“Wonderful place to stop for breakfast”

Cawleys Guest House
Ranked #3 of 7 Tubbercurry B&B and Inns
Loughrea, Galway, Ireland
“Wonderful place to stop for breakfast”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Recently the G M I T Hurling team stopped at Cawleys for breakfast on our way to Derry. Teresa, Pierre and the staff were unbelievable. What a breakfast!!! Would recommend Cawleys as a perfect stop off to anyone taking a team or group to the North of Ireland.
We were in and back on the road again within 40 minutes.
We will definately be back next time.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank 525MichaelR525
  • Reviewed November 15, 2015

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Toledo, Ohio
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Everything was totally charming. The room was nicely appointed, the food was lovely and Theresa & Pierre simply could not have been more helpful and obliging. My only complaint? Their fabulous Irish coffee has ruined me for anyone else's!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 19, 2012

This was actually my fourth time at Cawley's and things just keep getting better. This was my sister's first visit and she had a wonderful experience. The room was lovely, the food wonderful and we could not have asked for better or more attentive service. Theresa, Pierre and the staff could not have done more to make us feel at home.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 7, 2012

My family and I stayed at Cawleys when we came over for a funeral. We booked last minute and we could not have found a better hotel if we had planned it months in advance.
We arrived in the morning and after a very warm welcome we were shown to our rooms. Our rooms had everything you would need. The bedroom and bathroom was very clean with all the towels and bedding you would need.
The food was delicious and the staff could not have done any more for us. It was a home from home stay and bearing in mind the difficult circumstances we were staying for, Theresa, Pierre and the other members of staff made it an absolute pleasure for us to stay with them. We really could not have asked for more in a hotel.
I would highly recommend Cawleys and will go back next time we are in the area.
We can not thank you enough for making our stay very comfortable.

Room Tip: Excellent value, excellent service, excellent staff, honestly could not fault it!!!!!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dublin
Reviewed August 19, 2012

I couldn't let the weekend pass without writing a post about how wonderful we found Cawley's in Tubbercurry. The hospitality and service we received was second to none. We are only sorry we hadn't booked to stay with the Cawleys for our short visit to Tubbercurry!! We popped into Cawleys intending to only have a quiet drink but ended up spending the best night of our holidays there. It was great to come across an owner (Teresa) who was so passionate about where her food was sourced. Also, the house wine - I took a note of the label and hope to source some here in Dublin - it was wonderful.
Thank you, Teresa, Pierre, family and staff for a great evening. Will definately be in touch if we are in the area again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
cawleysguesthouse, Owner at Cawleys Guest House, responded to this review, September 9, 2012
Dear Claire,
Thank you for your lovely comments. They are very much appreciated. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your evening with us. I think you may find it difficult to find our house wine so please do not hesitate to contact us and I will put you directly in contact with our french wine supplier. He is based in Ireland . We look forward to meeting you again in the future.
Teresa and Pierre
Framingham, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 31, 2012

One can not beat the hospitality and the feelinig that you are at home. My daughter and I stayed at Cawley's in June, 2011 for two nights and our entire family of eight returned for four nights in July, 2012.
Highly recommend the hotel and the freindly enviornment. Teresa, Pierre and staff made our entire famlly very comforable. As mentioned, Cawleys has the delightful atmospheric feel of which is more a home than a hotel!
The breadfasts and dinners are outstanding and don't miss the scones......see if you can find the interesting bottle of Port!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
cawleysguesthouse, Owner at Cawleys Guest House, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Dear Martin,
Thank you for your lovely comments. It was a pleasure to have all your family staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you all again soon. Your comment about the port bottle has had a few curious customers in the bar since your visit !
Kind Regards
Teresa and Pierre
Reviewed July 28, 2012

I have been going to Ireland for about 20 years and have been in Tubbercurry for about the past 19 of those 20 and always stay at Cawley's. Can not beat the hospitality and the reception given upon arrival. I always feel like I am going home when I go to Tubber and stay in Cawley's. Food is terrific and I feel like a princess and am treated like one while I am there. Keeping go back so I guess that means I love staying in Cawley's and the people.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank 1012maureen
cawleysguesthouse, Owner at Cawleys Guest House, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Thank you Maureen for your wonderful positive comments. As always it was a pleasure having you stay with us again and we look forward to welcoming you again for the next Summer School if not before on a flying visit. KInd regards from Teresa ,Pierre and all the staff
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tubbercurry
Riverside Hotel
#1 of 3 in Enniscrone
The Ice House Hotel
The Ice House Hotel
#2 of 9 in Ballina

Been to Cawleys Guest House? Share your experiences!