“Nice room, if a little noisy”

Best Western Nottingham Derby
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Long Eaton
Reviewed April 25, 2012

Checked into the BW at gone 11pm, I had no problems, and thankfully they had not overbooked leaving me with nowhere to stay!
The room was very modern, large and clean. Big bed, sofa and chair and big TV. The Shower was great, lots of hot water.
My only complaint was that the road noise was constant. By 5.30am I had given up trying to sleep, and by 7am I felt like I was actually sitting on the M1. You would have thought that I had a room facing the M1, no it was actually facing the resturant!
Would I stay here again, well the rooms were good, but no the hotel was far too noisy, and lacked any cosiness. I would class it as a slightly nicer Premier Inn. I would say it was perfect for a work stopover, but there are plenty of other nicer alternative locally for a holiday stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
RichardJohal, Manager at Best Western Nottingham Derby, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at our property.

I notice your comments regarding the noise you experienced whilst here. The hotel has some rooms which face completely away from the motorway, if these would be your preference please do let me know and I can arrange for you to be allocated to one of these rooms should you stay with us in the future.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 0115 9460000.

Reviewed April 22, 2012

This hotel is what you expect it to be - ideal for a quick stopover! The rooms are fine and thankfully a new restaurant has opened so dinner was great! Breakfast, however, was a bit of a shambles, the coffee machine wasn't working, the juices seemed watered down and the waitress seemed very hassled when we asked for hot drinks and cooked breakfast, which was fine when it arrived. But the hotel was great for what we needed and would stay again if I needed a stopover in the Nottingham area.

Thank you for your comments on your stay with us.

I apologise for your experience with breakfast, please be assured that your comments will be passed onto the Restaurant Manager to be looked into.

Should you need any further information on the hotel in the future please do contact me on 0115 9460000.

Reviewed April 20, 2012

staff in this hotel could not be more helpful or friendlier they go out of there way to make your stay a very pleasant experiance,food in the restaurant is very good and keenly priced not to be missed, not worth the bother going anywhere else to eat.

Room Tip: all rooms seem o.k. as we had 3 on different sides with no problems

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your comments on your stay with us.

I'm delighted to read your comments regarding the members of our team who were working during your stay, please be assured that I will pass on your comments to each department.

Reviewed April 19, 2012

Overnight stay following function. Very modern and comfortable, with efficient & polite reception.
Had the opportunity to eat the newly refurbished adjoining restaurant - The Grill.
Food was very good with good menu choice and price and wide choice of drinks at the bar. Very tastefully refurbished and would appeal to local residents as well as hotel guests.
As we had to leave early the following unable to comment on breakfast.

Thank you for your comments on your stay with us.

I am pleased to read your comments regarding our new restaurant the Grill at Twenty Five, I will be sure to share your comments with them.

Reviewed April 19, 2012

Everything the title says and the food is lovely there too!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank your for taking the time to review our property.

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. I'm pleased to read that you had a pleasant stay with us and enjoyed the experience in our restaurant the Grill at Twenty Five. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed April 17, 2012

I was worried about the noise of the motorway - right next to the southbound M1 but no need- rooms were very quiet. Tea/Coffee in room. Fast/reliable/good signal on wifi. Free of charge.
Room was clean. Big bed (i booked a double), cute wc/shower room, plenty of hot water and not the regimented ONE TOWEL only rule either. The windows open for fresh air, iron, ironing board.

TV works.

Receptionist super helpful - no issues with check-in, directions, etc.

Only 10 mins from East Midlands Airport - no aircraft noise that I could hear ....

Good storage space, work desk, plenty of light, very clean and well thought out. Modern decor and in quite good condition too.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
RichardJohal, Manager at Best Western Nottingham Derby, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at our property.

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. I'm pleased to read that you had a pleasant stay with us. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Thank you again for taking the time to complete the survey. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed April 17, 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights with several family and friends as we were going to a party in nearby Beeston on the Saturday night.

We received a warm welcome at Reception.

I was initially disappointed because I had expected our Executive room to have a bath, something I rate highly.when away from home. Instead it had a large walk-in shower, with seating. I would have asked to upgrade to a room with a bath, but while at reception I overheard the receptionist telling another guest that the hotel was full.

Our room was large, on the 3rd floor and with a large seating area with settee and 2 armchairs. Our bed was very comfy and I was delighted to have feather pillows! There was plenty of storage space, 2 separate hanging areas, room for cases, iron and ironing board, hairdrier, full length mirror, good free Wi-Fi and last but no means least - adequate lighting. I usually find with modern hotels that the lack of central lighting lets the room down.

Although next to the motorway, I didn't really notice the noise at all and slept really well (unusual for me) on both nights. My husband, however, found the constant traffic hum very disturbing and didn't sleep well either night.

My only small gripe about the room is the strange arrangement wherby the basin isn't in the bathroom, but outside in the room itself. The lighting for the basin area comes on when you switch the bathroom light on. This means that if you need the loo in the night, you are bound to disturb your partner as the light comes on in the room. Also, the lightswitch is oddly a fair distance away by the main door. As I said, just a small gripe, but rather irritating.

I'm giving this a 5 star rating for the hotel room and staff. However, the eating area sadly lets the place down. I am surprised to read in other reviews that this has only recently opened, because the state of the table that 6 of us dined at suggested that it was due for replacement. We sat at a large round table that had a mind of its own! Not only was it wonky and unstable but the actual table top was rotating! I suggested we held a seance! The food choices were limited and uninspiring and both my husband and I hated our food. We both had stomach upsets the next day.

Breakfast was no better. I couldn't eat my "cooked" breakfast. The tomatoes were almost raw, there was no bacon and the scrambled egg was very watery. The coffe was OK. Breakfast on the second day was no better. I opted for toast and fresh fruit. I was reprimanded by a young waitress for putting my bread through the toaster twice; she said I could have set fire to the toaster. I tried to make a lighthearted joke, but she was too disgruntled with to me to smile.

I didn't enjoy the fresh pineapple. Although it looked OK, it tasted awful, and again I had an upset tummy for 48 hours after booking out. (Obviously I can't be certain that it was the pineapple that was responsible)

The reception staff deserve a mention because I constantly witnessed how pleasant they were, even when handling a dissatisfied customer. There was one female in particular, but I'm afraid I don't recall her name. (I think maybe it was Lianne)

All in all, a very good, pleasant stay. Apart from the food, I would happily recommend this place and would readily stay again.

Thank you for your comments on your stay with us.

I am delighted to read your comments regarding the hotel and we do share these with the team here. As you mention the Grill at Twenty Five is newly refurbished and I apologise that you did not have the experience intended. I will pass on your comments to the Restaurant Manager to be looked into.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Long Eaton
Risley Hall Hotel
Risley Hall Hotel
#1 of 1 in Risley
Travelodge Nottingham Trowell M1

Been to Best Western Nottingham Derby? Share your experiences!