“The wedding week of our dreams at Villa San Crispolto!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Passignano Sul Trasimeno
Villa San Crispolto
Derry, United Kingdom
“The wedding week of our dreams at Villa San Crispolto!!”
Reviewed October 31, 2011

When Gerard and I spoke of getting married we always knew that we wanted to go to Italy, and when we came across Romantic Italian Weddings we knew that Villa San Crispolto had to be the one for us. From our initial phone call with Marco he had us! Our wedding week at the villa was more than anything we could have hoped for. The villa itself - you will never see anything as breathtaking and its surroundings are so well kept by Italo, a true gentleman. Our wedding day could not have been more perfect and it was all down to Marco and his team. We met with Marco and Monica the day after we arrived who went through the whole day ensuring we had everything we wanted, they left no stone unturned. Monica is such as asset to RIW and it was a pleasure to be able to meet her and work with her. The 8 steps tool made the whole planning process so straight forward and covered every aspect from the ceremony to the disco!

Nello, our hairdresser of choice, came to the villa on the morning exactly on time with a bottle of prosecco for me and my girls. Although he said he did not speak good English, he understood exactly the look we wanted. And the beautiful Sara, also part of his team, done our make up and we couldn’t have been happier with the way we all turned out.

We decided to have our ceremony on the Cathedral of Cortona, such an amazing place. The string trio from Musician’s Bay played beautifully throughout and also accompanied us back at the Villa during the aperitifs; they were a nice touch to our special day. DJ Alex met with us the day before the wedding to establish our taste in music for the reception. He had us dancing all night and was able to provide any special requests. I would definitely recommend Alex, no party would be the same without him.

Paolo and Francesca provided our flowers. They were so helpful and kind throughout our planning, I could not recommend them highly enough. On the morning of our wedding when the flowers arrived I was delighted to see the arrangements.

Our transport needs were met by Trasimeno Turismo. From airport transfers to the hire car to transport for our guests the day of the wedding. Sara corresponded with us throughout our planning and we were always guaranteed a speedy reply to any questions we had, she just made everything so easy for us.

After going through the menus of all the caterers recommended by Marco numerous times, we decided to go with Guiliano, and we were not disappointed - we have never had so much food at a wedding!! We had the chance to try some authentic Italian food where we never would have before. He is so professional and such a gentleman. If you are looking for someone to provide a feast fit for a king then he will not let you down. I can’t forget to mention the wedding cake – I have never tasted anything like it!

I could go on and on talking about the wonderful people we met that week who all had a part to play in our big day, but I have to talk about Marco. Its hard to put into words the type of man that can take a girls dream of her perfect wedding and make it a reality. So caring, always had a smile on his face, and nothing was too much trouble for him. Marco will always have a special place in our hearts, and both Gerard and I hope that some day we will have the pleasure of visiting Italy and seeing him again.

Thank you Marco and all the staff at RIW for an unforgettable week for which we will always be grateful.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank EdeleD

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Leicestershire
Reviewed August 21, 2011

Well, where do I start... We booked our wedding through Romantic Italian Weddings over 12 months ago after visiting Marco to see the villa and talk through the wedding organisation.
Marco installed great confidence in us both with his excellent web based wedding planning (this could not be said for the other Italian based wedding planners we visited) and the villa was beautiful with amazing views. I also found out that someone else at work was just about to get married at Villa Baronchino - Marco's other villa, so this also gave us confidence to go ahead and book.
Wedding planning through Marco and his team was very well organised, I was less stressed than I would have been if I would have tried to arrange my wedding in England.
When we arrived everything lived up to our expectations and more. Words can't express how happy we were with the stay in the villa and the organisation of the wedding. All the organisation was flawless, everything went to plan and the suppliers they recommended did not disappoint.
We also had a family emergency the day after the wedding when we had to visit A&E, however Marco and his team - big thanks to Kamil, supported us through the whole distressing experience and they went the extra mile in helping us in difficult times.
We had 19 people at our wedding and they all said that they had a wonderful experience - the villa was outstanding, the wedding went without a hitch and Tuscany was the perfect backdrop for an experience that will live with us forever.

Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank MichelleK_10
Sheffield, UK
Reviewed August 13, 2011

We would just like to say a huge thank you to Marco and team for everything they have done over the past year. The holiday and our wedding were both better than we ever anticipated. When we decided to get married abroad we looked at all different places until we stumbled upon the Romantic Italian Weddings website. I was a little unsure about booking something online and the fact we wouldn't be able to visit before hand also made us worry. After reading the testimonials and looking at the photos (which, like everybody says, do not do it justice!) we booked it and I have to say it was the best decision we ever made . The whole process was easy and has been cleverly designed to prevent the bride and groom worrying! Like most couples planning their wedding we had a budget and the website clearly shows the cost and gives you different options at different prices so we were able to spend more on the things that mattered and save on things less important to us.

Due to our flight being delayed by 4 hours and getting slightly lost we arrived at the villa in total darkness in the early hours of the morning. Again we would like to thank Marco for how patient he was at this point! When we awoke the next day we all had the greatest surprise opening our curtains and seeing the view for the first time, i knew instantly we had chosen the right place.

Marco and his team are true professionals and it shows. They are passionate about their work and you gave us great advice which made our wedding even better. We would also like to thank Monica for her help, she always had a smile on her face and made us both feel very relaxed.

The wedding went amazingly, better than expected with the only hiccup being that i forgot my flowers when walking down the aisle! The food was beautiful and our guests still say it was the best meal they have ever had! The flowers and the marquee looked gorgeous and the barman and the D.J were lovely and friendly and had great fun with some of my guests learning some Sheffield slang words.

The villa itself is the most amazing place we have ever been. Our group were very mixed in ages, Marco did mention at 24 we were the youngest couple to be married there. I would like to tell anybody thinking of booking Villa San Crispolto that the villa and surrounding areas are amazing what ever age you are! Some guests stayed round the pool, some went out to the local areas and others visited Siena and Florence during their stay. The reason we loved it was because we were able to spend a week with our loved ones relaxing and having fun - a once in a life time experience!

Words cannot explain how grateful we are to Marco and his team for giving us the best week of our lives, our friends all keep telling us it was the best week of their lives, the best holiday, the best food, the best wedding! We only wish we could do it again as it now feels like a distant memory two months on!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 16, 2011

Our week at VSC was simply the most wonderful week of our lives! All of our guests are still talking about it, saying it was the best vacation they have ever been on. The day of arrival went off without a hitch, and we were pleasantly surprised by the delicious food and drinks Monica and Marco had waiting for us when we arrived.

Sunday night we had a BBQ catered by Renata which was absolutely fabulous. Everyone was raving about the food and when we ran out of wine, we called Marco and had more bottles delivered within an hour!

Monday we did the full day wine tour with Andrea Baccheschi of Vini di Toscana. I cannot recommend this enough. For only 80Euro a person we had a nice bus (the driver was also very pleasant) a DELICIOUS lunch at the Santa Giulia vineyard farmhouse, tasted about 12 wines and learned more than we thought possible. Andrea was so knowledgeable and personable that I would recommend this tour even if the wines weren't incredible (which they were!!!)

The day of the wedding beyond our wildest dreams. Monia (Hair & Makeup) was so accomodating and sweet, she even drove my mom and I back to the villa after I ran late with my hair! She is wonderful at what she does and such fun to spend the morning with! Our drivers from Autonoleggio Il Girasole were beyond professional and are also highly recommended.

The Town Hall of Cortona was like something out of a fairy tale and the string quartet made it seem all the more magical. It was such a lovely and intimate ceremony and Jim and I felt so special. I was nervous about going out on the balcony to wave, but it was so much fun! All the locals and tourists were cheering us on and taking pictures.

After doing the photo tour with Stefano, who made us feel so at ease, we headed back to the villa where Renata's team greeted us with prosecco by the pool while the string quartet played and we were blessed with the most beautiful sunset!

The wedding meal by Renata was beyond compare. Everything was amazing. I got some of the boar sauce from the pasta on my dress, but it was totally worth it (My maid of honor got it out!) and the freshly sliced roast leg of pork was out of this world! And the cake....ooooh the cake. SOOOO Amazing, no doubt it was the best cake we have EVER tasted.

The flowers from Mario were much more than I expected!! He quoted us 2 gerber daisy bouquets and 5 gerber daisy centerpieces (which I thought would be small) ...They were HUGE!!! The biggest, most beautiful gerber daisies I have ever seen in my life!

We opted for the open bar and DJ which were both amazing! The bartender was great and the DJ played all the music we wanted and kept everyone dancing until 1:30 when, sadly, the reception had to end.

We cannot recommend Marco and Romantic Italian Weddings enough. It was the best experience of our lives and to say that our wedding week was a dream come true is an understatement. Jim, myself and our guests will never forget our weed at Villa San Crispolto. Thank you, Marco, for making all of our dreams come true!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
Reviewed December 14, 2010

Dear Romantic Italian Wedding,

Our wedding was 3 months ago and it seems like it was yesterday so my head is full of memories. How will we ever forget the fantastic week we had in Villa San Crispolto?

We could never thank you enough for this whole experience... our hearts are still in Italy ! We would not have dreamed for such a perfect wedding and it's all due to you and your team Marco. Our guests are still talking about it... they had been absolutely amazed by the villa, the ceremony, the food, the party, etc. We had the wedding of our dreams and It 's all because of you.

We were a bit concerned at first to not be in the country (we live in Belgium) to deal with all the details but with your 8 Steps Tool , everything was very smooth and stress free. Every single detail were taking care of and any of my requests have been treated quickly. It was a big relief to know everything was under control and that we could trust you to organise our big day.

We visited the Villa 1 year before the wedding and our breath was taken away by the stunning view. The villa was gorgeous, spacious, well equipped , etc. ... Everything was even better than on the website! My wish was to have a ceremony outside and I was already in love with the view and the garden. This was definitely the perfect location for us ! We have been very impressed also by Marco who explained us how we would work together. We loved his professional skills and his happy calm way to speak . Very passionate about the whole wedding process... just like us! Everything was just perfect!

I need to thank Alexandra who dealt with all my emails... bless her! I was a pain with all the questions and requests. It's not always easy to deal with a control freak and she did it with lots of kindness and humour. You, Marco, always there... making sure everything was all right, you were always available for us at anytime of the day and the night. You showed us how professional you were by being so well organised. I have been very impressed of all the preparation you took care about which made my day absolutely prefect. Everything went on plan... I can t believe nothing went wrong ? How is it possible. You are a star Marco! I also need to thank Monica who was also there making sure the bride was happy. Her girly touch was very appreciated and her help on the wedding day also...I had 2 sisters helping me but I felt like I had 3 ! Thanks Monica.

I will try to make sure I do not forget anybody because these people all deserve a very big thank you for the work they have provided:

Hair and make up:Tendenza was my choice at the very first time. All the reviews I read didn't leave me the choice, their experience and their professionalism were on the top. I contacted Nello 6 months before the wedding and he was always happy to answer my emails. Nello made sure everything was under control during the day... I had 7 women and myself to take care of and everything was great ! The ambiance was very relaxed and we even had a glass of champagne to enjoy ourselves . My girls looked gorgeous and I was very happy with my hairdo. I looked “a million dollars...” coming from my husband. Thank you Nello ! :-)
Special thank you also to Sarah who took care of my make up. Sarah is such a nice person and she made me feel very special. My expectations were again more than matched. Exactly what I wanted! Natural and it stayed all night long !

Photograph – Domenico:I can’t believe he took so many pictures without having us looking at him and they all look so great! Domenico has done such good work with us too. We received our pictures a few weeks after the wedding and the result was fantastic. Everybody looking so good and enjoying themselves. Each time I look at them I am back in Italy and I feel very proud and happy. I could never thank you enough for capturing all these nice shots. They will be forever our reminder of the day … thank you.

Video- Simone: We are duet to receive our video very soon. We have been in touch by email with Simone a lot since the wedding so we knew how his progresses were going. Working with Simone was a real pleasure, he was very patient and very nice. He captured the most important moment of our lives and I am sure the film is going to be great. With so many good reviews it can only be! We can't wait to see the result.

Catering Luciano: One word... Incredible ! We met Enrico during the debriefing and he was such a nice person. Dedicated to his work, always helping to have the best choice , very professional. I just love the person for what he is... authentic! He helps us to improve our menu, to choose a matching wine, he even helped me to decorate the marquee. His advice were precious and he was always right ! He made us feel very special... even spoke French with me. We had dinner for my birthday around Luciano's restaurant and this was one of our best meal ever. We used to live on the French boarder and we know very well French cuisine. The meal we had was definitely at the highest level of a great French restaurant ... a must in Passignano. Our guest have been wowed with the food. They can't stop speaking about it. This was the best menu ever... everything was delicious and perfect! Such quality food! Thank you Luciano and Enrico for this fantastic work. I have to say also that the staff working on the wedding day were charming, always asking if everything was ok. We all felt very special !

Flowers – Paolo & Francesca: I have been in contact with Francesca by email prior the wedding and it was very easy to understand each other. Once again I had a very good idea about what I wanted and they were very helpful. It was great to have Paolo there on the wedding day, creating the arrangement and bouquets at the villa . Once again it felt unreal... having someone in person creating your flowers for you! I just told him what I wanted and he made it real for me. It was everything I wanted. The arrangement and the bouquets were gorgeous. Thank you so much for your perfect work.

Music: DJ Alessandro was perfect. A quick chat prior the wedding and he knew what he had to do. We had fun on the dance floor and he was happy to play our bizarre French songs. Thank you Alessandro !

Babysitters: What a great idea to have babysitters at the villa to make sure the little ones are ok and that the mummies are having a good time too. We have a one year old daughter and I could not take care of her myself so we decided to have babysitters. We had 6 children and 4 babies so lots to take care about. Marco found us 3 babysitters who made our evening stress free. They were very nice and took a good care of everybody. Thank you girls!

Transportation: As the wedding was at the villa we had no need to rent a car but we had to organise a coach from Roma airport and from Perugia Airport for both families. Massimo organised their transportation and everything went very smoothly. The drivers were very nice and on time.

Nails: A special thank you to Deborah who saved my day! Quick story... I booked myself an appointment in Passignano and they did a very bad work on my hands. I came back crying.
Of course Marco saved the day and called Deborah who came at the villa the evening before the wedding. I have never been so happy... She was great and she made a very good job!
NB: Do not book an appointment yourself! Ask Marco!

What a life experience! We made a great choice to have our wedding abroad...we will always have this memories in our heart and a part of us in Italy. We are very grateful for this week spent in the Villa where everything was like in heaven. We had the wedding of our dreams and I would not change a thing!

Please, keep making people dreams becoming a reality...

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank RevueNewJersey
Toronto
Reviewed November 16, 2010

We have just returned from Villa San Crispolto and our wedding that was organized by Marco and his team at Romantic Italian Weddings. Right from the time of our booking Marco was so organized and had every detail covered. From the moment we arrived at Villa San Crispolto and met with Monica and Marco we were very impressed with how every little detail had been thought of. The grounds are amazing and the views are breath-taking. Marco confirmed every detail of our wedding day when we arrived and arranged meetings with our caterer and DJ. The food was amazing....thank you Rico and everyone at Luciano's! I didn't have to worry about a thing all week because Marco and Monica had taken care of everything. We had a day that we will never forget and I can't thank Marco and Romantic Italian Weddings enough for making our day so special and giving us memories for a lifetime!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Stirling, Scotland
Reviewed October 26, 2010

Well Marco, where do we begin ? It's been a month now since our wedding and everyone who was with us on that special, special day is still buzzing with excitement about the occasion and the experience. Nobody will forget their time in your beautiful country and more particularly the wonderful place that is Villa San Crispolto.

For Clare and I our wedding was absolutely everything we had hoped it would be - and much, much more. In fact, the word that our guests used most frequently to describe the wedding day itself was 'fairytale'. And that's exactly how we both feel about it, not only at the time, but even more so now when we are back to normality at home in Scotland.

Each of us has our own special memories of the day. For me it all started as I walked through the beautiful narrow streets of Cortona towards the town hall, my jacket off, kilt swinging, baby Nell in my arms in her gorgeous bridesmaid dress and both of us returning the smiles of all the people we saw along the way. I knew then it was going to an amazing day and I will remember that feeling until the day I die. For Clare, it was the moment she arrived in the Square and as she stepped out of Danilo's fantastic car everyone in the Square broke into spontaneous applause - tourists, locals, people having coffee at one of the bars, literally everyone. An utterly magical moment...

None of this would have been possible without your support, organisation and advice. From the start of the process your 'eight steps' tool led us efficiently through the many planning issues that are essential to a well-organized wedding. As I said in my speech at the reception, you made it all so easy for us. However, effective though the tool is, the true strength of your organization really comes into play when we arrived at the villa and met you in person for the first time. Your enthusiasm, diligence and professionalism was immediately apparent. Most importantly, those skills were also matched by your able lieutenant Monica, and by every single one of your recommended suppliers who provided vital services to us - Luciano, Francesco, Stefano, Danilo, Alex and the wonderful classical musicians. Each of them is a true professional who I believe genuinely enjoyed working with us. It was a real pleasure for Clare and I to meet all of them; they gave us total confidence that our wedding was in the best and safest hands, and Marco you are to be congratulated and commended for building such a strong team of clever and nice people.

Finally, I want to say that words cannot adequately describe the utter beauty and tranquility of the Villa San Crispolto. All I can say is that despite your excellent web site, nothing prepares you for the reality of just being there; it is so, so much more wonderful than any photograph can convey - and we took hundreds.

Marco, we are so grateful for everything you did to ensure our wedding was the most exceptional occasion. And we are so pleased to say you are our friend also; we hope to be able to come back to Passignano before too long and see you - Villa San Crispolto will be the most memorable place for us forever.

Our very best wishes to your family; it was great to meet Carlo. Please also give our best to Monica.

Speak soon, Clare & Bob

#1 of 5 in Tuoro sul Trasimeno
Hotel San Luca
Hotel San Luca
#16 of 24 in Cortona

Been to Villa San Crispolto? Share your experiences!