“Perfect Italian Dream Wedding Villa!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Passignano Sul Trasimeno
Villa San Crispolto
Houston, Texas
“Perfect Italian Dream Wedding Villa!!”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I knew at a very young age that I wanted to get married in Italy. I was fascinated with the history, culture, food and people. Villa San Crispolto and Romantic Italian Weddings (Marco) did not disappoint. Marco pays attention to every important detail and makes sure the big day goes as smoothly as possible. All of the vendors that he recommended did such a wonderful job.

We were so sad to leave the villa and the Italian way of life. Marco and Monica became our friends and we would love to stay in touch with them. Our families are all discussing returning very soon to Villa San Crispolto! Great memories of history, romance and great Italian food and wine!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank cvhenry

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
New York City, New York
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Look no further than Villa San Crispolto and the wonderful Marco for every single step to plan the most perfect, beautiful wedding. We rented the entire villa of San Crispolto for our friends and family including the honeymoon suite and the lower villa rooms at the end of August. Let me assure you everything was perfect and heavenly!
First, Marco has set up an online system that is flawless. It addresses every single detail regarding your perfect day. This includes the music, food, decorations, photographer, minister, everything. It is easy and utterly fantastic.
The villa is so beautifully decorated and gorgeous in every nook and cranny. The kitchen is large enough for a group and has everything needed to cook big, communal meals. Just take a look at the multitude of pictures here. It is 1000 percent better than the photos could ever describe.
Having the pool on property was fantastic for hot days (which was every day!) and was perfect to keep the kids busy.
Our wedding favors were ordered through the villa which all the guests loved. And the food.... unbelievably delicious. Just fantastic. We catered two meals, one on Tuesday night for the entire group which we ate on the terrace overlooking the lake and the wedding meal. Both we just divine. You cannot go wrong using Marco's recommendations for catering. One word of caution though...make sure you let the caterers know you would like the leftovers! We did not do this for our wedding meal and we were disappointed to learn that the caterers had taken all the leftovers with them. That's how good the food was!
We also planned through Marco a wine tour of the region for our guests. That was also so well done and everyone had a fantastic day.
We plan on returning to San Crispolto for our 10 year anniversary to renew our wedding vows.
Do not hesitate to book here for your perfect day.

Room Tip: Make sure to rent the Honeymoon Suite over the chapel for privacy and quiet for the wedding couple.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Krugsters
Belturbet, Ireland
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I was fortunte to have attended my sons wedding at Villa San Crispolto. It was the most stunning setting for the week of the wedding. The Villa itself is beautiful internally and externally.The setting high in the hills overlooking Lake Trasimeno is amazing and provides spectacular views. The owner Marco is someone who ensures that everything will go to plan with regards to the overal wedding package. Nothing seems to be to much trouble for him and his assistant Monica. They are both super efficient.This is a place that would amaze anyone with its beauty. As a family we have already started plans to book the villa for a return trip in 2014. Cant wait

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Gerard M
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed October 12, 2012

I recently was lucky enough to have my wedding at Villa San Crispolto. It really is one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen and the view of Lake Trasimeno is simply stunning.

I first visited the Villa in May 2011 and was met by the lovely Monica ( one of Marco's assistants) she showed us around the villa and grounds and was very helpful. Later that day we met up with Marco, who explained everything we would need to know about planning our wedding. From the second we booked our wedding with Romantic Italian weddings it really was simple and stress free. Alexandra ( Marco's wedding co ordinator) was always available to help me make decisions and answer the many questions I sent her by email. I never had to wait more than 24 hours for a reply.

When we arrived for our wedding week on 1st Sep 2012 we were again met by Monica. She always has a smile on her face and was there any time of the day or night to answer our questions during the week. Marco also meets you at the villa on the day of your arrival and goes over all the details of the wedding day so we felt confident everything would run smoothly and could enjoy the next few days leading up to the big day! Our family were blown away when they arrived at the villa. All the rooms are lovely, very rustic, clean and comfortable. All the gardens and swimming pool area are kept beautifully by Marco's uncle. In the main kitchen we were left a welcome pack, with wine, canapes, breakfast cereals, milk, juices, tea and coffee which was great as we all arrived quite late and didn't have to go straight out to the supermarket. Also the local baker stops by every morning around 9am selling fresh bread and pastries, all of course gorgeous!

The day before the wedding Marco conducts a wedding rehearsal. We got married in the town hall of Cortona. Marco took us to Cortona and went through step by step of what would happen during the ceremony. I would recommend you take all your wedding party including bridemaids, bestman, groomsmen and witnesses so everyone know their duties on the day. Marco then accompanied us to finalised all our legal documents in the town hall which was a great help.

Finally the wedding day arrived and everything went without a hitch. The lovely Monica was at the villa during the day to oversee everything that was happening at the villa with the reception and Marco took charge during the ceremony, even translating for the mayor of Cortona town hall who married us.

All the suppliers we used were amazing. I hired Mario to do my flowers. He speaks little english so his son replied to all my emails. Mario did a great job and the flowers were exactly like the photo's I sent him. Nello was my hairdresser. I was a little worried as he was not able to do my hair trial until the day before the wedding but I really didn't need to worry. I had a picture to show him and I was happy with the style on the first try! On the day he arrived at the villa with a bottle of Prosecco which myself and my bridesmaids enjoyed while getting ready. He did a great job putting my 2 bridesmaids hair up and also blow dried my mum's hair. He did my hair last and I was really happy with the end result, which stayed in all day. Our photographer was Domenico, he was very nice and made me feel at ease. He took some lovely natural shots, all I would stay is that maybe I would of liked him to visit us at the villa before the wedding so we could let him know which family and group photo's we wanted. On the day it was a little difficult to arrange this and didn't get all the shots we would of liked. But overall I was happy with photo's he took. We had the wedding videoed by Kamil, who did an amazing job! He visited us at the villa a few days before and described exactly what he aims to achieve. I really love the video he created for us. He captured the whole day and it's only 6 minutes long which is great for showing friends and family who were not able to be there. I would really recommend you use Kamil. Transport was all perfect provided by Massimo and Drive in Style. I would also really recommend you book a string quartet by Musicians Bay. They provided the music for the ceremony and during the aperitifs. I asked them to play 2 songs that were not on there playlist for the ceremony. They advised they could do this and it was just beautiful. All my friends and family commented on how well they played. We used Luciano for a catering. We were very happy with the food and everyone was so full after the 8 courses!!!

It really was one of the best weeks of our lives and something our family and friends can remember forever. Marco and his staff are simply excellent and would recommend to anyone to have your wedding at Villa San Crispolto.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank KPDrew
Warfield, Berkshire
Reviewed August 16, 2012

From the moment we saw Villa San Crispolto on the RIW website it was where we wanted to have our Wedding! We decided not to visit beforehand as the reviews were all so good that we felt confident that it would be just perfect and it certainly was!

The 8-Step Tool made arranging the Wedding so easy and stress free, it made the countdown to the Wedding even more exciting, arranging a new step every few weeks. Huge thanks to Alexandra, you were such a great pleasure to deal with answering our many questions so promptly, you are a real credit to Marco and RIW.

Villa San Crispolto is gorgeous and in the most perfect setting you could ever wish for, with panoramic views of the beautiful Lake Trasimeno. The Wedding Suite was amazing, I don’t think many Bride & Groom’s would experience such an enormous bedroom and the dressing room was huge which was great for storing the Wedding dress, Bridesmaids dresses and Gents suits, what I wouldn’t do to have one of those at home! All the rooms throughout the Villa have been restored so beautifully and tastefully.

We had our rehearsal in Cortona the day before our Wedding it was such a lovely day. As we drove up the hill to Cortona we were totally WOWED it really is the most perfect place to get married and Cortona Town Hall is truly picture postcard. After the rehearsal we met Mario & Federico the florists whose shop is right opposite the Town Hall, they had just arrived back from the market with our flowers and it was such a lovely moment when Mario opened the back of his van and all of the flowers were all lined up for our big day.

Autonoleggio IL Girasole provided the Wedding Cars and Coach to take our guests to Cortona, they provided a great service and Daniela was a pleasure to deal with. We also used them to take our guests back to Rome Airport as travelling by train proved too much for some of our party. I would definately recommend flying to Perugia or Florence, or arranging a coach to transport your guests from Rome. We would also recommend car hire for your stay, Autonoleggio can arrange this for you, there are so many beautiful places to visit and very useful for going to retaurants in the evening.

The Wedding day itself was just perfect the sun was shining for us, which we had so hoped for. Nello & Sara arrived to do the Hair & make-up they also brought along a bottle of Prosecco for us, which was a great way to start the day. My Maid of Honour Jo and I were both thrilled with the final results our hair and make-up lasted all day, I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend them.

We were so thrilled with the flowers, Mario & Frederico did an amazing job, they were so accommodating even making the bouquets slightly smaller for me just before we left for Cortona Town Hall. Out of all the quotes we had Mario and Frederico were the cheapest so I did feel a bit hesitant, but please don’t be they were great and being so close to Cortona Town Hall they even watched the Wedding, which was lovely.

The Wedding service in Cortona Town Hall was so special and it was fantastic having Marco interpret the Ceremony on behalf of Luca Pacchini. The string quartet were wonderful and we loved the Prosecco being served to toast us during the Ceremony, the bouquet I received was absolutely gorgeous.

Simone the Videographer was great and really worked well with my Cousin Glyn and his Wife Ilanit who took our Photographs, showing them the best places in Cortona to capture our big day, we are really excited about receiving our DVD so we can relive our special day all over again, I am sure Simone will have done an excellent job, just like Glyn and Ilanit did with our photos!

On arrival back at Villa San Crispolto it was such a special moment walking up to the pool area and to see all our guests enjoying the wonderful Canapés and listening to the String Quartet.

I was a bit worried having an 8-Course meal for our Reception because of the sheer volume of food, but Marco & Alexandra assured us our guests would love it and they certainly did with many saying it was the best food that they have ever had at a Wedding. The Wedding cake was absolutely delicious, and a huge hit with our guests, all left wanting more! Thank you so much to Enrico and the staff of Luciano’s, the food was totally delicious and when we come back to Passignano we look forward to visiting your restaurant.

Alex the DJ kept our guests well entertained throughout the evening, we didn’t want it to end!

We will definitely visit Villa San Crispolto again someday, we all fell in love with the place and we will cherish the memories of our special day forever.

Once again many Thanks to Marco, Alexandra and Monica for making our dream Wedding come true.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Tinaarena
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 29, 2012

We had seen the pictures and read the reviews, which gave us very high expectations and I am delighted to say that Villa San Crispolto exceeded those expectations.

The Villa, its grounds, gardens, pool and the terrace, offering the beautiful view of Passingnano and Lago Trasimeno are beautiful.

We stayed at the Villa for a week with our 23 wedding guests and I can only describe as perfect for our size of party.

My wife and I arrived on the Saturday afternoon to meet with the wedding planners, prior to our guests arrival.

The meeting, with Monica and Marco, completely re-assured us that everything was in hand for our wedding on Tuesday and that we did not need to worry, we should just enjoy our time with our friends and family.

No sooner had the meeting finished when our guests arrived and all were really impressed with the beautiful surroundings.

After all had dropped their bags and had a quick unpack, we all spent the evening by the pool enjoying the drinks which Marco had arranged to be delivered to the Villa prior to our arrival.

Marco also arranged for Pizza to be delivered from his family's restaurant in Tuoro, so we did not have to worry about cooking or finding a restaurant on our first night.

It was a really great start to the week, which just got better and better.

Due to the Villas location and the heat (everyday was over 30C), walks into/and back from the local town, Passingnano, proved challenging, so although there is a free taxi service from the Villa to Ciao, Ciaos in Tuoro and the taxi is available to bring guests anywhere else, I would recommend hiring a car or two, for a party of our size.

In truth that is the only minor inconvenience that we experienced during the week. Everything else was just as we wanted.

The wedding day was absolutely perfect and we cannot thank Marco, Monica and everyone else, who helped to make it the best day of our lives.

The reception, held at the Villa, started with gorgeous canapes and prosecco by the pool, before we were taken into the marquet, the tables and flowers looked beautiful and the food was excellent.

In the evening the DJ, played songs to get everyone on the dancefloor and the party was well and truly started.

Although we left the guests to it, we knew by the following morning that they had all had a great time.

We spent the rest of the week enjoying the Villa, the area and took day trips to Perugia and Florence.

We had wonderful time, we had fantastic people, our best friends and our family, in a fantastic and beautiful place.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Ross M
Perth, Australia
Reviewed July 11, 2012

We were very fortunate to be invited as guests to our friends Wedding at the Villa San Crispolto. (we travelled from Perth Australia). The view from the large garden balcony across the valley is breathtaking. The swimming pool area is gorgeous and has a lovely little gazebo perfect for canapes and drinks in the afternoon. The villa itself has been restored to the finest detail it is virtually impossible to tell it has been renovated. There is a lovely little nook in the side of the villa facing the garden to sit and sip coffee and read a book. The furnishings are beautiful and plentiful. The food was amazing, Marco who owns and runs the villa has a great group of chefs and staff who provided the most amazing meals but honestly the food at the wedding was to die for, duck, chicken, pasta, mushrooms, vegetables the list could go on and on all cooked to perfection and nothing was to much trouble. My husband and I and all the other guests were amazed by the villa marco and his staff it was an absolute honour and pleasure to be part of this special day at such a special place.

Room Tip: If you are going for a wedding take lots of photos and tissues because i dont know a single person t...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
#1 of 24 in Cortona
Park Hotel Residence Montigeto
Park Hotel Residence Montigeto
#3 of 10 in Passignano Sul Trasimeno

Been to Villa San Crispolto? Share your experiences!