“Eat here!”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I ate here for dinner yesterday and enjoyed every bit of the experience.
The location is at the quiet end of the beach and the restaurant is serene and the atmosphere relaxed.
We had peppers stuffed with feta and the local sausage to start and both were delicious. The service was quick and unobtrusive. For our mains I chose the moussaka which was traditionally served in an earthenware dish, I liked that they didn't feel the need to serve it with chips or salad as so many other restaurants do. It spoke for itself and was very tasty. My husband had the veal steak, cooked to perfection and served with fries and a small side salad. We chose the local rosé which was nice but not cold as is the way we like to drink it. It was nice all the same. We were served a complimentary desert at the end of our meal which was a nice touch. A very good meal and one of the best we have had so far during our stay in Santorini. I look forward to our next visit and cannot recommend this restaurant enough. Thank you.

There are newer reviews for Savvas Popeye Taverna

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Popeye's is rated No.1 restaurant in Pervolos according to Trip Advisor and my partner and I visited the restuarant twice during the first week of July with very contrastng experiences. The first time we went the food and service was excellent and very reasonable priced and we felt it fully deserved its No. 1 rating. Infact it was that good we decided to go again and how we regretted that decision. On the second occasion we went at the weekend when it was much more busier (though not full) and they simply could not cope with the demand. Despite it beng the weekend they had not put on extra staff and the 2 waiters they had were literally running around inbetween tables in an effort to keep up with orders, not an ideal situation to have a meal in. When our meals finally arrived, part of my partners meal was wrong, she was served rice instead of chips which was just as well as my chips were barely cooked. The rest of my food was luke warm and my partners shrimps were not cooked correctly. There were no serviettes on the table so we had to use our own tissues. No one came to ask how our meal was not even when they took the half-left food away. We decided to forgo desserts despite still feeling very hungry. It has to be mentioned that there were many locals dining there on the second occasion and whilst not wanting to suggest they took priority over holiday makers I would like to think the owners realise the importance of satisfying all their customers especially if they want to retain their top spot in the town. Until they do my tip would be not to go at the weekend. (My ratings are based on our second visit)

1  Thank RUUDBOY09
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Asked for fish and steamed greens, was 9.90 euro each. The restaurant down wanted 45 euro for fish! Great at,sooner, excellent prices

Reviewed June 24, 2013

great friendly service and we had a fantastic meal of traditional greek cuisine and delicious fresh fish a great start to our santorini holiday.reasonable prices.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

while in cavos for two weeks from may27 till june 10th the last nite we were doing last bits! when we came across this restaurant for 7.50euro we had three course meal, which was beautiful.. the best we had in two weeks! faces bar was very popular with us,mainly because of bichon dogs! but they were very friendly an done a good lasangne. Karen a liverpudling was very nice as all..was a bit shocked when told we were going there,because of tv programme, but it was not as bad at all! an the youngsterswere friendly an hard workers..think it should be made aware that the medical centres could advise where the hospital is, as it is a money grabbing business.. when bus is only approx. 4 or 5 euro at most in fact a taxi would b cheaper than wot is charged for treatment in medical centres of cavous.