Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Velassaru Maldives(Velassaru Island)
  • Breakfast included
Adaaran Prestige Vadoo(Vaadhoo Island)
Giravaru Resort(Giraavaru Island)
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
Taj Exotica Resort & Spa(Emboodhu Finolhu)
View Hotel
All reviewskids clubbeach villaprivate poolindian restaurantspecial thanksthe general managerwater sportsocean suitemale airportour honeymoonbuggy servicefish feedingfamily holidayairport loungel shapehis teammain restaurant
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Excellent place, stayed in beach villa and water villa. Both are absolutely stunning. The beach villa is extremely huge and water villa gave us a feel of a true paradise. The views were stunning. The service was beyond imagination. I would like to thank enitre staff for good quality service but would specially like to thank Sajesh and Nital for making our trip the most memorable. They personalised our menu and cooked awesome food. Everyday local Indian food was cooked for us with the same taste and flavors. They also went beyond the standard service and arranged for a romantic dinner for me and my wife. The personal touch at Jumeirah is what made our honeymoon so special. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who wants a relaxing holiday with excellent service quality which is worth every penny!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Graham K, General Manager at Jumeirah Vittaveli, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of Jumeirah Vittaveli on Trip Advisor – we are all very glad that you enjoyed your stay and I will see that Sajesh and Nitai are personally thanked for helping to make our resort your “home away from home” in the Maldives and a for cfreating a memorable honeymoon

We believe in making experiences that are personalized for clients and are always happy to prepare a dish which is not on the menu so long as it lies within our wude range of available ingredients and teh skills of our culinary team

Many clients enjoy our Indian cuisine, the Tandoor oven and some guests even come from Male for our butter chicken and freshly cooked Naan bread

I do hope we will have an opportunity to welcome you back to Jumeirah Vittaveli in the near future and thank you once again for staying with us

Jumeiurah Vittaveli

Reviewed June 4, 2013

it's rare for me to travel to a place 'so special' I dont want to leave... Travelling with my 5 year old daughter and her mother can be complicated in getting the balance right. I'm pleased to share Vitavelli was exceptional and easily catered for us all. A great kids club - Larry was a favorite, quality pool time , peaceful beach time, deliciously tasty food in all restaurants including our own cooker lesson and private dining on the beach, good wine, lots of activities and entertainment including snorkling diving and a treasure hunt one morning. In the evenings at the restaurant on the beach there was an exceptional band and stunning lead singer who created the perfect ambiance for that starlit stroll back to the villa.
The staff and team were real people and I felt like i'd made friends for life, i'm already planning my return trip.
Only regrets - 5 days wasn't long enough...! Next time two weeks at least.

Room Tip: we had a beach villa, however the stilted villa's over the sea looked amazing, especially those you can only get to by boat. With a 5 yr old the beach villa was perfect.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank the_Smiths888
Graham K, General Manager at Jumeirah Vittaveli, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of Jumeirah Vittaveli on Trip Advisor. The team and I are all delighted that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and are planning to return. I will see that Larry is thanked properly for having made your stay special. We have certainly been working hard on some new programmes to entertain clients and Larry’s fire dancing and the newly started Island Treasure Hunt have proved to be very popular with families.

Our entertainers do attract quite a few positive comments and I am glad they “made your evening” more than once. Our cooking classes and private beach dinners usually help to make each experience exhilarating and individual for our guests – this is what we aim to do and I am really glad that we have achieved this with you and your family.

Please let us know when you are ready to return and we’ll be delighted to help you with your reservation

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Just returned from Jumeirah Vittaveli after 5 awesome days with the Family. We spent 2 nights in the Water Villas and 3 nights in the Beach Villas. The experience in both was superb. The beds are huge and so comfortable and the Villas themselves are very spacious and tastefully laid out. There was no extra charge for the kids beds in the room and bottled water was on tap which can sting you in other resorts. For us the Kids Club was a hit. From day 1 our kids (5 & 9) loved the KC and the team there were really great with all the children. I also scuba dived everyday with the dive center (Best Dives Maldives) and must say that I had a fantastic time. I completed 12 dives and the team there really tried to make sure that each day's diving was a little different from the last. They have excellent equipment and good clean new boats ideal for diving and most important a very safe, professional and responsible crew. I saw Reef Sharks, Eagle Rays and Turtles on nearly every dive. Nothing was rushed or too much, it was a perfect diving break for me. The site were close so I could dive twice in the morning and be back for lunch with the family and make an afternoon or night dive if I wanted to. The Wife was very happy with the Talise Spa and occupied herself there whilst I was diving. We all got something really special out of our stay at JV and would recommend this resort for anyone with children.

Room Tip: We had sunrise villas over the water and the beach. This side of the resort seemed to get less wind so the lagoons off your beach were very calm. Also got a good amount of sun for most of the day.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Graham K, General Manager at Jumeirah Vittaveli, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Dear Phil O,

Thank you for your recent review of Jumeirah Vittaveli on Trip Advisor. I and the team are delighted that you enjoyed your holiday here so much. Vittaveli can be a haven for families as well as honeymooners, as the Villa design is such that you can enjoy complete privacy and be in your “own little world” – especially with the private pool featured in every villa. We are still working hard to bring new ideas and touches to the Children’s Club – this summer we will be installing a new climbing frame, and our Island Treasure Hunt will kick off – a novel way for children to learn more about the flora and fauna of the island we have the privilege to take care of.

I am so glad, too, that you enjoyed the Diving at Vittaveli – I sometimes think it is one of our best kept secrets! There are wrecks and plenty of marine life teeming very close by. Thank you for mentioning this facet of the experience we offer. I will certainly pass on your kind words to the team at Best Dives here.

I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Vittaveli soon

Reviewed May 17, 2013

It was our first time to the Maldives and it was our best relaxing week since honeymoon. The hotel is less than 30 min away from Male by the speed boat and it is really family friendly. The hospatility of the local Maldivan staff and others was unforgettable, Traveling for the first time with our infant "daughter" we had a wonderful time.

The worst thing in the trip was the speed boat trip from Male airport to the resort. The trip was rough due to windy/raining weather. Few passengers had sea sickness during the trip. Also, it is good to mention that we had to wait for about an hour in the airport for other passengers to arrive from another flight so that they can take us all in the same speed boat.

The private photo session was amazing, don't miss it and plan it ahead of time so that you can have different sessions at different timing.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Graham K, General Manager at Jumeirah Vittaveli, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of Jumeirah Vittaveli, we are all very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I apologize if you were kept waiting at the airport, some passengers or flights unfortunately get delayed and we will try to minimize this inconvenience as much as possible.

The Photography service has just started this year and has proved very popular with all our guests, you and old alike, of all nationalities. We are pleased to be able to offer very guest a souvenir photo of their stay with us, with our compliments.

When you next visit us, I can assure you that you will find some pleasant surprises as we are always upgrading our facilities and services to provide a memorable experience for our guests

Thank you again for choosing Jumeirah Vittaveli, we look forward to welcoming you back soon

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Its our last day at the Jumeirah Vitavelli and my husband and I are really sad to be leaving.

This hotel and its staff really exceeded our expectations!

When we read the reviews on tripadvisor we were a bit unsure as to whether this is the right hotel for us to spend our Anniversary. However, after 3 nights here, we are so happy we made this choice and can't wait to come back!!

Summary of our experience was as follows:

-Personal Greeting :Upon arrival, we were greeted with a fantastic crew, playing instruments and we had a personal photography session!
-Personalized Service: I had asked for a baby's bed and found it ready in the room with a sterilizer and bath toys!
-Beautiful rooms: The rooms were very private and had a beautiful view! We stayed in the over water villas. I love the fact that each room had its own private pool!
-Personal Butler: Our butler, Zaher, was fantastic! Always available whenever we needed anything and arranged for us to stay longer in the suite on our last day since our flight was at 11pm with no extra charge! He also took the liberty of making our anniversary so special by arranging a cake and champagne for us to celebrate our anniversary!
-Great Food!: our expectations of the food was quite low given some of the reviews on tripadvisor but the food was excellent. Specifically, we had the most amazing mud crab at the MU restaurant organized by Sajesh! Then the second night, we tried the other restaurant Finesse and I was craving the mud crab again! So our waitress Laura was kind enough to arrange the mud crab from the other restaurant to be delivered to Finesse! I loved her attitude of "everything is possible"..this is really what defines excellent service.

Overall, this was a fantastic hotel with the friendliest staff!

We will be back for sure to stay again at the Jumeirah Vitavelli!

Thank you for making it such a wonderful anniversary for us!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lily N
Graham K, General Manager at Jumeirah Vittaveli, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Dear LilyN,

Thank you for your recent review of Jumeirah Vittaveli on Trip Advisor. We are all very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us - that you want to return is the highest compliment that you could pay us.

We do try hard to make each guest’s stay with us as customized as possible and I feel that this resort has something to offer a wide variety of guests, whether they are couples, such as yourselves, with a young baby, honeymooners, or parents with teenagers.

We systematically say thank you to all colleagues which have made a difference during our Monthly Colleague meetings and I will see that Zahir and Laura are thanked in this way. We are always willing and glad to cater to special requests as we feel flexibility and friendliness are a very important ingredient of service.

Do let us know as soon as you are ready to return and we’ll be delighted to welcome you back!