooms facing the non motorway side which are quieter.

We hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

This was just an overnight stop en- route to the south coast. It was a 347 mile drive where we were going and due to family commitments we could not leave home until late at night. Lets face it, we had a ship to catch! We checked with the hotel that we would be able to "check in" in the middle of the night. They were fine about that. They did not confirm our reservation by e-mail as per our request though. We rang again just a couple of days before hand to see for sure our room would be there. Asked again for an e-mail confirmation, still no e-mail! Never mind, we arrived much earlier than we thought, around 1am. They knew to expect us and we checked into our family room. The room was much better than I was expecting with such a reasonable price on it. About £72.00 I think. Anyway it was very clean and very spacious 2 full sized singles and 1 double bed. Plenty space, we were not falling over each other. It was modern and well lit. The bathroom was tiny with one of those self contained shower cabins where its all one unit ie. tray, walls, ceiling and door all as one. Like a shower out of a box. So what, we were only in there for six and a half hours. The beds were all very comfy and despite its proximity to the motorway no traffic noise could be heard. Breakfast was served across the other side of the hotel drive in a bar/bistro type place. Quite a nice room, better than what I was expecting. However It had a slight cafeteria feel about it. There was plenty of food on offer and all reasonably fresh. However, I get annoyed when food is so hot you have to look at it for 10 mins, blow on it and then still burn your mouth. That did not happen here! Luke warm at best to virtually cold at worst. Even I, who hate hot food thought it was well below par, it should have been a LOT warmer. Those of you aliens out there, like my wife, who have asbestos lined gobs and only like food the temperature of molten lava would have been horrified! and she was! Basically you could have put the bacon in your orange juice to cool it down. Cool down the juice I mean! Would I stay here again? Yes, good value close too the main drag, comfy beds and clean. Would I ask for a room only rate and avoid breakfast, most certainly.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to read that you had a great stay with us. In regards to your email confirmation i apologise for you not receiving one when making your booking. I will have a look into this to make sure it does not happen again.

Our family rooms are very spacious and i am pleased to read that the room was accomodating to your needs in regards to comfort and size. The rooms facing the motorway side are triple glazed in order to prevent any noise, however we do have rooms facing the non motorway side which are quieter.

In regards to breakfast i will pass your comments on to the restaurant manager.

I hope you will stay with us again soon.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

This hotel looks like it was part of another chain previously, the rooms are ok, but don't have what I would call a proper bathroom in that the sink was in the bedroom and then it had a small toilet and shower room.
The restaurant food was also ok, although staff were quick to serve.
In my opinion not the usual Best Western standard.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Leanne C, Front Office Manager at Best Western Nottingham Derby, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Thank you for leaving us feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

In regards to the bathroom set up i apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused. I will pass your comments on to management as this may be something we change in the future.

In regards to the restaurant i will pass your comments onto the restaurant manager to ensure service is improved.

We hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

My recent stay at the Best Western Nottingham/Derby was driven mainly by logistics, I was visiting friends in Derby one evening and was then attending cricket at Trent Bridge the following day. In this regard the hotel was ideal, it was easily located on my sat nav., there was plenty of parking and the roads to both my destinations were pretty decent. Staff were friendly and helpful, there was one maintenance issue to the bathroom sink which I raised at reception and they said they would resolve it.

As I booked the hotel some time in advance I secured a good rate and booked an executive room. While this might not compare in size to some other chain hotels' superior rooms it was well equipped and the bathroom appeared to have been refitted relatively recently (the shower was excellent). I didn't eat in the restaurant in the evening but I did have breakfast one morning, it was standard breakfast buffet stuff and was OK, better than some others than I have had.

The big issue that seems to keep cropping up with this hotel is the one of road noise from the M1. I had a motorway side room but with the windows shut the noise wasn't noticeable to a degree where I'd see it as a problem. As it turned out I attended during a period of good weather and the room was extremely hot, as a result I actually had the windows open overnight. In this event you can obviously expect some road noise but I must have been tired enough to sleep through pretty much undisturbed. I guess a lot depends on how sensitive you are to noise but on a normal day with the windows closed I really don't see a problem. I'd happily stay again.

Room Tip: If sensitive to noise I guess you should request a room away from the M1.

Dear guest,

In regards to the staff i am pleased to read that all staff were helpful during your stay. We like to make sure all guests have a great time with us and that all needs are met.

I apologise that there was a problem with the sink in your room, which i know was resolved at reception. I apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused.

The hotel has rooms facing the motorway side. These rooms are all triple glazed in order to prevent any noise, however we do have rooms facing the non motorway side which are quieter. Guests can request a quiet room when making a reservation or upon check in, depending on availability. I am pleased to read you encountered no disturbances.

We hope you will stay with us again soon.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

The staff are helpful and enthusiastic, although the restaurant needs to decide on it style of cooking, it tries hard with the specials but should stick with pub grub. The room is ok but is a bit tired and could do with a refresh, the bathroom could have been cleaner but I have stayed in worse. Overall the hotel is good for an overnight stay, I wouldn't spend any more than a night or two.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the motorway if you want a decent sleep
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Leanne C, Front Office Manager at Best Western Nottingham Derby, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Thank you for leaving us feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to read that the staff were helpful during your stay.

In regards to the restaurant i will pass your feedback onto the restaurant manager as they use all feedback productively to make any future changes.

In the hotel all rooms facing the motorway are triple glazed in order to prevent any noise, however we do have rooms facing the non motorway side that are quieter. This can be requested when making a reservation or upon arrival depending on our availability.

We hope you will stay with us again soon.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Having read the reviews of this hotel before traveling,I was a bit worried about my decision.Having now stayed at this hotel i can now state that i would recommend this hotel to anybody.I have stayed in various hotels through leisure and work and can say that the level of service would be at home in a five star hotel.Nothing was too much trouble for the reception staff and especially in the 'GRILL 25' where i could relax and eat the Plain but temptingly presented food.The waitresses and bar staff couldn't have been more helpful and sorted any problems quickly and efficiently.
The room was spacious and clean and very comfortable.Although the hotel is right next to the M1,It did not keep me awake.Bearing it was a hot night and i had both windows open all night (With the windows shut the noise would be neglegable) For location and service i can thoroughly recommend this hotel and is great value for money.If people book in here thinking they are getting a country hotel then i suggest that they do more research before traveling.For anybody else this is a cracking hotel that business men or families would be welcome at

Room Tip: A good tip to get a room that suits your needs is to ring the hotel and ask any relevant questions b...

Dear guest,

Thank you for leaving us feedback regarding your recent stay.

I am pleased to read that you would compare us to other 5 star hotels in regards to service and your stay. We like to make sure all guests have a great stay with us. All staff are accommodating to guest needs.

In regards to the restaurant i will pass your feedback onto the restaurant manager as they use all feedback productively and will be pleased to read that the service and quality of food was great.

We are happy to know that you would recommend us to others. You can call us directly on 0115 9460000 to make a booking.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Long Eaton
Risley Hall Hotel
Risley Hall Hotel
#1 of 1 in Risley
Travelodge Nottingham Trowell M1

Been to Best Western Nottingham Derby? Share your experiences!