“Why stay anywhere else?”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Saint-Georges-sur-Cher
Le Moulin du Mesnil
Melbourne, Australia
“Why stay anywhere else?”
Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

My partner and I ( 22 and 26 years old) were lucky enough to have stayed with Yvonne at her beautiful Bed and Breakfast in the Loire Valley. Firstly, the place was beautifully presented being built around a little stream and surrounded by greenery. The buildings have been tastefully renovated and decorated. We stayed in the two storey private suite which had its own ground floor lounge area which opened up onto a private terrace overlooking the garden. The first floor bedroom included an extremely comfortable king size bed with beautiful views of the natural surrounds. Our hostess, Yvonne, greatest us warmly and made us feel at home straight away. She spent hours assisting us with our plans for our stay including restaurant recommendations, villages, chateaux, markets etc. She went over and above in every aspect of our stay. She made us beautiful breakfasts every morning even when we had an early start. We strongly recommended Le Moulin Du Mesnil to anybody considering a visit to the area. Thank you Yvonne for our memorable stay and we look forward to meeting with you when you visit Melbourne! Sam&Susie

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
moulin38, Propriétaire at Le Moulin du Mesnil, responded to this review, May 24, 2014
Hi Sam and Suzie,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on trip advisor. I'm pleased to know that you appreciated my help with your daily visits and restaurant recommendations, and thank you for your recommendations on what to do and where to eat when we come to Melbourne.
It was lovely having you to stay at the mill, I'll be in touch a few weeks before we arrive in Australia.
I look forward to seeing you then,
Yvonne

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Oslo
Reviewed May 18, 2014

The Loire Valley is spoilt with numerous beautiful, inviting guesthouses in historical buildings, but the Moulin du Mesnil is offering the little extra. Yvonne, the hostess, really seems to enjoy running her B&B and having guests at home. This might sound obvious but it makes a world of difference when you genuinely feel welcome as a guest, and not as a customer. This reminded me of some of the guesthouses I visited when on vacation in Great Britain.
The interior design is beautiful, as they managed to integrate modern design and decoration in a clever way, without losing any of the original character of the mill. I stayed in the smaller room in the mill, which I found cosy, decorated with taste and very comfortable. It has a few nice extras: a bathtub, a nicely scented shower gel, an electrical kettle, fast wifi in the room, and a thick curtain that shuts the light out in the morning: I slept like a baby!
The breakfast was the highlight of my stay, served in the beautiful, airy living room. The kitchen is located in the center of the room, open towards the dining area, which I find very convivial, as you can chat with the hostess while she prepares your coffee, eggs and pancakes. The food was, as expected, delicious, with homemade preserves, fruits, fresh baguette and croissants, amongst other things. She will always try to adapt the food to the guests' tastes or allergies.
She's also very helpful to organise or give advice to visit the region.
Location is very convenient as well, next to the Cher, very close to Chenonceaux and other wonders of the Loire. Dining options are however not many, especially on Mondays and Tuesdays where many restaurants are closed. I followed Yvonne's recommendation and had lunch at the Villa in Montrichard, which I found quite pleasant. Nothing fancy, but good, homemade comfort food.
My only regret is not being able to enjoy the lovely garden, as the weather in April was not quite warm enough to stay outside. Maybe another time!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank nordavind
moulin38, Propriétaire at Le Moulin du Mesnil, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Thank you Camille for your lovely comments. it was so nice to have you to stay, I too enjoyed our chats at breakfast. I'm very pleased you enjoyed your meal at "Le Villa".
It would be great to see you again one day.

All my very best wishes

Yvonne

P.S. Are you pleased with your new kitchen and did you bump into Linda and Maurice at the airport.
Edmonds, Washington
Reviewed April 30, 2014

Le Moulin Du Mesnil came highly recommended to us before we set off on our travels to France, so we knew that we were in good hands. Our splendid host and hostess made our stay extraordinarily delightful. My husband and I had planned to stay two nights, but we were enjoying ourselves so much we chose to spend another two nights. Yvonne always met us with a cheery "Good Morning" at breakfast. She spent a great deal of time organizing our itinerary for the day, sending us off with written instructions, maps, and special details of the places we were to visit. She made dinner reservations for us each evening, some we returned to several times as the dinners were so delicious. - Yvonne is bubbly, gracious, and a lovely person to spend time with. The B&B has its own unique charm in the countryside surrounded by trees, flowers, a running stream, and peacefulness. Our suite was nicely decorated, comfortable and very private. Yvonne graced our room with fresh flowers everyday. We will definitely recommend this enchanting B&B to all of our family and friends. And we hope to return one day in the future ourselves!! We have included a few pictures of our memorable time. Thank you Yvonne and Jeff!!

Room Tip: We stayed in two different rooms (Suite and Mill Room) and enjoyed both. Nicely decorated and privat...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Yvonne D, Propriétaire at Le Moulin du Mesnil, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
First of all I would like to say thank you to Brian your son for recommending The Moulin du Mesnil to you. I enjoyed their company immensely and it was a so lovely a few months later to meet you both. I enjoyed our moments together in the mornings planning your day trips and a relaxing glass of wine in the evening. I hope we get to see you again either in Seattle or here.
Thank you for choosing The Moulin du Mesnil
Houston
Reviewed April 27, 2014

We cannot recommend this gorgeous B&B enough! We loved the location, the amenities, the breakfast, and especially the hostess! We stayed three different places in France and this was our favorite and the best. Everything was beautiful and stylishly decorated; we felt like we were staying in our own little chateau and the bed was extremely comfortable. The breakfast is amazing with Yvonne's homemade jams, fresh squeezed orange juice, and delicious pastries. And lastly, Yvonne and her husband are the most pleasant and amiable hosts and made us feel like family. She was so helpful during our stay and helped us have the best time in the Loire with all her recommendations. We have already recommended the Moulin du Mesnil to friends and family and can't wait until we can return. Our only regret was that we couldn't stay longer!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
moulin38, Propriétaire at Le Moulin du Mesnil, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
"Thank you for your kind review. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay here it was lovely to meet you and your husband. Thank you so much for recommending Le Moulin du Mesnil to your mum and her friend I'm looking forward to meeting them. They arrive here on the 22nd June. And of course it goes without saying that I would love to see you here again one day
Paris, France
Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

I went to the Loire valley with my mother for the weekend. Yvonne and her husband (both speak English) are wonderful hosts. We very much enjoyed our stay and would recommend this picturesque B&B to anyone. Some pictures are included here, but they don't do this lovely, secluded, clean, and relaxing place justice. Breakfast was amazing - delicious food and lots of it. Freshly squeezed orange juice and pancakes along with an assortment of jams, some yogurt, and delicious breads (all fresh). Be sure to get the GPS coordinates off of the website to get there.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for choosing to bring your mum to The Moulin du Mesnil. It was lovely to meet you both. I was so pleased you liked the breakfasts that is a big part of staying in a bnb, wondering what yummy things you are going to have in the morning.
Thank you for the kind review and thank you for the photos I love the one with the ducks.I hope your mum enjoyed her visit to Le Mont St Michele well who wouldn't!
Hilton Head, South Carolina
Reviewed April 18, 2014

My daughter and I stayed at this beautiful, tranquil private property for three blissful nights. The location is ideal. Our room was quite charming and private. Yvonne could not have been more pleasant, helpful, hospitable and kind. The property was stunning, lovely, and charming. The attention to details, from the fresh flowers, to the extravagant breakfasts and the beautiful linens was unparalleled. Yvonne even accompanied us to a few antique shops on our final day there. I highly recommend this tranquil location, with beautiful gardens, as a nice hub for seeing this region. No need to search elsewhere....this is it!! I hope to go back one day in the near future. Thank you Yvonne for such a memorable stay. We already miss being there.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind review. It was a pleasure to meet you and your daughter Betzy. I hope you are both well, I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay here. I hope Betzy is enjoying the rest of her holiday in Europe, you must be getting inpatient to have her home again.
Thank you for your advice on how to make my terrace look good I shall send you some photos when it's finished.
Warm regards from Yvonne at The Moulin du Mesnil
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed April 4, 2014

We stayed one night at Le Moulin du Mesnil in March 2014 and enjoyed it very much. Le Moulin du Mesnil is a beautiful property with modern fittings in the heart of the Loire Valley. The rooms were clean and came with a much appreciated kettle and complimentary tea. We received a very warm welcome from Yvonne, the host, and felt very much at home during our short stay. She prepared a delicious breakfast spread for us, including the option of having hot eggs (not something usually provided in French B&Bs) and freshly squeezed orange juice. Yvonne is also a very engaging host and talking to her makes you feel at ease instantly. We highly recommend staying at Le Moulin du Mesnil.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint-Georges-sur-Cher
Auberge du Bon Laboureur
#2 of 10 in Saint-Georges-sur-Cher
Le Moulin du Port
Le Moulin du Port
#3 of 10 in Saint-Georges-sur-Cher

Been to Le Moulin du Mesnil? Share your experiences!