The room we were shown to was filty dirty, the walls were all grubby,dirt stains, hand prints etc. with paint falling off (from damp), the winows has mould growing on the inside, the carpet was dirty and all stains and greeted with a smell of damp, musty and cold. It was so bad we stood looking at the room and each other for 15 minutes before we decided (standing-because I couldn't bear to sit down anywhere) to go back down to reception and request a clean room as we were not happy(disgusted) with this one. We were shown 2 more rooms, but it didn't get any better, the corridor which led to the rooms has wallpaper with active mould growth all over it, one room even had a thick band of mould growing all around the edge of the ceiling. It was not fit for anyone to stay in. I said this to the staff and I was told "you don't have to stay here", (no excuses for the state of the rooms or surprise at our disgust) which we didn't, we were paying good money for a hap hazard run down establishment that we unhealthy to be in. So at 7pm in the evening we had to turn around after 5 hours travelling and find accommodation. Don't put yourself through the torment of even thinking about staying here, you could leave sick with the amount of mould and damp in this place-SHOCKING!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Cawleys Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.