“Beatifully presented and appetising food in an intimate setting with lake view”

Ristorante Sottovento
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Primarily a good class fish restaurant but also with a sensible range of non-fish dishes. Welcoming and good service throughout, we had an excellent table for 4 booked on the terrace with lake view but unfortunately as it was a cool evening we went inside - the view was still good though.
It is a small dining room but although busy thoughout the evening it din't seem crowded. The decor and all the dishes we had were beautifully presented and very enjoyable eating. With two dishes each - a main and some had pasta others had an antipasto, salads, wine, water and coffees - it came to a very reasonable for the quality €38 per person.
Two minor critiscisms - The lighting is quite low so with older eyes you might struggle with the menu and fish bones! The background recorded classical/spanish guitar music was a little intrusive and repetitive.
Overall definitely recommended though. Just along the promenade to the West you can have an apperitivo before dining whilst watching the sunset over the lake.

Reviewed August 31, 2012

As we walked by this restaurant, it looked very nice and inviting. The next evening we tried it out after checking the reviews on tripadvisor. We chose a table inside. The interior was very nicely decorated and intimate. Even romantic with a red rose on every table. Our waitress was extremely kind and attentive, we felt at ease immediately. The menu had a wide selection of fish dishes, but also sufficient choice for someone who likes meat. My antipasta was two pieces of saint Jacques. My primi piatti a lovely risotto with lobster. A very nice place for a romantic dinner, you should try it out yourself, but I can recommend it.

1  Thank Rosita_Amsterdam
Reviewed May 25, 2012

Yesterday, 24 may, we visited passignano and had lunch in sottovento.
As we read before, here on tripadvisor, it is an excellent restaurant.
We were welcomed by à very friendly lady.
The view on the lake is superbe, the lunch we had was very good.
We can recommend this restaurant.
One small detail ; the seabars my husband ate, was no seabars...that was a pity ...

Georges and sonja

1  Thank Sonja V
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Dont be put off by the position right on the corner, this is a lovely restaurant with fantastic food (mostly fish), and good service. Prices are not cheap but everything is freshly made.

1  Thank Richard P
Reviewed May 15, 2012

The pressure was on to find that 'moment' when you look back on your holiday and say 'do you remember?' and boy did we all remember this place !.. Eating and drinking is such entertainment for us all we had almost travelled around the lake and given up for somewhere delicious with a view......then hey presto ! An intimate entrance with clothed tables and spectacular view. The warmest of welcomes and lake breezes set the scene before tables started filling with colourful fresh fish dishes and seafood sculptures all beautifully presented and where appropriate finally prepped at the table. Now I don't eat fish but all my table did.......after the first mouthful each one of them could only 'coooo' as conversation was lost........they loved it and dish after dish kept them happily silent. I am assured that the Salmon Risotto with Coconut, Gently Curried Scallops with Pomegranate and Lake Perch were the best they had ever had. I enjoyed the most succulent chicken poached in spirit and spices with rosemary potatoes and perfectly cooked spinach. Thank goodness for the gentle background music because it covers all the admiring noises you can't help but make - although even I was speechless at the desserts.....quite honestly I work in this industry and this was the best tiramisu I had ever tasted. Exquisitely presented, a work of art on a mirror and I didn't want to ruin it but I soldiered through to enjoy an experience that has definitely entered my top 10 dining list ! And to top it off as if the kitchen didn't have enough talent as the people said earlier - good old fashioned traditional service by a superb waitress and then a very handsome chef appeared to greet us at the end of our meal - Happy happy days.

1  Thank LucyCLondon