“My Amazing Italian Wedding”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Passignano Sul Trasimeno
Villa San Crispolto
Reviewed October 12, 2012

I recently was lucky enough to have my wedding at Villa San Crispolto. It really is one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen and the view of Lake Trasimeno is simply stunning.

I first visited the Villa in May 2011 and was met by the lovely Monica ( one of Marco's assistants) she showed us around the villa and grounds and was very helpful. Later that day we met up with Marco, who explained everything we would need to know about planning our wedding. From the second we booked our wedding with Romantic Italian weddings it really was simple and stress free. Alexandra ( Marco's wedding co ordinator) was always available to help me make decisions and answer the many questions I sent her by email. I never had to wait more than 24 hours for a reply.

When we arrived for our wedding week on 1st Sep 2012 we were again met by Monica. She always has a smile on her face and was there any time of the day or night to answer our questions during the week. Marco also meets you at the villa on the day of your arrival and goes over all the details of the wedding day so we felt confident everything would run smoothly and could enjoy the next few days leading up to the big day! Our family were blown away when they arrived at the villa. All the rooms are lovely, very rustic, clean and comfortable. All the gardens and swimming pool area are kept beautifully by Marco's uncle. In the main kitchen we were left a welcome pack, with wine, canapes, breakfast cereals, milk, juices, tea and coffee which was great as we all arrived quite late and didn't have to go straight out to the supermarket. Also the local baker stops by every morning around 9am selling fresh bread and pastries, all of course gorgeous!

The day before the wedding Marco conducts a wedding rehearsal. We got married in the town hall of Cortona. Marco took us to Cortona and went through step by step of what would happen during the ceremony. I would recommend you take all your wedding party including bridemaids, bestman, groomsmen and witnesses so everyone know their duties on the day. Marco then accompanied us to finalised all our legal documents in the town hall which was a great help.

Finally the wedding day arrived and everything went without a hitch. The lovely Monica was at the villa during the day to oversee everything that was happening at the villa with the reception and Marco took charge during the ceremony, even translating for the mayor of Cortona town hall who married us.

All the suppliers we used were amazing. I hired Mario to do my flowers. He speaks little english so his son replied to all my emails. Mario did a great job and the flowers were exactly like the photo's I sent him. Nello was my hairdresser. I was a little worried as he was not able to do my hair trial until the day before the wedding but I really didn't need to worry. I had a picture to show him and I was happy with the style on the first try! On the day he arrived at the villa with a bottle of Prosecco which myself and my bridesmaids enjoyed while getting ready. He did a great job putting my 2 bridesmaids hair up and also blow dried my mum's hair. He did my hair last and I was really happy with the end result, which stayed in all day. Our photographer was Domenico, he was very nice and made me feel at ease. He took some lovely natural shots, all I would stay is that maybe I would of liked him to visit us at the villa before the wedding so we could let him know which family and group photo's we wanted. On the day it was a little difficult to arrange this and didn't get all the shots we would of liked. But overall I was happy with photo's he took. We had the wedding videoed by Kamil, who did an amazing job! He visited us at the villa a few days before and described exactly what he aims to achieve. I really love the video he created for us. He captured the whole day and it's only 6 minutes long which is great for showing friends and family who were not able to be there. I would really recommend you use Kamil. Transport was all perfect provided by Massimo and Drive in Style. I would also really recommend you book a string quartet by Musicians Bay. They provided the music for the ceremony and during the aperitifs. I asked them to play 2 songs that were not on there playlist for the ceremony. They advised they could do this and it was just beautiful. All my friends and family commented on how well they played. We used Luciano for a catering. We were very happy with the food and everyone was so full after the 8 courses!!!

It really was one of the best weeks of our lives and something our family and friends can remember forever. Marco and his staff are simply excellent and would recommend to anyone to have your wedding at Villa San Crispolto.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank KPDrew

Reviewed August 16, 2012

From the moment we saw Villa San Crispolto on the RIW website it was where we wanted to have our Wedding! We decided not to visit beforehand as the reviews were all so good that we felt confident that it would be just perfect and it certainly was!

The 8-Step Tool made arranging the Wedding so easy and stress free, it made the countdown to the Wedding even more exciting, arranging a new step every few weeks. Huge thanks to Alexandra, you were such a great pleasure to deal with answering our many questions so promptly, you are a real credit to Marco and RIW.

Villa San Crispolto is gorgeous and in the most perfect setting you could ever wish for, with panoramic views of the beautiful Lake Trasimeno. The Wedding Suite was amazing, I don’t think many Bride & Groom’s would experience such an enormous bedroom and the dressing room was huge which was great for storing the Wedding dress, Bridesmaids dresses and Gents suits, what I wouldn’t do to have one of those at home! All the rooms throughout the Villa have been restored so beautifully and tastefully.

We had our rehearsal in Cortona the day before our Wedding it was such a lovely day. As we drove up the hill to Cortona we were totally WOWED it really is the most perfect place to get married and Cortona Town Hall is truly picture postcard. After the rehearsal we met Mario & Federico the florists whose shop is right opposite the Town Hall, they had just arrived back from the market with our flowers and it was such a lovely moment when Mario opened the back of his van and all of the flowers were all lined up for our big day.

Autonoleggio IL Girasole provided the Wedding Cars and Coach to take our guests to Cortona, they provided a great service and Daniela was a pleasure to deal with. We also used them to take our guests back to Rome Airport as travelling by train proved too much for some of our party. I would definately recommend flying to Perugia or Florence, or arranging a coach to transport your guests from Rome. We would also recommend car hire for your stay, Autonoleggio can arrange this for you, there are so many beautiful places to visit and very useful for going to retaurants in the evening.

The Wedding day itself was just perfect the sun was shining for us, which we had so hoped for. Nello & Sara arrived to do the Hair & make-up they also brought along a bottle of Prosecco for us, which was a great way to start the day. My Maid of Honour Jo and I were both thrilled with the final results our hair and make-up lasted all day, I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend them.

We were so thrilled with the flowers, Mario & Frederico did an amazing job, they were so accommodating even making the bouquets slightly smaller for me just before we left for Cortona Town Hall. Out of all the quotes we had Mario and Frederico were the cheapest so I did feel a bit hesitant, but please don’t be they were great and being so close to Cortona Town Hall they even watched the Wedding, which was lovely.

The Wedding service in Cortona Town Hall was so special and it was fantastic having Marco interpret the Ceremony on behalf of Luca Pacchini. The string quartet were wonderful and we loved the Prosecco being served to toast us during the Ceremony, the bouquet I received was absolutely gorgeous.

Simone the Videographer was great and really worked well with my Cousin Glyn and his Wife Ilanit who took our Photographs, showing them the best places in Cortona to capture our big day, we are really excited about receiving our DVD so we can relive our special day all over again, I am sure Simone will have done an excellent job, just like Glyn and Ilanit did with our photos!

On arrival back at Villa San Crispolto it was such a special moment walking up to the pool area and to see all our guests enjoying the wonderful Canapés and listening to the String Quartet.

I was a bit worried having an 8-Course meal for our Reception because of the sheer volume of food, but Marco & Alexandra assured us our guests would love it and they certainly did with many saying it was the best food that they have ever had at a Wedding. The Wedding cake was absolutely delicious, and a huge hit with our guests, all left wanting more! Thank you so much to Enrico and the staff of Luciano’s, the food was totally delicious and when we come back to Passignano we look forward to visiting your restaurant.

Alex the DJ kept our guests well entertained throughout the evening, we didn’t want it to end!

We will definitely visit Villa San Crispolto again someday, we all fell in love with the place and we will cherish the memories of our special day forever.

Once again many Thanks to Marco, Alexandra and Monica for making our dream Wedding come true.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Tinaarena
Reviewed July 29, 2012

We had seen the pictures and read the reviews, which gave us very high expectations and I am delighted to say that Villa San Crispolto exceeded those expectations.

The Villa, its grounds, gardens, pool and the terrace, offering the beautiful view of Passingnano and Lago Trasimeno are beautiful.

We stayed at the Villa for a week with our 23 wedding guests and I can only describe as perfect for our size of party.

My wife and I arrived on the Saturday afternoon to meet with the wedding planners, prior to our guests arrival.

The meeting, with Monica and Marco, completely re-assured us that everything was in hand for our wedding on Tuesday and that we did not need to worry, we should just enjoy our time with our friends and family.

No sooner had the meeting finished when our guests arrived and all were really impressed with the beautiful surroundings.

After all had dropped their bags and had a quick unpack, we all spent the evening by the pool enjoying the drinks which Marco had arranged to be delivered to the Villa prior to our arrival.

Marco also arranged for Pizza to be delivered from his family's restaurant in Tuoro, so we did not have to worry about cooking or finding a restaurant on our first night.

It was a really great start to the week, which just got better and better.

Due to the Villas location and the heat (everyday was over 30C), walks into/and back from the local town, Passingnano, proved challenging, so although there is a free taxi service from the Villa to Ciao, Ciaos in Tuoro and the taxi is available to bring guests anywhere else, I would recommend hiring a car or two, for a party of our size.

In truth that is the only minor inconvenience that we experienced during the week. Everything else was just as we wanted.

The wedding day was absolutely perfect and we cannot thank Marco, Monica and everyone else, who helped to make it the best day of our lives.

The reception, held at the Villa, started with gorgeous canapes and prosecco by the pool, before we were taken into the marquet, the tables and flowers looked beautiful and the food was excellent.

In the evening the DJ, played songs to get everyone on the dancefloor and the party was well and truly started.

Although we left the guests to it, we knew by the following morning that they had all had a great time.

We spent the rest of the week enjoying the Villa, the area and took day trips to Perugia and Florence.

We had wonderful time, we had fantastic people, our best friends and our family, in a fantastic and beautiful place.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Ross M
Reviewed July 11, 2012

We were very fortunate to be invited as guests to our friends Wedding at the Villa San Crispolto. (we travelled from Perth Australia). The view from the large garden balcony across the valley is breathtaking. The swimming pool area is gorgeous and has a lovely little gazebo perfect for canapes and drinks in the afternoon. The villa itself has been restored to the finest detail it is virtually impossible to tell it has been renovated. There is a lovely little nook in the side of the villa facing the garden to sit and sip coffee and read a book. The furnishings are beautiful and plentiful. The food was amazing, Marco who owns and runs the villa has a great group of chefs and staff who provided the most amazing meals but honestly the food at the wedding was to die for, duck, chicken, pasta, mushrooms, vegetables the list could go on and on all cooked to perfection and nothing was to much trouble. My husband and I and all the other guests were amazed by the villa marco and his staff it was an absolute honour and pleasure to be part of this special day at such a special place.

Room Tip: If you are going for a wedding take lots of photos and tissues because i dont know a single person t...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Duc696chic
Reviewed July 3, 2012

We can't begin to explain the experience we had at VSC and with Marco & Monica. It was so personal and amazing. Not only was it the best day (well, week really) of our lives, but so many of our guests said it was like no other wedding they had been to and enjoyed every second.

We viewed the villa back in February 2011, so returning on the 9th June 2012 was so emotional. The flowers and the sunshine made the views and villa even more beautiful. We checked in about half an hour before most of our guests arrived, they were speechless!! We had such a fun first evening to kick off the holiday & ordered pizza from Ciao Ciao. The next day, more and more guests arrived! We had 40 people in total, the overspill from VSC opted for hotels in the town and two villas further up the hill from VSC.

The week was a whirlwind but so exciting. We met Mark (our photographer) prior to the wedding day, as well as Kamil (the videographer) and Alex (the DJ). I also had a hair trial with Monia at her shop, which was fun!
The day before the wedding we had the rehearsal at Cortona town hall. Marco made us all feel very calm and organised!

Our wedding day arrived (so quickly) on Wednesday the 13th of June. Monia arrived at the villa at 7am to get started on the hair. There were 3 blow-dries and 2 hair-ups to perform. All of them looked beautiful. I was so pleased with my hair, Monia did it so well that it stayed in all day & night! (I'm having it done again this Saturday for our English reception, my hair dresser has a lot to live up to!!!!)
The getting ready process was so calm, me, the bridesmaid and the mother of the bride were ready in good time and enjoyed watching the other guests milling around from the wedding suite windows.

The groom was getting ready with the boys further up the hill in Villa dei Cappuccini. Poor Mark & Kamil rushed between the two capturing both our mornings. They were excellent. Mark was so friendly and talked through exactly what he needed from us. Kamil just got on with capturing natural moments, it was like having two friends with us rather then 2 strangers!

The town hall ceremony was so special and intimate, we chose the string trio, the music was beautiful and set the mood for the whole day. We loved coming out on the balcony and walking down the steps with crowds of on-lookers!

When we arrived back at the villa, everything looked amazing, Monica had been working her socks off!! Mario did our flowers, and wow - they looked better then I had imagined. The marquee really comes to life on the wedding day.

Renata was our caterer and the food was out-of-this-world. Our guests couldn't believe how many courses there were, everyone said it was one of the best meals EVER. We want the Italian wedding cake to catch on over here in the UK, it was 1000 x nicer then normal fruit cake. I've been craving it ever since!

I don't know where the time went, but before we knew it Alex had started up the music. All of our guests took to the dance floor until the early hours. He played such a good mix of music and read the room to make sure there were no dance-floor lulls!
We opted for the free bar which our guests loved. I wondered if it would be worth doing, but it definitely was, everyone made the most of it!!

The whole day & evening was perfect, Kamil and Mark managed to capture our memories so well. Many people back in the UK watched Kamil's video and commented how it brought a tear to their eye. We cant recommend him enough. We booked him last minute after our meeting with Marco, and thank god we did - we've watched the video soooo many times.

We have only seen a snapshot of photos from Mark as he is working on the others, but again, we loved his style and the photos he sent over were gorgeous. We would also recommend him to everyone. He made us laugh the whole day! We cant wait to see the rest of the pictures and share them with friends and family.

And finally... Marco & Monica! Wow!
Marco is a genuinely lovely guy, who makes dreams come true. We hadn't met him before we flew out for the wedding, but as soon as we did, we felt we had known him for years. He was friendly, organised, reassuring & excellent at what he does.

Monica was one of the reasons we booked VSC, she showed us round back in February and was so lovely. During the week, she helped us with anything we needed and on the day made sure everything was perfect for when we arrived back from Cortona.

Russ and I felt quite emotional saying goodbye to both Marco & Monica. Passignano will always be such a special place. We hope to return very soon!!

I think I've run out of adjectives to describe the week. But if your reading this, wondering whether to book VSC, or with Romantic Italian Weddings, it will be the best week of your lives.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Megan P
Reviewed May 28, 2012

As you can see from the photos the villa is just stunning, restored beautifully by Marco. Split into mini apartments it also offers the perfect amount of privacy. The pool and BBQ area make the villa a fantastic place to relax and enjoy your stay with all your family and friends.

Along with all of the other couples who have exchanged vows in the stunning Cortona town hall followed by reception at Villa San Crispolto, we can only share with you our fantastic memories.

Marco’s RIW is certainly a well oiled machine! From start to finish we had no problems at all and have only happy memories. The 8 step tool ensures the whole process of planning a wedding in a different country is as easy as it can be, with Marco and his team on hand to answer any questions and help with special requests.

Giuliano was our caterer and we cannot recommend his food highly enough. The entire 8 course menu, including the cake was exquisite. We had a couple of special requests and dietary requirements, all sorted no problem.

Mario (La fioreria di Berti Mario, Cortona) was our florist. Whilst his English is limited, he is assisted by his very helpful son Federico who is a translator, so the whole process was easy and we had the most beautiful flowers. We went out to Tuscany the year before we were married and Mario very kindly managed to get us access to the town hall so we could see the venue. From the moment that you first walk through the piazza in Cortona, we knew the venue was perfect, not to mention unique. Having been to many weddings in the UK, we knew that this was something very special.

The town hall itself is breathtaking and with Marco acting as translator for the official conducting the ceremony, everything ran smoothly. After the vows we walked out down the main steps and through the town for photos. It felt like the whole of the town was joining in with us as we came out into the main square.

We chose the string trio to play at the ceremony and aperitifs by the pool. They were fantastic! The music we wanted was not on their list but this was not a problem, I sent Marco the sheet music who passed it on to the musicians and they played perfectly.

Following the wedding we had plenty of time to enjoy the beautiful Villa San Crispolto and Tuscany.

The day after the wedding was perfect, relaxing at the villa by the pool in the glorious sunshine with everyone after the busy day before.

Following Marco’s recommendation we found a fabulous vineyard. Many boxes of wine were purchased, most of which were intended as presents, however all bottles were consumed before going home!

All aspects of our wedding were simply fantastic. From the baker who visits the villa in the morning, to the sprinklers that came on early one evening soaking us all... Hilarious!!

We didn’t have to worry about a thing; all we had to do was enjoy our wedding day and week with our family and friends. We cannot thank the entire team enough.

Alice and Neil Heatley

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank alice h
Reviewed November 11, 2011

Although it was almost 6 months ago the memories are still fresh in our minds.

You might think that planning an overseas wedding would be an extremely tricky task. We can assure you that if you choose Romantic Italian Weddings that is not the case.

The Romantic Italian Weddings websites ‘8 step tool’ works exceptionally well, it is straightforward and methodical. It really does help to take the stress out of planning practically everything. All of the questions that you can think of will be answered as you progress through the 8 steps.

Marco, Monica and the rest of the team were fantastic throughout. Right from the very early stages of planning to our final day at the Villa.

Every detail was thought of. No question was too much trouble.

VSC was absolutely beautiful. We were completely blown away with it, as were our guests. We opted to have the wedding suite for the week, and were so glad that we did. The suite was out of this world and after showing a few of our guests around, some were even moved to tears by just how lovely it was.

The rest of the villa was also amazing. Every room had been restored beautifully, with enough space to comfortably accommodate all of our guests. Whilst the fixtures and fittings of the villa were in keeping with its age (13th century) all of the facilities were very much of the 21st century. The kitchen especially was fabulous, the recent refurb was to a top specification.

The grounds around the villa were stunning. The grass and flowers were in lovely condition and the views were out of this world. The gardener (Marco’s uncle) took care of the grounds everyday and you could see that he did a great job.

Our wedding day itself was perfect. From beginning to end our day went without a hitch, all thanks to Marco and his team. Marco makes wedding planning look easy, he is professional, organised and consciences. Marcos assistant Monica was equally as important in making our stay and wedding day memorable and stress free. Always on hand if we had any questions.

We would like to mention all of the other people who contributed to making our day unforgettable.

Thank you to Trasimeno Turismo for providing our wedding car and coach to and from the villa. Whilst the Fiat 500 seems to be a very popular choice, we opted for the Fiat 1100 as it was slightly bigger (suiting our 6ft 2” father! ) We are glad that we did, the car was fantastic.

Thank you to Cristina for our beautiful flowers, they were great. After we emailed her with a few pictures that we had found online she created some lovely bouquets and table arrangements just the way we wanted. All of the flowers were perfect.

Our catering was supplied by Giuliano, and WHAT an amazing meal it was. Every course was absolutely delicious. The presentation of the food and attention to detail was fantastic. Our friends and family still talk about it to this day. We would highly recommend you to have Giuliano as your caterer.

Our photographer was Domenico. He was a very nice man, who made you feel at ease whilst he was taking photos. We were extremely happy with the results and the beautiful album which he complied for us. In addition to Domenico, we chose to have the videographer Simone. He was excellent, he captured the whole day brilliantly without us hardly noticing he was there.

Kamil our bar man was excellent. Having a free bar was definitely a good idea and a nice surprise for our guests.

Music was supplied by DJ Alex, after a ten minute meeting and a flick through our ipod it was sorted. Alex quickly picked up on the vibe that we were looking for, and on the night nailed it. He played a great set and was happy to take some requests. The dance floor was jumping all night. Thanks Alex.

We cannot recommend Romantic Italian Weddings enough.
They made not only our wedding day special, but our entire week for both us and all of our friends and family. If you are thinking of getting married in Italy, then you need look no further than here.

Kindest regards

#7 of 10 in Passignano Sul Trasimeno
I Capricci di Merion
I Capricci di Merion
#1 of 5 in Tuoro sul Trasimeno

Been to Villa San Crispolto? Share your experiences!