“What a menu!”

Savvas Popeye Taverna
Ranked #4 of 31 Restaurants in Perivolos
Good for: Local cuisine, Scenic view, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
London, United Kingdom
“What a menu!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

The best menu, with an enormous range of wonderful dishes to choose from, if you eat here I can guarantee you won't be disappointed. It is run by a husband and wife who are charming, and cater for your every need.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank David66102

• Czech first
  • Greek first
San diego
“Gross food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

Poor quality. Serving slop to a bunch of tourists. The food was cheap and of very poor quality. We were starving and had dew choices

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Carmen M
St. Albans, United Kingdom
“Eat here!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I ate here for dinner yesterday and enjoyed every bit of the experience.
The location is at the quiet end of the beach and the restaurant is serene and the atmosphere relaxed.
We had peppers stuffed with feta and the local sausage to start and both were delicious. The service was quick and unobtrusive. For our mains I chose the moussaka which was traditionally served in an earthenware dish, I liked that they didn't feel the need to serve it with chips or salad as so many other restaurants do. It spoke for itself and was very tasty. My husband had the veal steak, cooked to perfection and served with fries and a small side salad. We chose the local rosé which was nice but not cold as is the way we like to drink it. It was nice all the same. We were served a complimentary desert at the end of our meal which was a nice touch. A very good meal and one of the best we have had so far during our stay in Santorini. I look forward to our next visit and cannot recommend this restaurant enough. Thank you.

• Visited July 2013
West Midlands, England
“A Tale of Two Sittings”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

Popeye's is rated No.1 restaurant in Pervolos according to Trip Advisor and my partner and I visited the restuarant twice during the first week of July with very contrastng experiences. The first time we went the food and service was excellent and very reasonable priced and we felt it fully deserved its No. 1 rating. Infact it was that good we decided to go again and how we regretted that decision. On the second occasion we went at the weekend when it was much more busier (though not full) and they simply could not cope with the demand. Despite it beng the weekend they had not put on extra staff and the 2 waiters they had were literally running around inbetween tables in an effort to keep up with orders, not an ideal situation to have a meal in. When our meals finally arrived, part of my partners meal was wrong, she was served rice instead of chips which was just as well as my chips were barely cooked. The rest of my food was luke warm and my partners shrimps were not cooked correctly. There were no serviettes on the table so we had to use our own tissues. No one came to ask how our meal was not even when they took the half-left food away. We decided to forgo desserts despite still feeling very hungry. It has to be mentioned that there were many locals dining there on the second occasion and whilst not wanting to suggest they took priority over holiday makers I would like to think the owners realise the importance of satisfying all their customers especially if they want to retain their top spot in the town. Until they do my tip would be not to go at the weekend. (My ratings are based on our second visit)

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank RUUDBOY09
David, Panama
“Awesome food and awesome prices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

Asked for fish and steamed greens, was 9.90 euro each. The restaurant down wanted 45 euro for fish! Great at,sooner, excellent prices

Visited June 2013