“A chain hotel in need of a face lift”

Hotel Novotel Nottingham Derby
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Long Eaton
Reviewed November 14, 2012

i have used this hotel a couple of times when travelling for business nearby. The accommocation is ok but a bit tired and in need of a face lift. The restaurant is also ok but the food is very standard fare. Much used by coach parties who can make you feel a bit excluded if you are a solo traveller. There are other hotels nearby and from experience I can say that this is the best of them. Well located if you want to get on and off the M1 - quite easy to get to and from the station at Long Eaton by taxi.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank mrsmills55
NovotelNottingham, General Manager at Hotel Novotel Nottingham Derby, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Dear mrsmills55,

Thank you for your loyalty and thank you very much for your feedback. We are mindful that all our guests are looked after so please let us know if there is anything more we can do to make your next stay with us more comfortable and relaxed.

Kind Regards,
h0507-gm@accor.com
0115 946 5111

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Reviewed November 11, 2012

The hotel is ideally located for people, like myself, visiting a number of different locations in the Derby, Nottingham and Leicester area. It is just off the exit 25 on the M1. Rooms are starting to show their age but are large and comfortable. Restaurant is a little sterile but the bar is OK. Very friendly staff. Unfortunately free wifi is only available in the bar / reception area and not in the rooms. Price of the room was very competitive.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Many thanks for posting your comments. We appreciate all feedback very much. Delighted you find the location convenient for your travels and the team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Novotel Nottingham East Midlands Hotel.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

Reception was friendly and helpful but the lift was out of order and the bar being refurbished which, I was assured, would not affect the service. Having dropped my bags in a fairly spartan but serviceable room I went down to the bar for a quick drink. There were no staff around and it took me 15 minutes to be served.
Dinner was embarrassing with people on all tables complaining. I opted for a simple chicken caesar salad when a waiter finally asked me. i duly arrived and was ok. The wrong drinks were brought but were changed without question.
My nights sleep was fine.
I asked for a late check out and this was readily granted. However no-one had told housekeeping who 3 times tried to come into the room.
So all in all the stay was ok - dont expect too much or you may be disappointed.

Dear superlion1958,

Thank you for your feedback. Please accept our apologies about the dinner service and be assured that we have looked into the matter. Please give me a call to discuss things at your convenience.

0115 946 5111

Reviewed November 9, 2012

Stayed here 1 night on business. Room very spacious and clean. Yes a bit dated but for the price great. The bar and restaurant area are very good. I had a very quiet room and a comfy bed. The guy on reception who checked me in was lovely, really polite and wecoming ( 6.00pm 7/11/12, manager please note if you read this so you can thank him). Only slight complaint would be the evening meal in the restaurant, service very slow, not the waiters but the chef I think. My food was lovely, just not enough of it. £15.90 for the lamb, really nice but left feeling a little hungry. Breakfast was good, I booked it as part of the room. all in all very happy with my stay

Reviewed November 9, 2012

We booked two adjoining rooms, for two nights, (my parents in one and me + teenage son in the other) for the sole purpose of having somewhere to bed down whilst visiting my other son at University. Having found a deal online which worked out at only £15 pppn, we had no particular expectations. We arrived before check-in time but this wasn't a problem as we were shown immediately to our rooms by the friendly reception staff.
The rooms were 'of an era', decor-wise, however they were spacious, airy and quiet with a comfortable king-size bed as well as a double sofa-bed which was already made up for my son to use.
We had booked the room-only option but upon enquiring at the desk, we were told if breakfast was pre-booked, it was only half the price and free for children under 16, so this was ideal. The food and service was outstanding despite a problem having occurred in the kitchen on one of the mornings. In fact, the staff here were some of the friendliest I've encountered in the UK.
I will have no hesitation in returning to this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Dear MissKent,

Pleased to see you were impressed with our services at the Novotel Nottingham East Midlands Hotel. Thank you for the review and hope we can welcome you back when you are visiting your son at University again.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed November 4, 2012

This is a plastic hotel. If you just need somewhere to put your head down when travelling then go here. The service is good, the food is over-priced but nice and it provides exactly what you would expect. The value is excellent, Book online in advance.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
NovotelNottingham, General Manager at Hotel Novotel Nottingham Derby, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Dear CharltonEd,

Many thanks for the review. We always welcome feedback and my team and I are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope we can be part of your future travel plans.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Long Eaton
De Vere Orchard Hotel
#6 of 41 in Nottingham
Village Hotel Nottingham
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Nottingham - Gateway

Been to Hotel Novotel Nottingham Derby? Share your experiences!