“Our wedding of a lifetime......”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Passignano Sul Trasimeno
Villa San Crispolto
prpelxp
“Our wedding of a lifetime......”
Reviewed August 10, 2009

Our review is a copy of the letter we sent to Marco who owns Villa San Crispolto (and another Villa which is larger, Villa Barancino). Marco also organises everything to do with the wedding day. If you are looking for a truly relaxing wedding in the most beautiful of Italian settings, this is the place to book...............

To Marco

Well, where do we start. We would like to thank you so so very much for the most amazing week of our lives which we spent at Villa San Crispolto. When we arrived on the Saturday it was a glorious day and the grounds of the villa were immaculate. We all arrived together and as we had only seen the villa in winter time before, the views took our breath away......when I looked around to see what our guests' reactions were, I couldn't believe that most of the women (and some of the men!) had tears in their eyes, it was so overwhelming.

We met Monica straight away and what a welcoming and beautiful reception she gave us....we knew from that moment on we had made the best decision in choosing your Villa and you and your staff to organise our wedding.

The meeting we had with you on the Sunday was excellent, you answered all of our questions and brought the caterer and DJ to us at the Villa so we could run through everything with them....your organisation skills were fantastic. Everyone we met was so friendly and couldn't do enough for us, Alex even made a note of songs he didn't have in his extensive playlist and downloaded them for us before the wedding day.

You and Monica were always on the end of the mobile phone if we needed you for anything, however small. The women and the men all enjoyed their separate nights out at Caio Caios, with Massimo shauffering us there and back.

The day was perfect in every way, such a unique experience to have such a personal service at Cortona Town Hall. We truly felt like we were the first people ever to get married there and have our reception at Villa San Crispolto, something which I know we wouldn't have felt if we'd have chosen to get married in a hotel in the UK.

We really can't ever thank you enough for the whole experience. Monica is a credit to you and we felt like we'd known her forever after the first time we met her, she remembered everyones names which again made us feel so special.

Our guests kept asking us how we had ever found such a gem in you and Villa San Crispolto and I just explained that I'd simply typed in 'Romantic Italian Weddings' in an internet search engine and clicked on the link to your website. From the minute we saw the site, we couldn't look at anything else.

Everyone is still talking about the wedding, some even described it as the best wedding they'd ever been to, which for us is the ultimate compliment.

We hope to return to Passignano very soon and would love to come and meet you and Monica for a drink in Ciao Ciao's......just to say face to face how very grateful we were and always will be.

• Stayed June 2009

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Cavan
Reviewed June 16, 2009

We got married in Villa San Crispolto and I'm not going to go on about how wonderful it was as all of the other reviews hit the spot. I can’t add anything except to echo each and every one of them.

There are a couple of things I would like to note, Marco is a true gentleman!! Without his knowledge and experience our wedding could not have been as flawless as it was. Okay, the beauty both natural and restored is just mind blowing. Our guests were absolutely speechless to discover this place and the question on everyone’s tongue was how and where we found out about it. The most amazing part is when you introduce Marco and Jacob (who by the way, deserves a gold medal he is such a gem) to your guests they are so friendly they begin to ask how long you've known each other??

Our wedding day was just magical, like all of the other people in previous reviews have said, ''If you are thinking of going abroad to get married, don't hesitate and look no further'' Absolutely no pictures do this place justice. It is a must see.

We had 8 or so children at our wedding and one of the things that just put the icing on the cake was the entertainment Marco organised for them. It was my nephew's birthday the day we got married and Marco had organised a cake for him. When we sat down to our meal the kids were feed and ready to go before we got through the first course. Two people were up at the villa and in the main sitting room with face paints, balloon art and a disco ready to entertain and not one adult laid an eye on any of the kids(expect to peek in and check they were ok) until about 11pm. They had a ball and their parents were able to enjoy their meals and relax having a drink at the speeches without having to worry about a thing. This service only cost us about €100-odd and is worth every penny of it.

We are so happy that we went here to get married and the pictures we got from the wedding taken by Stefano are just magical. I hate having my picture taken and I can’t stop looking at these ones thinking how good I look.

Again I can’t say enough good things about this place and I regurgitate all of the other reviews and agree wholeheartedly that this place is a must see for everyone.

I have only attached a few photo's as I've tried to upload more and my pc is playing up but to view more photo's please go to www.romanticitalianweddings.com. I have loads more there and you can see photo's from loads of different people

• Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank Louiscavan
Aberdeenshire, Scotland UK
Reviewed October 13, 2008

We got married in September 08 at Villa San Crispolto and were truly blown away by the whole experience. We first visited the villa a year ago (see previous review) and fell in love with it, and on arrival with our 18 guests who were with us for the week it was fantastic to see how delighted they all were with where we'd chosen. The location is truly stunning, on a hill just 10mins from Passignano Sul Trasemino overlooking the lake.

The villa itself is beautifully restored, with each apartment different but all equally gorgeous and with great attention to detail. The pool was great, although we rarely went in as at that time of year it's a bit on the chilly side! The gardens are immaculate with a gardener on site a couple of times a week to maintain everything.
The kitchen is a great place to get together for dinner if you don't fancy going out and the owners restaurant nearby will happily deliver food and wine which was brilliant. There is also a BBQ area which we made use of.

There is air con in each of the apartments (additional cost, but not expensive) but we didn't need to use it really as it wasn't hot enough.

Passignano Sul Trasemino itself has enough restaurants to keep you going for the week, some better than others, and a couple of supermarkets. A car is a definite plus though as nearby there is Cortona (gorgeous, well worth a visit for all the lovely streets and shops) and Perugia and a bit further afield is Sienna and Florence.
Do not have a bad word to say about this place - amazing week and a fantastic wedding day, you have to go there!!

• Liked — Everything!
  • Disliked — Couldn't fault it.
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank ReviewerAberdeen
Dublin
Reviewed September 24, 2008

My, oh, my - what can I say about this place. We tied the knot here in April (2008), and it was the most stunningly perfect experience - and honest-to-goodness fairytale.

You know when you're young, and you dream of a big white church wedding with hundreds of friends and family around you and a dress a bit like the one the good witch wore in the wizard of Oz?
Well, it was nothing like that (thank goodness)!

Instead, we had a tiny, intimate party of 28 people (including my husband and I), with nearly everyone spending the week on-site with us in the villa - only nipping out to pick up some ultra cheap prosecco and strawberries in the supermarket down the road, or for wedding preperations in Cortona.

It felt like a week-long family party (which I guess it was), with plans for heading out to dinner inevitably falling by the wayside in favour of nightly barbeques or big buffet meals in the huge communal kitchen in the main house,with the night always ending in someone getting there guitar out, and someone else getting a deck of cards. I know that's more of a reflection on our families, rather than the Villa, but it's just an example of the sort of buzz we would have missed out on if we HADN'T been staying there - it's hard for the day to end in a 28 person sing-song if you're all split up into different hotel rooms, for example, and have to keep it down for the guests!

If you ever go to the Villa, you'll see why we were so reluctant to leave - it's so stunning and charming, not like anything we could have found in Ireland. And having the whole place to ourselves for the week, along with the stunning grounds and a gorgeous, sparkly blue swimming pool kind of let us play make-believe for a week - "Oh yes, this is OUR villa now, darlings, shall we crack open more bubbly and recline by the pool again"?

We took a bit of a gamble by not visiting before the wedding trip (you can get away with that, as the Villa's owner Marco acts as wedding planner helps sort out all the little bits and pieces that would usually have you up-the-walls with panic in the run up to the wedding) and I must admit I'd be lying if I said I wasn't slightly nervous that we'd show up at the Villa and discover our picturesque, hilltop fantasy was more of a run-down shambles - but lucky that was nowhere near the case.

In fact, the pictures on the website (this one and the Villas own website) don't really come near to capturing the beauty of the place itself. Suffice to say my 3 year old niece decided she'd moved into a castle and demanded we call her "Princess" for the week.

We stayed in the Bridal Suite (me and my hubby, not me and my niece) which is really the upstairs part of a converted chapel, and the most luxurious room I have EVER been in! I'm fairly sure the giant walk-in wardrobe would've comfortably housed Imelda Marcos' shoe collection, and still fitted in my luggage too!

The wedding itself went off without a hitch (well, one hitch - as in "we got hitched") and the food fantastic. Plus, there was so much of it - and it kept coming! At one point my brother accused us of being passive agressive and trying to stuff them all to bursting point like that scene in Monty Python's "Meaning of Life". We DID point out that he didn't have to keep eating, but he didn't seem to believe us - muttering something about it being "too delicious" before grabbing a second help of the second first course (I should explain, everyone got TWO starters, TWO first course, TWO main course, Desert, Cake, Tea, Coffee and a tonne of wine - all for about the same, or a bit cheaper, than you'd pay for a typical meal per-head here, but the standard seemed a lot higher too).

I know most of the reason the wedding WAS so stress free was becuase of the Villa Owner/our wedding planner, Marco - who, by the way. is not a bit like "Father of The Bride" had led me to believe! A lot less armflapping and pink swans - a lot more "hop-to-it" problem solving, giant arsenal of resources for everything we might need and VERY fast responses to all our queries. Which was exactly what we needed of course, but couldn't help wishing he'd mince just a little, occasionally. I must say, having seen the giant list of thing he was able to organise for us almost at the click of a button (plus a couple of phone calls, some e-mails and one trip to a solicitor to sort out legal documents thrown in), I think I would've had a nervous breakdown if we'd tried to organisee it all ourselves!

Anyway, sorry, I seem to have gone on longer than I meant to - I'll just finish off by saying that if you're planning a wedding abroad, you could do a LOT worse than booking Villa San Crispolto. It's a total dream come true! Oh, and they rent it out for holidays too - so we're planning a return visit in a few years!

• Liked — Everything - Marco is a gem!
  • Disliked — Leaving it!
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank ashilockie
Kildare
Reviewed September 5, 2008

If you want the most romantic wedding and a venue that just blows your guests away , well Villa San Crispolto is the place.
Myself and my husband got married there last July and the only way to describe it is "Fairytale like".
Its situated in the warm welcoming town of Passignano.
You get a real sense of the italian lifestyle, relaxed, warm and friendly. Just beautiful.
Everything about the location and the villa is perfect. You have got to see it!!!

• Liked — Location and decor
  • Disliked — Nothing.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank rudi5
Fulham
Reviewed July 26, 2008

We got married last month at the villa sancrispolto which is located in beautiful grounds overlooking Lake Trasemeno. The villa is very well equiped with modern amenities but still holds its traditional charm. The villa is decorated to the highest standard and together with the amazing grounds have been very well looked after. The pool area is stunning and has wonderful loungers and gazebos to cover from the sun if needed.

The owner acts as a wedding planner and our wedding was perfect, beyond our expectations. He is the most organised person and pays particular attention to detail. We both never expected to smile as much on the wedding day but we were so relaxed because everything had been done.

My friends and family have said it was the best wedding they had been to, so relaxed, informal but with the right amount of formalities. Even one couple said it was better than their wedding and they are still happily married.

Lots of friends asked if the villa could be hired for a holiday and not a wedding, and you can. We hope to go back for an anniversary and spend more time taking in the views, relaxing by the pool and eating at the villa owner's restaurant which we didn't manage to do but we had many pizzas and pastas delivered to the villa. The owner can even arrange for the most superb traditional caterer to cook for the guests at the villa. We tried this, and it was worth every penny.

We wouldn't hesitate to recommend this villa and just wish we could do it all over again.

• Liked — Its original charm and beautiful views
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with friends
2 Thank Fulhamfc05
Belfast
Reviewed February 17, 2008

As we got married at Villa San Crispolto, I have written the review from that perspective. However, I would have no hestitation in recommending the Villa for a holiday destination, and would certainly hope to return for a vacation in the near future.

At the beginning of our search for a wedding venue in Italy, we came across the Romantic Italian Weddings website, but it seemed too good to be true, especially given it was one of the first websites we found. But no matter how many other websites we looked at, we kept coming back to this one.
Having read the testimonials, and seeing the stunning pictures we made the decision to have our wedding at Villa San Crispolto, and we never once looked back.
With 9 months to go to the wedding, I expected alot of stress, but I have to say that the 8-step guide, along with Marco's utmost professionalism made it a joy to plan the wedding. Marco took care of everything and answered any questions in a prompt fashion.
After 9 months of planning, we finally arrived in Passignano for the wedding itself. I knew that the Villa looked lovely from the photos on the website, but seeing it in person when we arrived, far exceeded any expectations. From the intricate detail with which Marco had furnished and decorated the villa itself, to the amazing panoramic views from the grounds, everything about it was simply stunning!
As for the wedding itself, everyone had the most amazing day. The suppliers were nothing short of fantastic, everyone was extremely professional.
The entire day went exactly as planned, and even the sun came out, contrary to what was forecast! Friends and family are still talking about their week at San Crispolto, and a special thanks to Marco for organising a meal for us in Passignano, as well as the wine-tasting at the Villa. And a particular thanks for the lovely gift, it has pride of place in our home, to remind us of our special week at San Crispolto.

Although our wedding in San Crispolto has come and gone, we have many fond memories of our time there, and we certainly hope to return for a holiday at the villa, in the not too distant future.

• Liked — The stunning views, beautiful decor, and more than helpful owners
  • Disliked — Absolutely nothing!
  • Stayed October 2007
#1 of 24 in Cortona
I Capricci di Merion
I Capricci di Merion
#1 of 5 in Tuoro sul Trasimeno

Been to Villa San Crispolto? Share your experiences!