“EXCEPTIONALLY good value”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Long Eaton
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
“EXCEPTIONALLY good value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

I have used this hotel twice when I have been in the area. The first time when I was meeting friends for a ride (motorcycles) in the Peak district, and then again when visiting friends in Nottingham itself.

The hotel is a short drive from the city, but that wasn't an issue for me as I had my own transport each time. There is sufficient parking at the hotel, which was one of the attractions for me, and the staff were very accommodating with letting me park my bike somewhere safe.

The main attraction is that it really was genuinely the cheapest hotel I could find anywhere in the area. It was £30 a night, for a room which had a double bed AND an pull out sofa bed meaning I didn't have to share a bed with my male friend.

When I first arrived, I thought I had got what I paid for, but the exterior is VERY deceiving! Once I stepped inside, it was comparable to some of the mid-range hotels I have stayed in around London, on business. Very clean, very modern, and it had a good atmosphere.

The staff were very professional, helpful, and welcoming. They were accommodating too, I woke up late one morning and missed breakfast, however they were more than happy to make me a bacon and egg roll (which wasn't even on the menu).

The room was clean, even if it it wasn't the best equipped, it was comfortable.The bed was nice, it had a TV. I had access to an Iron, and everything I needed.

The hotel had a lounge which people seemed to use, and a restaurant. I believe it also has a swimming pool, but I didn't get a chance to try these out.

I would DEFINITELY recommend using this hotel, especially if you are on a budget.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
NovotelNottingham, General Manager at Hotel Novotel Nottingham Derby, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Dear Cameron F,

Many thanks for posting your comments. We appreciate all feedback - the team are always willing to go the extra mile to make our guest feel at home. We all look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind regards,
K Ikulayo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Derbyshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

I have stayed in this hotel several times and have always been highly satisfied with it. The rooms are clean and comfortable, and the staff are very friendly. That says it all really - I don't know why there is a ludicrous 200 character minimum for reviews :-(

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
NovotelNottingham, General Manager at Hotel Novotel Nottingham Derby, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Dear NVC62,

Glad you had an excellent stay with us. Thank you for using the Novotel Nottingham East Midlands hotel and we hope you will be just as satisfied with your next visit.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

We stayed at this hotel Friday night and it was lovely.....great value for money, friendly staff and a fab location just off the motorway, we couldnt ask for more. The room was really spacious, warm and clean.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
NovotelNottingham, General Manager at Hotel Novotel Nottingham Derby, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear nottingham23,

Thank you very much for your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit at Novotel Nottingham East Midlands Hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Malta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

We have to visit Nottingham quite frequently from our home in South Wales and having stayed in quite a number of hotels over the past 18 months we have come to the conclusion that Novotel is the only one for us. Not only is the hotel well located, clean and reasonably priced but the staff are extremely good providing an excellent service always with a smile and quickly and efficiently. Full marks to the Manager who is often to be seen around the hotel, always a good sign, he obviously, to us, runs a very smart and happy organisation. We will not stay anywhere else now and our judgement is based on world wide travel and a few cruise ships.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Paul F
Dear silverfoxMalta,

I’m very grateful that you could take time to leave us your thoughts and write a review. I’m so pleased you contiue to enjoy your stay with us, and we hope to see you again in the very near future.
Kind regards,
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2012

Having read all of the derogatory comments, we approached this Novotel with an open mind. We feel the balance of comments needs to be redressed.
The room was clean, the bed comfortable, very well insulated from external road noise, and the least dusty hotel room we've stayed in for a long while.
The room was laid out with a double bed, and a double sofa-bed, which, okay it's narrow there by the wall - so compromise and get on and off at the foot of the bed.
The walls are artexed, but if viewed as retro, with a modern telly, the room was basic but lovely. A good sleep.
The staff were very friendly and warm-hearted.
Breakfast was very good, actually.
We'd definitely stay again.

• Stayed November 2012
2 Thank walmon1977
Dear walmon1977,

I am glad you made the descision to stay with us and equally pleased that you were happy with the hotel and the service. Thank you very much for your review and we hope to see you again soon.

Gillingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

Stayed here for 1 night, pulled up looked ok, bar reception all ok, room however from the set of the Sweeny, the first nineteen seventies one.

Totally dated however clean and for £41-00 a night (£51 with Breakfast)

But what makes it excellent is....the staff, omg they just cannot do enough they are polie enaging they listen and insure get everything you should do.

Never seen staff work as hard as that in all aspects of their job, an absololute shining star for the hotels manager whi is exactly tyhe same as i met him juat after he welcomed satff in the breakfast room

Breakfast to die for and soooo much choice if its not there ask, trust me it will be,

Hotel itself a little dated, but worth for the staff, bloomin well done.

Room Tip: ask for a referburb if possible