All reviews two nights private beach one night shuttle boat star hotel lagoon receptionist products chef sommelier barcelona luxury
Selected filters
Reviewed September 22, 2018 via mobile

I made the mistake of not checking reviews before booking! My wife and I had stayed in a real 5 Star for the previous two nights in Spain. Incomparable. On arriving here the receptionist asked us if we wanted help with our bags in such a way that it was evident that we were giving her a problem if we did! Clearly they do not employ porters.
Breakfast is poor and the level of service a shambles. 3 times I had to ask for coffee. The second morning I knew to ask for it hot as it was cold on the first day. It arrived tepid, without milk!!! Why don’t they have a Nespresso machine or similar?? Breakfast choice very poor for a 5 Star hotel. No chef to cook an omelette etc, just cold scrambled eggs available and no hot plates. Tepid water also provided for tea. Clearly they don’t know or don’t care that tea is made with boiling water!! Absolutely the worst breakfast we’ve ever experienced in a five star hotel. Management need to visit Hotel de la Citee in Carcassonne and see for themselves what comprises a quality breakfast in a 5 Star Hotel.
We had paid for half board because their L’Almandine restaurant had a Michelin star. After the first night we went back hesitantly as we were very disappointed. Our table d’hote menu was very restricted. The only starter was ceviche and it was shockingly tough. Unchewable. A disgrace for any restaurant but especially one with a star. Main courses were average, the dessert was the star. Admittedly the second night was much better, but service was poor, something that generally seems to be an issue with this hotel.
Saint Cyprien Plage is lovely with a fabulous beach. Just don’t use this hotel. Not worth the money.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 6, 2018

Experience totally negative. Absolutely overpriced for the almost zero service they have. I have been there for three nights, hoping in relax, spa and good food. For more than 400 euros each night. At the arrival there was no one to help us for the luggages and the first thing the "Madame" at the conciergerie was that the restaurant "L'Almandine" was totally booked for all the weekend (we arrived on Friday afternoon). At the arrival, surprise! We asked for a deluxe room: it was little, uncomfortable, old, in Sixties Style (but the hotel was built in Sixties?!) and very noise. the only nice thing they do to me and to my partner was to change our room, because in the first it was a vey, very noisy family with screaming babies. But ok: the pool on the roof was not clean, the massages offered were very poor and too expensive, the breakfast was really too small and sad for a five star luxury hotel. The first night the "Madame" at the conciergerie sent us to eat in the affiliated hotel, "Les Bulles", saying that they did «traditional cuisine». Oh oh! What a liar! Everything was just took out of refrigerator and we spent in 2 almost 100 euros for the worst dinner in my life. I avoided any contact with people wrking in the hotel - which needs a total restauration - just not to fight with them. Otherwise, the did not everything to be friendly, or asking if we needed something. No one never came to make the room in the afternoon: I'd expect this and much more from the most expensive hotel of Ile de La Lagune. The impression was they were in a hurry to substitute uswith other clients. When I paid, no one again helped me and my friend for luggages. I spent many night in real lyxuty hotel for the same price or less and this it's not even comparable to them. It must be our honeymoon. It became our nightmare. Absolutely NOT do not go there. And - I repeat - ll the struture needs a renovation. The only question remained is: at what kind of clients are the Roussillon owners used to? And: do they know the maning of five star Luxury hotel or it was just a nice for the outside walls? I was very sad and disappointed.

Room tip: The roooms on the pool are more quiet.
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Antonio M
MrLormand, Propriétaire at Hotel L'Ile de la Lagune, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2018

Dear Sir,
we inform our futur guest that we have at the hotel one of the best restaurant in the region : "L'Almandin".
We are very glad of the quality of this restaurant but we have a lot of reservation and it's better to anticipate to be sure to have a table.
That's why we give this information many times before the arrival, at the reservation or on the email of confirmation to favor the guest of the hotel.
According with the other comments, it's surprising to understand your feeling on the breakfast, the room, the hotel, the swimming pool...
We present this comment to our staff to understand your negative opinion.
Best regards

Reviewed May 7, 2018

We spent one night in the hotel ille de la Lagune and this was a desaster. The room was dirty, the black hairs in our bed from another person uncredible and on top - we had to carry our luggage at arrival and departure by ourself!!! This hotel is for our opinion not a category of 5 stars - not more than 3 stars.
The restaurant was very good for dinner - good quality. But the breakfast was terrible, we had to make our expresso by ourself and the ham smelled like dead animals.
Never in our live we would come to this hotel!

Room tip: Are there really good rooms?
Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
MrLaporte, Directeur général at Hotel L'Ile de la Lagune, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2018

Dear Sir,
according with your comment we are so deseapointed with your return.
I invit you to call M. Laporte the Director to speak about your feeling.
Best regards

Reviewed January 26, 2018

We booked one night here due to proximity to Collioure and we found an amazing property surrounded by water. It is a 5 star hotel so you get the attention you pay for. Be aware that the restaurant seems to be quite famous so if you plan dining there better book it in advance.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 17, 2017 via mobile

We booked here for a night to celebrate our wedding anniversary, ended up staying two ! We were made very welcome in all areas , the food was simply some of the very best we have had in france . We would like to thank the whole team for such splendid service , we will be back

Date of stay: November 2017