“Belissimo!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Passignano Sul Trasimeno
Villa San Crispolto
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Where do we start? A beautiful villa (inside and out) in a truly stunning setting is the recipe for an amazing and memorable wedding!

But our week at Villa San Crispolto was so much more and is testament to the hard work that Marco and Monica provide, and to all couples - week in week out! Attention to detail is clearly paramount within their work and in every area we were truly delighted. So many of our guests fell in love with the villa and have treasured memories of their Italian adventure.

We also wish to extend our heartfelt thanks to the following people, to Monica for her warmth, enthusiasm and efficiency, Alexandra for her warm and moving delivery as wedding celebrant, Chef Luciano for his dazzlingly delicious wedding banquet (the lobster ravioli is still being discussed) Jules for stunning photos that we will treasure forever, Monia for making me feel like a princess for a day, Mario and Federico for the beautiful flowers that complimented our bridesmaid dresses just perfectly, Chef Renata for her delicious BBQ meal and Alex for keeping the party going!!

For any who remain unmentioned, many many thanks for your contribution in making our day, and our week so special. We cannot recommend Romantic Italian Weddings highly enough. We have fallen in love with Italy and plan to be back very soon.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Natk100

Reviewed August 13, 2013

Trying to write a review on the best week of your life sounds like an easy task but writing it is quite different. There is so much I want to say about Villa San Crispolto, Marco, his team and suppliers.

The Villa is a truly magical and unforgettable place. I was honestly sad to leave but I feel so lucky to be able to look back at such a wonderful week and wedding day. If anyone has any reservations about planning a wedding abroad all I can say is do it, do it, do it! And make sure it is here under the guidance, support and planning of Marco!

The villa, its gardens and pool is outstanding. They are immaculately kept and when I was there I felt like I was sitting inside the pictures that I’d been staring at for the 6 months we’d been planning the wedding. I could not get bored of looking or walking round the villa. Staring out onto the lake from the terrace and relaxing by the pool with my family and friends. Our guests said it was the best wedding venue they had ever been to.

We visited the villa in February 2013 and married July 2013. Marco was able to facilitate all our legal and catholic paperwork in this time. Marco and his team are honestly faultless. They have thought and experienced everything, so no task is too big or too small for them to take on. All correspondence we had was always answered the same day and if I was waiting on supplier/hotel/travel responses, they would always chase them too.

Marco and Monica were a joy to meet. They are two of the most genuine, attentive, interested and thoughtful people I have ever met. They instantly feel like your friends who want to be a part of your day and ensure that it is a success. It doesn’t look like work to them, they are effortlessly organized.

Passignano Sul Trasimeno surprised me! It was busier than I had imagined with plenty to see and do. The lake is very picturesque and the local restaurants and bars are so friendly.

Cortona Cathedral was where we were married and it is one of the most beautiful churches I have been in. Its old architecture, paintings and sheer size is overwhelming. I am so lucky so have been married there

Renata was our caterer for the wedding day, she also catered our welcome BBQ and breakfast the day after the wedding. The food was delicious, the catering service was amazing and our guests said it was the best wedding food they’d ever had.

Pots & Pans created the most beautiful and tasty 4 tier sponge and fruit wedding cake. The quality of the cake was outstanding and I wish I could have personally met and thanked the talented ladies who made it.

Christina was our florist and she created the most beautiful flower arrangements. In our correspondence before I arrived she was given pictures of our colours and general style. She went beyond my expectations and everything was beautiful.

Milo was my hairdresser and I cannot recommend him enough! He is one of the kindest, interested and talented man I have ever met. He is a complete perfectionist and even got involved in my makeup look. I gave Milo a picture of what I wanted and he created something better. He also did our mothers and bridesmaids and all of us left feeling and looking sensational.

Marianna was the makeup artist and she made us all look and feel flawless. She was very attentive and knew what would look better than we knew ourselves. Milo and Mariana worked together so well and I would love to see them again. Milo works for a few days once a month in London, I think maybe I will see him again :)

Jules Bowen was our photographer and he was the person I was most relaxed about working with. During the planning process I looked through all the suppliers Marco recommended and when I saw Jules’ portfolio I knew he was the one. His work is amazing and he created the most beautiful photos for us. Even though I was quite difficult to work with as I don’t like to pose for photos Jules worked around my own awkwardness and produced photos that I will treasure for the rest of my life. I can’t stop looking at them and he captured the day brilliantly.

Kamil was our videographer and he is such a lovely man. So patient and so ready for everything. He blended into the wedding day so well. Jules and Kamil had also worked together preciously so it is comforting to see such competent and relaxed working relationships.

Alex was our DJ and another lovely man to meet. He was full of ideas and enthusiasm for the evening and kept people on the dance floor all night.

I am so sad that our wedding week at the villa is over. I look back and can’t believe how wonderful and perfect it was. How nothing went wrong and how there is not one thing I would change. The villa, Marco and his team have a very special place in our hearts and we are already discussing how and when we will go back.

1  Thank SSD1983
Reviewed July 30, 2013

It is with great pleasure and heartfelt appreciation that we write this review to thank Marco and his team for a most outstanding wedding celebration.

We are so grateful for Marco's expert orchestration of our wedding day. He and his team answered our calls and emails so promptly and translated our vision with such style and elegance. All was handled beautifully and professionally.

Every detail from the absolutely stunning venue to the seamless organization provided by Marco and Monica exceeded not only our expectations but also that of our guests. Having our wedding at villa San Crispolto made a wonderful milestone in our lives even more special, helping create wonderful memories for our friends and family. We sincerely thank Marco and Monica for their kindness, friendliness and extraordinary expertise. We were particularly touched by Marco's kind gestures such as personally coming to the villa to say goodbye. We left with a heavy heart but could rejoice in knowing we were also taking with us beautiful memories that will forever remain. We hope to somehow keep in touch and each July 3rd, we will remember you fondly.

Thank you again for the event of a lifetime.

1  Thank Gen030713
Reviewed July 28, 2013

It is difficult to start write a review - it is really difficult to find the perfect words for the perfect wedding...

For us it is very important to write this review to make sure that Marco and his team receive justice for the perfection that we experienced not only on our wedding day but for the duration of our stay.

When Lars and I were deciding where to get married we spent a great deal of time looking at many different sites and locations. Then we happened upon Romantic Italian Weddings and we are so thankful for that. We would not have changed a thing and had we done it again we would have done the same all over again.

I feel that the only way to describe Marco is to say that he is a beautiful and energetic person. He is extremely efficient and it is amazing to observe him work. He and Monica will always hold a very special place within our hearts for the help and guidance that they provided towards the organisation of our wedding day. It very clear to us that both Marco and Monica is driven by the love and devotion they hold for their work. Everything that Marco does, the team that he chooses to work with, the suppliers that he recommends and ultimate service that is provided all leads to everything within his control being just as you wish...In our opinion, exceeding expectations!

A few key word for the suppliers are that all of them are extremely customer focused, flexible and really wants to meet/go above your expectations. It is so fulfilling to work with suppliers that really want what is best for you and that goes all the way to ensure that you are satisfied.
The suppliers which in our case where:

Mario - florist: Excellent customer service by e-mail prior to the wedding. He delivered beyond expectations. The town hall of Cortona was so fantastic decorated by his flowers. I loved my bridal bouquet - I brought it with me all the way to Norway... I would not have changed a thing... Thank you.

Monia - hairdresser & Make-up: Thank you for an excellent service making me feel like a princess. Thank you also for helping with the wedding dress in a bit of stressful situation prior to leaving for Cortona.

Mateo - transport: Fantastic drivers and good comfort in his buses.

DJ Alex: Played our songs extremely well during the evening.

Wine tasting by Aleksandra: Flexible and extremely customer focused. He had excellent knowledge, great food and fantastic wines to taste. Can highly recommend this!

Guiliano food - No words can describe how the food was. Our quests where extremely satisfied.
Thank you!

The planning of our stay at Villa San Crispolto (including all the practicalities), wedding ceremony in Cortona, was made simple and stress free with the help of the 8 Step Tool. Oh how this made life so much easier! With the help of this excellent portal we knew exactly where we were with the planning and could discuss each section as we went along. If we wanted to make an amendment, not a problem, an email through this tool was all it took. It definitely saved us endless lists of details that are normally associated with weddings and holidays!
We went down to meet with Maco in November 2012 prior to our wedding in July 2013. We got to see the villa, plan where our quests should stay etc.
But when we arrived in Villa San Crispolto in July 2013 - NO WORDS can describe how fantastic that Villa and its soundings are. You have to experience it to believe it.
Our stay at Villa San Crispolto started with a meeting with Marco and Monica to go through all the details of our wedding.
During our meeting, Lars myself, Monica and Marco went through all of the requests that had been made. Marco even went as far as to contact all of the suppliers while we were with him to provide the added assurance that not only did he have the details on paper, but the suppliers were on board and our requests were being met. It was even more lovely that our caterer Guiliano came to see us to discuss the menu. This also gave us an opportunity to arrange alternative meals for those with allergies decide on a design for the wedding cake and finalize the seating plans.....

Our wedding day - it started so perfect with relaxing at the pool with our friends and family. At 12 Monia arrived to do my hair and make-up. She did an amazing job, both with me and the rest of the girls in the party.
Mario delivered the flowers during my preparations and the flowers where so beautiful.

When I was almost ready, it started to rain, and a thunder storm arrived. 10 days in Italy and on our wedding day suddenly this weather... Typically I thought, and god a bit stressed I have to admit. But Marco coordinated and made the major of Cortona wait until we arrived (20 minutes late because of heavy rain in the roads...).

The ceremony in Cortona town hall can not be described with words. Even though I was a bit stressed due to the weather, I really enjoyed the ceremony.
Marco translating for us, the mayor of Cortona conducting the ceremony, the trio playing in the back ground and being surrounding by those that meant most to us, the special touch that was added when I was handed 7 of the most stunning roses and Paul was handed a ‘fancy’ copy of our wedding certificate, all I can say is that gratitude will be in the memory of our hearts.

Our Photographer Domenico was wiith us for 8 hours and barely noticed that he was there. He was quick, efficient and easy to work with. He talked English very well and hopefully the pictures will turn our great (to be received 5th of August). I would recommend everybody to talk to the photographer before the wedding so that you are aligned with expectations.

Our transportation services (transporting the bride and groom) were excellent. Good driver, English speaking and extremely service oriented.

The reception, dinner, the party (ohhh - what a fantastic party it was...) I have NO words. The only thing I can say is that I would recommend everybody that thinks about getting married in Villa San Crispolto - do not hesitatet - DO IT... You will have the time of your life and you will never ever regret it...

So to finish this review - everyone who we came into contact with through the assistance of Marco, performed to an exceptional standard. Staying at Villa San Crispolto was one of the most pleasurable experiences of our lives, and in a way ourselves, along with everyone who shared our time there left a part of themselves behind.
When we first met Marco in November 2012 - he told us that you have to FIX the LOVE and he will fix ALL the practicalities" And HE certainly did. Would we go back and do it all again......?....Without a shadow of a doubt. WE WILL BE BACK for Our 5th Anniversary

Marco and Monica -thank you very much for making our dreams come true. . Its a week, a wedding, a atmosphere, we will never forget, we are truly truly grateful.
We hope we will see you again soon and we wish you all the best for your business!

1  Thank Therese S
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Planning your wedding is a daunting activity in itself let alone doing it overseas, however our wedding day was perfect thanks to the high level of professionalism and excellent communication delivered by Marco and his Team at Villa San Crispolto. From the moment we made contact 18months ago to the moment we danced our last song on the dance floor of the marquee everything went perfectly smooth. I cannot find the words to describe just how wonderful the entire process was. All major and minor details were taken care of, collaboration between all stake holders was seamless and no request was ever "too much to ask for".

Villa San Crispolto is an amazing residence on magical grounds. All rooms are comfortable, clean and spacious. Our wedding day went off without a hitch, everyone looked amazing and there was a real buzz in the air. I truly believe that this would not have been achieved if it had not been for Marco and Monica's attention to detail and outstanding communication. Adam and I have not been able to stop looking at our beautiful wedding pictures and video. This experience has provided us with a life time of beautiful memories which we were so happy to share with our immediate family and friends.

From the bottom of our hearts Thank You for helping us create the wedding of our dreams.

Kind regards,

Victoria & Adam Vartuli.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Victoria2085
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Its taken me so long to get to writing this but finally im here! I just want to say our wedding was a dream come true. Everything was perfect, we could not have asked for anything more.

Arriving at the villa was a great surprise, it was utterly amazing. As we hadn't visited the villa before hand and only went with what we had seen on the internet, we weren't sure what to expect but all i can say is it was beyond what we would ever have imagined. The view was out of this world especially on a lovely sunny day (of which we had lots!!). There was nothing we could have faulted about the accommodation and i would definitely recommend staying in the wedding suite for the full week. Every morning i woke up i felt like a princess!!

The planning and detail for our wedding was unbelievable, i don't think i have ever met a more organised person than Marco!! It made us feel relaxed and at ease and left us with no doubt whatsoever that our wedding day was going to go smoothly and be exactly what we wanted.

That leads me on to the big day itself...........what can i say, there are no words to describe how amazing that day was. Waking up in the wedding suite with my bridesmaids, the sun shining, cracking open the prosecco, giggles and gossip and relaxing with my family was a lovely way to start the day. Nothing was too much bother for everyone who came along. Nello arrived with a bottle of prosecco for us all to enjoy which was a lovely thing for him to do and then he worked his magic on our hair.............everyone was over the moon with their hair and make-up and im so glad i spent that little bit extra to have them come to the villa rather than us go to the salon.

Mark (riff raff photography) then arrived with Kamil and the photos and videos started!! They were both great to work with and although im not too keen about getting my photo taken, Mark made us feel very relaxed and created magic with his lenses!! I would highly recommend Mark, i know his prices are a little bit more expensive than the Italiy based photographers but believe me he is so worth the money. Plus having a photographer who speaks English makes life so much easier as you know exactly what he is asking you to do. I met up with Mark on the 2nd day of arriving in Italy to dicuss what we wanted and nothing was too much hassle. I wanted hay bales, flowers and lots of colour, sunsets and Italian Cafes and Mark did not disappopint. He went off that afternoon and found everything i wanted. Also as well as the wedding album you will also be given the dvd with ALL your photos from the day with full rights to do whatever you want with them. We had 405 photos from the day and the thought of only being able to choose 80 of them and losing the rest would have been devastating. We initially decided not to go with a video, but im so so happy we changed our mind and went with Kamil. Although the final video only lasts around 6 minutes, it shows clips from the whole day and is presented so well that i have watched it over and over again!!

Arriving in the square with my dad to everyone clapping and the bag pipes playing is a memory i will never forget. The ceremony was beautiful............i loved the fact it was all in Italian (but also the fact that Marco was there to translate it all). After all the photos we then headed back to the villa for canapes and prosecco by the pool......wow this looked fab!! It was so nice to be able to relax and chat by the pool with our family and friends before sitting down for our meal and speeches. Well and what can i say about the meal.......it was absolutely delicious!! My mouths watering just thinking about it!! The wedding cake was even better, i have no idea how many pieces of wedding cake i had but it was quite a few!!! Oh and the desert wine is delicious!! Im not usually a fan of desert wine but i loved this one!

Then it was party time with DJ Alex. He was amazing with every song we could possibly imagine. I had also downloaded some music on to my ipad (Scottish dancing, The Proclaimers, Runrig etc) which he was more than happy to play. What a night..........we had so much fun!! I was slightly worried that there were only 24 of us and we had a DJ and disco lights but actually this is what made the evening so special. We were able to spend time with ALL of our guests; we laughed, danced, drank and had one of the most amazing nights of our life!! We went with the free bar option and again this was a great decision as it meant our guests could drink as much or as little as they wanted and no one had to worry about the money or that we would run out!!

Any request we had DJ Alex was more than happy to oblige! At one point in the evening my bridesmaid was up there with him, with the ear phones and everything on!! I honestly can’t put in to words how fabulous the night was…………….we ended up in the pool as the music came to an end, clothes on and all!! What a way to end the night!!

The whole week at San Crispolto was one of the most unforegettable weeks of my life and will never be forgotten by either me, my husband or all our guests. From the first moment we arrived, to sitting at the large family table outside eating, drinking and talking until the small hours, to lying by the pool with all the family, to the lovely meal the night before to the wedding day itself............i can go on and on. What i will say though is if i could do it all again i would in a flash and do you know what? I wouldn't change a single thing because it was the most amazing, special, unforgettable day i will ever have.

I read the review from the gentleman complaining about the hidden costs etc. Please be assured there are NO hidden costs. The bride and groom are made well aware of all costs before any bookings are made............yes you need to pay for linen, towels etc but thats all included in the total bill. As for the electricity charges at the end of the week.........i have no idea how it could possibly costs 70 euro per couple, im sure our bill worked out about 10 euro per couple. As for guests needing a car to go anywhere......yes you do need a car but if you actually spend any time reading the website its very clear that the villa is situated at the top of a hill and so far from the centre of town. But thats the beauty of it..........its secluded and private and quiet with views to die for. I couldn't recommend Romantic Italian Weddings and Villa San Crispolto enough. If your looking for a hassle free, laid back, relaxed and amazing unforgettable wedding then this is the place for you.

Room Tip: Brides and grooms if you can then pay the extra and stay in the wedding suite for the whole week...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Claire M
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We recently stayed at Villa San Crispolto for my daughter’s wedding. If you are interested in a Tuscany/Umbria destination wedding you cannot go wrong using Romantic Italian Weddings, it's owner Marco, and his staff led by the beautiful and efficient Monica. The villa is simply spectacular. We thought it would be lovely from the website, but it was actually more stunning in person! The views of Lake Trasimeno are amazing. At the pool, there is a 180 degree view. Many of the rooms have views out of the windows and finally there are patio tables & chairs where you can sit outside and enjoy the lake view. The rooms inside the villa are also very nice. Although rustic in design, they are very modern with each having its own flat screen television and plenty of electrical outlets. The bathrooms are roomy and all have showers. The wedding suite is spectacular and an excellent place for the bridal party to get dressed the day of the ceremony. The kitchen, with its large table, quickly became the place where everyone would congregate. It is furnished with everything you could ever want - modern appliances, a plentiful supply of dishes and glasses and a full suite of pots and pans. Originally, we could not get the coffee maker to work, but Marco provides a phone to contact his staff, and like all other requests this one was answered quickly and a new coffee maker was delivered. The grounds around the villa are very well manicured with an abundance of flowers and olive trees on the property.

The wedding was in early April and Spring was late to arrive this year so the weather was colder than normal. Thus, we were unable to use many of the outdoor facilities (pools, picnic tables, grill, etc.) or enjoy any activities at the nearby lake, but still our week was spectacular. If blessed with good weather, I can't imagine any better place to stay for a week. With nice weather, you could easily spend a week just at the villa or enjoying activities on nearby Lake Trasimeno. However, the villa is also a convenient base for touring Tuscany and Umbria. Many hilltop towns, including Assisi, Siena, Perugia, Montepulciano, Orvieto and Montalcino are within an hour's drive from the villa and the roads are modern and easy to navigate. You could also drive to Florence, but I would recommend taking the train from nearby Cortona Terontola to avoid driving and parking in Florence. The train takes a little over an hour and costs approximately 10 euros each way and drops you off just a short distance from the main tourist attractions.

Marco, and his team, not only do a terrific job operating the villa, but they also provide excelling wedding planning services. Their 8 step approach helps take the stress out of making wedding decisions. You can completely trust Marco's recommended suppliers some of which I will discuss in more detail below.

The night of our arrival, we ordered pizza from Marco's Ciao Ciao restaurant. Having pizza was a relaxing and casual way to start the week, especially for many of our visitors that had travelled a long distance that day from the United States. There are supermarkets nearby in town to get food/supplies for the villa, however, we could not find ice at the local supermarket so Ciao Ciao was kind enough to also deliver ice to us.

The next evening, we used one of Marco's recommended catering services (Renata) to provide Easter dinner at the villa. Dinner included several pasta dishes and mixed meat selections for the main course. It was all very good and there were still leftovers for the following day.

The day before the wedding Marco conducts a wedding rehearsal. Our daughter got married in the town hall of Cortona. Marco led all of the wedding party on the beautiful drive to Cortona and went through step by step what would happen at the ceremony and let everyone rehearse what they would be doing the following day. Our daughter chose Mario and his son Federico to provide the flowers so we were able to stop by their shop, located on the square in front of the town hall, and meet them the day before the wedding. The flowers they provided were just what my daughter wanted and were quite beautiful.

On the wedding day everything went off perfectly. The lovely Monica was at the villa during the day to oversee everything that was happening at the villa with the reception. Normally, appetizers are served by pool if the weather is nice, but due to the cold weather we moved this part of the reception to the chapel beneath the wedding suite and it worked out nicely. Marco took charge of the ceremony, even translating for the Cortona town hall official who provided the wedding services. It is an especially nice touch that the city of Cortona provides the bride with a beautiful bouquet of roses and a bottle of champagne and glasses to toast the newlyweds.

All the wedding suppliers were amazing. As previously mentioned Mario did the flowers and they were exactly like the photo's my daughter sent him.

Nello's shop, Tenvenza Moda Capelli, provided all the makeup and hair services for the bridal party and others and everyone loved their work.

The photographer was Jules. I highly recommend that anyone thinking about a wedding in Italy take a look at the quality of his work. Everyone that sees the pictures of our daughter's wedding says they should be in a wedding magazine. The video services were provided by Kamil. The video captured the day succinctly and the cost of his services is very reasonable.

Massimo at Autonoleggio IL Girasole provided the wedding car and the bus to take our guests to and from the ceremony in Cortona. Massimo also provided coach service for many of our guests from Rome airport to the villa with a stop in Orvieto along the way. Additionally, he supplied two 9 person vans and a car for our stay. Finally, Massimo personally drove my family back to the Rome airport in one of the vans we had rented. I would highly recommend using Massimo for your transport/car services when staying at the villa.

My daughter also booked the string trio provided by Musicians Bay to provide music at the ceremony and during appetizers. The music was lovely.

Appetizers and dinner were provided by Luciano. The appetizers were absolutely beautiful and spectacularly arranged. The dinner menu was: 1st: Mozzarella and tomatoes; 2nd: Prosciutto and cheese crepes with black norcia truffles (excellent); 3rd: Ricotta and spinach ravioli with rocket and parmigiano (also excellent) 4th: Filet of beef with a sauce of brunello di montalcino wine with Spinach sautéed with butter and parmigiano and potatoes (only minor disappointment of the day as beef was a bit overcooked which was surprising as we had dinner in town at their restaurant and there the beef was excellent) 5th: The traditional Italian wedding which is a cake made from layers of light filo pastry, and it has a layer of chocolate cream and a layer of vanilla cream and seasonal fruit (again excellent). My daughter actually removed one course from their recommended menu and everyone was still very full.

The DJ was Alex. He did a spectacular job - dancing was nonstop from the end of dinner to the closing of the reception. I might recommend skipping the fog machine that he provides as it blurs some of the photos, however, it was a huge hit with all the guests!

I also would recommend ignoring Mr. Aviation's comments. Our utility bill for the week, when it was quite cold, was $225 euros or about $10 euros per person.

I certainly hope we can visit Villa San Crispolto again someday. It was a spectacular place and our daughter's wedding day could not have been any more beautiful.

We cannot thank Marco and his team enough for providing such a special day for our family and friends.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family