“Lovely meal but weird place to have a restaurant”
Review of Focus By James - CLOSED

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Invercargill, New Zealand
“Lovely meal but weird place to have a restaurant”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

My dad and I went out for a meal tonight and it was very very nice. We were lucky to have a voucher and were treated like all the rest of all the other customers and everything was delish. My dad had the cheesecake but they forgot the lemon syrup but it was so good he just ate it with out, but he said it was missing something, but by the time he remembered if was on the menu he had finished most of it. Well worth the money as the food and service was at a very high standard. Loved it and would recommend it.

• Visited December 2012

Nadi, Fiji
“Sensational food”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

I had a birthday celebration there, the staff went out of their way to make my night special and even prepared a special menu for us. There is a nice ambience there with great food, good service and great music.

• Visited November 2012
Brisbane, Australia
“Succulent Atlantic Salmon”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

We have dined here before and mostly enjoyed the experience - the exception being a lunch last year, (It was discounted but the servings were miniscule).

This time it was a memorable experience. The service was prompt and friendly. The waitress was quite knowledgeable and chatty. We both had the Atlantic salmon - beautifully cooked with matching accompaniments. Dessert for her was a Broulee - not really appetising however I enjoyed a French toast dish with raspberries and peanut butter ice cream, really delicious. The wine, an Aussie Sav Blanc was quite acceptable.

A good suburban restaurant with a faithful following. We will return.

• Visited October 2012
Brisbane, Australia
“Service counts”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Our evening at Focus was almost a wash-out from the start. I'm allergic to some highly scented perfumes and there was a strong whiff of it in the restaurant. We sat by an open window and I thought I'd be okay, but before long my eyes and nose were running and I felt ill. Rather than call off our evening, our wonderful waitress arranged for us to move into a function area next to the main restaurant where we were able to enjoy the rest of our evening. Special service which turned around a potentially dreadful situation.

Visited October 2011
hobart
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Step up from Sizzlers”
Reviewed July 28, 2012

well the meats were ok but ho hum, had to pay for veges, $8 for a bowl of Deb with lemon juice called "skordalia", $8 for heavily boiled courgette, the haloumi was tiny and not grilled but gently toasted, and the head waiter was flogging wine like it was water: if one of us said "no thanks we've got enough" he'd go to the next person on the table and ask them, so we got our food an hour after sitting. Good news for them, our table of 7 were right next to a 3 table party, so we couldn't hear each other above the fun-loving pre-schoolers playing chaseys with helium balloons and getting bored (God love 'em). Sadly the crayons provided for novelty value were too dry and ancient to work (owner confided in me that he knew and was using up his old stock - I said spend $20 at KMart and fix it).

AND when they ran out of the semillon they said we could upgrade at no cost BUT at the check-out they'd forgotten that and had to be strenuously reminded.

Same environment and better range at Sizzler.

• Visited July 2012