All reviews nice resort customer focused amazing pool included breakfast wonderful honeymoon pool area minute walk main town the bus volcanic beach restaurants and shops stayed here for a week would highly recommend this hotel the hotel offers black beach fresh towels greek salad
Reviewed September 21, 2016

Just got back from stay at nine muses. It's a nice hotel would say it's a 3/4 star property The room we had was good size with a nice bathroom. Staff were friendly and helpful. It's a short walk to the beach where there are plenty of places to eat and drink. Pool area good with a nice feel to it. If you want to exercise gym is okay having machines and free weights. Typical Greek surroundings.

Reviewed September 19, 2016

Cannot believe some of the negative reviews on here about 9 Muses. I have travelled to many places and stayed in many hotels all over the world and this is one of the best I have stayed in. Clean, beautiful room (Room 208) overlooking the pool areas which are magnificent. Yes, breakfast is the same (slight variations) each day but what was there was good. As for the staff, they were all very pleasant, lovely people. Very attentive at breakfast and shared many a joke with us. Nothing was too much trouble for them. When we were leaving, another friend of ours had 35 euros in coins, when we asked one of the staff to change it into notes they actually counted it out and changed it for them. We were there for a wedding which took place in Fira and other guests stayed at different hotel, some which were reported as shocking (no less than a youth hostel)! 9 Muses gets 5 stars from me and can't thank them enough.

Room tip: Room 207 and 208....amazing.
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed September 17, 2016

Had a very good relaxing holiday here. Good clean hotel, Pool area is good, would recommend watching the sun set on an evening boat trip. Beach 5 min walk plenty of sun beds and places to eat, check out " Gods Garden Restaurant " excellent food and good value for money.

Room tip: No coffee / tea making facility in rooms, take a travel kettle with you for that early morning cuppa.
Reviewed September 12, 2016

A small oasis is anothervise rather baron area. With excellent service and easy acces to both swiming pool and tennis court. Nice breakfast and dinner. Perfect place for a getaway from the office with your betterhalf for a relaxed week in the sun.

Room tip: If you have troubles with a few steps you should inform the hotel when making your reservation, as most rooms have a few steps to the door.
Reviewed September 12, 2016 via mobile

From initial impressions and from photos online this hotel looked like the ideal get away after our wedding, but I was wrong.

The room is dated and in need of refurbishment, the grouting in the bathroom is black and parts of the shower hanging off the wall. And to top it off a sharp rusty spike sticking out of the floor between the balcony doors.

I could forgive the room being of a poor standard as we intended on spending as little time there as possible.

The one positive about this hotel is the pool area, which is very nice and clean.

My main gripe is the staff, which I found quite shocking as a lot of the reviews for this hotel state friendly staff. Every morning at breakfast we had to fight tooth and nail just to get a cup of tea, you would ask one member of staff for a cup and then 10 minutes later still no sign of them until you see them setting a separate table.

The food was not great either, with very limited fresh fruit which was covered in flies, the only covered fruit was tinned and covered in syrup.

This put us off from eating in the main restaurant for lunch and dinner, luckily we found a lovely restaurant on the beach front which served amazing food with quality service.

The one time we stayed for lunch, we waited 15 minutes with still no sign of a waited to take our drinks order let alone our food order, which I could understand if the restaurant was busy, but when there is only 6 other people sitting down, I find this quite poor. And this explains why the restaurant is almost always empty.

Ultimately, don't expect amazing standards and service if you come here, the photos do not show the real picture.

I really don't like giving bad reviews but this place made me so angry I couldn't help myself. I can't wait to leave tomorrow!

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank leigh6845