“A Simply Superb Experience”

and 1 more site!
Cawleys Guest House
Ranked #1 of 6 Tubbercurry B&B and Inns
London
“A Simply Superb Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2011

Wife and I stayed at Crawleys and struggled to decide what was best: the staff; the food or the room. Simply a great hotel with the most hospitable hosts and staff, who made us welcome from the moment we entered until the moment we left. Loved it!!!!

Try it - you will not be disappointed!!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Alan C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Stafford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2011

Our first time in Ireland - a long weekend based in Tubbercurry - eating out In Cawleys. Teresa, Pierre and their two daughters made us feel very, very welcome. The staff (Paula) could not do enough for you. Teresa's "home cooking" was absolutely superb. The first night I chose off menu and was treated to a wonderful stir fry and my wife had a most delicious mango chicken. The food was beautifully presented with large portions. We could have gone anywhere for our evening meal but we went back a second night and were treated to further culinary delights. Even if it's a bit of a drive I really do recommend folks to try out the food at Cawley's - it's well worth it. We're back home now but have lovely memories of the Guest House. I teach cooking to students who can't cope in mainstream schools and now I have some fabulous recipes to try out with my students, family & friends - thank you so much Teresa. We hope to come back and visit you all again with friends. Mark & Dawn Webberley. Stafford. England.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
8 Thank Mark W
Antwerp, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2011

We were very happy with our staying in Cawleys.
Great food, very friendly staff, good service, clean rooms, the real atmosphere of Irish hospitality!!!!! We are surely coming back next year.
We had a great birthday-dinner party with first class service and food.
friendly greetings danny and lut from belgium.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank bodhrandanny
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2011

I just spent ten days in Ireland and had a fabulous time. Two guest houses were wonderful -Staunton's in Dublin and, especially Cawleys in Tubbercurry. The food was great, the room was very comfortable and the attention of the staff was great

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
5 Thank nanabnyc
Moncton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2011

Had a lovely few days during the tubbercurry music festival in cawley`s, I found the staff very friendly, the guesthouse has a beautiful garden and terrace, where I enjoyed the few days of sun! Lovely bar and restaurant area. Television in the room was a bit small but did not bother me. Clean room and comfortable bed. Hope to return to see ye next year!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
5 Thank jane-lavoie
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2011

Although I read one bad review the other 11 convinced me that this would be nice place to stay. I have to say I made the right decision and have had a wonderful stay thank you. The staff were very friendly and very helpful.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
6 Thank DaithiMac1960
Kerry, Ireland.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2011

The room we were shown to was filty dirty, the walls were all grubby,dirt stains, hand prints etc. with paint falling off (from damp), the winows has mould growing on the inside, the carpet was dirty and all stains and greeted with a smell of damp, musty and cold. It was so bad we stood looking at the room and each other for 15 minutes before we decided (standing-because I couldn't bear to sit down anywhere) to go back down to reception and request a clean room as we were not happy(disgusted) with this one. We were shown 2 more rooms, but it didn't get any better, the corridor which led to the rooms has wallpaper with active mould growth all over it, one room even had a thick band of mould growing all around the edge of the ceiling. It was not fit for anyone to stay in. I said this to the staff and I was told "you don't have to stay here", (no excuses for the state of the rooms or surprise at our disgust) which we didn't, we were paying good money for a hap hazard run down establishment that we unhealthy to be in. So at 7pm in the evening we had to turn around after 5 hours travelling and find accommodation. Don't put yourself through the torment of even thinking about staying here, you could leave sick with the amount of mould and damp in this place-SHOCKING!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
6 Thank Siobhan3
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tubbercurry
Strandhill Lodge and Suites Hotel
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,186 reviews
Murphy's Hotel
Murphy's Hotel
#2 of 6 in Tubbercurry

Been to Cawleys Guest House? Share your experiences!