“Good hotel”

Hotel Novotel Nottingham Derby
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Long Eaton
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for about 5 days. It was generally good (clean, etc.). Staff were very friendly and helpful at all times. The only issue I had with the room was that you have to pay for television/internet access (unless you only want basic cable). I found this quite odd for a large chain hotel. Overall a good experience, however. The food was pricey, but that is to be expected in the U.K.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
NovotelNottingham, General Manager at Hotel Novotel Nottingham Derby, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Dear Nina55555,

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

I am also pleased to inform you that we now have free internet available in all the hotel bedrooms.

Hope you had a safe trip back and we hope we can welcome you back again next time you visit the UK.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

My sister and I had a great weekend in the Midlands, meeting up with friends at Alton Towers and then for dinner at Restaurant Sat Bains in Nottingham

We were on the hunt for somewhere reasonably priced to lay our heads for the night around Nottingham. Expedia threw up this Novotel with a great rate for B&B and its location just off the M1 junction 25 made it ideal for accessing both our theme park and restaurant

I'll get the negative out of the way first. The building is a bit dated though the staff do work hard at keeping it clean. The whole place could do with some updating and lick of paint. If I had paid the rack rate I saw on checking in, I'd have been disappointed but the Expedia price point was fair

Happily, I can report on a yummy buffet breakfast. The staff worked very hard to keep everything stocked up and guests supplied with coffee and tea. There was a good choice of hot food - all components of an English breakfast were available together with a small selection of continental style cheese and ham. The cold counter had fresh fruit salad, cereals, yoghurts and pastries and I appreciated having a range of fruit juices available. Sadly, the friendly staff were once again let down by the infrastructure - the old bread toaster acted more like a bread warmer

When my friends and I braved the outdoor pool (it was totally freezing in the British mid summer), the real gems of this hotel came to light - the staff, especially the female waitstaff from the restaurant, who were super friendly, chatty and made us feel at home

To the management of Novotel, the staff in your hotel is top class. They have elevated what would have been a 3 star rating to a 4 star review. Please back them up by giving them surroundings to match their 5 star service!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
NovotelNottingham, General Manager at Hotel Novotel Nottingham Derby, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Dear Yeegan,

I am pleased to see that the team at the Novotel Nottingham East Midlands impressed you with their service. This is something we aim to do and your feedback will only encourage us to do better. Sorry the pool was not warm enough for you. It is heated but the outside temperature does play a part too sometimes. I note your comments about the toaster, I assure you that this does work perfectly and I have asked the team to keep a more regular eye on the temperature settings, as people can change these to their own preference.

Finally, I would like to also assure you that we do have a published, rack rate, however the rates on the day (like most hotels) is dynamic, and you will always find the best rates by calling the hotel or going on the Novotel website.

Thank you very much for your feedback and we do look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

A nice comfortable hotel , books last minute so got a great deal.

Rooms were a little dated but very clean and a very comfy bed.
Bar area was very nice and bright with friendly staff.
Reception staff were very welcoming.

Outdoor pool was closed due to weather.

Breakfast was lovely and plenty to choose from.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
NovotelNottingham, General Manager at Hotel Novotel Nottingham Derby, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Dear AlanandDebbie O,

Thank you very much for your feedback. Nice to see you found the staff welcoming and friendly. The pool is now open till September and we hope to welcome you back again.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Clean large room, very comfy bed, nice to see a bath, very pleasant staff, all fine and functional as one would expect from a Novotel..
Well located for M1, Nottingham and surrounding areas.
Reasonable value.

Dear McCeeBee,

Appreciate you comments regarding your recent stay. I'm glad to see that it was convenient and we hope to welcome you back next time you are on business in the area.

A TripAdvisor Member
Spalding, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Staff were very friendly and made to feel welcome. Rooms a little dated, TV picture poor but bed very comfortable. Excellent breakfast offering.

Overall, excellent staff, beds and breakfast but hotel needs a makeover.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
NovotelNottingham, General Manager at Hotel Novotel Nottingham Derby, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Pleased you enjoyed your sleep and had a good breakfast in the morning. We are planning on updating the TV system very shortly. Thank you very much for your review, the team is delighted you enjoyed our service and we hope to welcome you again.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

The water was running black. Could not shower and stomach upset just from brushing my teeth. Sure this must be a temp problem. Staff lovely.rooms clean. Staff welcoming. Bar area small but modern . Children seemed to enjoy the pool. No time for us to use. Quite a lot of noise from smokers using the fire exit to go out to smoke very late and again very early.

• Stayed: June 2013

Dear Fran P,

Thank you for your review. I can assure you the matter was an isolated one that affected very few bedrooms and it was quickly rectified. Please feel free to call me on 01159465111 or email me on h0507-gm@accor.com to discuss this further.

Thank you for your comments about the staff; hope you enjoyed the rest of your holiday and we hope to welcome you back again.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Perfect location for my meeting in Ilkeston. Upon arrival the front desk senior staff was very welcoming and extremely polite and helpful, by ensuring I was positionin a room near reception, so I could use WIFI.
Room clean and comfortable, breakfast excellent. Good VFM
I shall definitively be back!

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Bab0510,

Thank you very much for your feedback. Very pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Novotel nottingham East Midlands. We look forward to your next visit.

Genaral Manager

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Nottingham - Gateway
Hilton East Midlands Airport
Hilton East Midlands Airport
#3 of 7 in Castle Donington

Been to Hotel Novotel Nottingham Derby? Share your experiences!