“We did not want to pack our suitcases and leave this place”
Review of Bella Santorini

Bella Santorini
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Perivolos
Banska Bystrica, Slovakia
“We did not want to pack our suitcases and leave this place”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Dear readers/visitors to be, have you ever felt like at home in a hotel? Have you ever been treated like friends after few hours of your stay somewhere? Then read this, because we have. My best friend and I did not want to pack our suitcases and leave this place. Evangelia and Anna, sisters who own and run Bella Santorini Apartments, together with other members of their family, are just unbelievable! Evangelia and Anna are always there for their guests. Whatever you need, whatever you ask, they always provide answer or necessary equipment (in our case iron, knife for 13kg watermelon, internet connection) or recommend something that solves your actual problem (trips, shopping, night life).

The hotel is situated in quiet location, only 5 min from Perivilos beach and 15 min from Perissa Beach. We stayed at a sea-view apartment with a balcony. The bedroom was nice and clean with two separate beds, a bathroom and a room with kitchen corner and a sofa (which can be used as another bed). It was just perfect for us two. The only thing I missed was maybe a little better lighting in the bathroom and little more toilet paper to be supplied to our room. Everything else was to our satisfaction (air-condition, fridge, hot water, cleanliness, towels and bed sheets changed daily, safe, hair-dryer...). And the softener they use for linen, hotel towels never smelled so nice :-).

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank LS1985

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Greek first
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I stayed here 4 nights with a couple of friends not expecting anything but then I met the owner Litsa. She is spectacular, so warm and friendly and knowledgeable of the island and where to go for sight seeing and eating I almost couldn't get myself to leave!!! It's just like being with family . . .you are treated so well that you are relaxed from the moment you arrive.

The rooms are simple but large and very clean, the breakfast is varied with home made treats made by Litsa. We really enjoyed the breakfast as it set the start for the whole day with a smile!

The hotel is located walking distance to Perivolos beach which is, in my opinion, the best beach in Santorini and there are many lovely chilled cafes/ bars and restaurants offering sunbeds and umbrellas.

I definitely recommend this small hotel where you are treated like family.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Voronezh, Russia
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We were staying at this hotel for 5 days in june. We came to Santorini for our wedding ceremoni. So we booked via their website 2 rooms in advance: one for us, a couple, and another - for my father and brother.
We had a long journey to Santorini, so we were very tired, when arrived to the hotel and wanted just to check in, have a shower and go to bed! But our checking-in took really long time, because we had to fill in forms for everyone and then the owner talked and talked to us... People write here, that the staff is very friendly and attentive, but you know...sometimes it's better to leave people alone, not to talk so much... She talked about the Island (though before coming there we, of course, read lots about it!), then asked about the family, then described diffrent boat cruises around the island... But a bit later she said us with a smile, that my father and brother we'll be living for 2 days in another room and then they we'll move to the one, we booked. That's when the problems began. I know, that some hotels try to avoid downtime and can accept 2 bookings for the same room... But it was very, very unpleasantly for us, because it was our wedding day and as a result my father and brother had to pack their stuff and wait in our room to find out that they will stay in another hotel for 1 night!!! And again, the most important thing, that it was exactly in our wedding day! Why did they choose us, not people who checked in that day?..

The hotel itself is really nice, calm, with delicious breakfasts, nice pool, now there are even more trees, then on photos.
But I want to warn people that such situation can happen with anyone... Maybe, I should have booked the rooms via booking dot com to avoid this problem...

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
bellasantorini, Manager at Bella Santorini, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
dear lady,
thank you for giving us the opportunity to explain you again all the situation of your stayment.
when you arrived in our hotel for us is important to welcome you and as all hotel asking for a registration form so that we can write it in our check in book.
furthermore clients who arrived in santorini for first time they are interesting to lern some things for santorini whow to spend their holidays in santorini,
of course if some clients need to slieep and avoid the information the most simple think is telling to the welcome lady that you dont need information.
secondly when you arrived you ask one apartment with twin beds so we inform you that we will have availability apartment with twin beds in two days.
so we did your check out and we waiting for a family who lived in twin beds a[partments for check out,
their child feld down from the step of the hotel and the family left emergency for the hospital; with the child.
the family inform me in the evening from the hospital that they should stay in the hospital because the child was in a surious situation,
you hansdand when we inform him about the situation of the child he said send them to the other hotel and we stay in their apartment.
do you think that this reply is normally?all the bagage and other thing was in their room and as a hotel we cant move the bagagge of the clients.
so that we manage just to sleep in onother hotel nest to our without charge you for this night.
if we had a overbooking be sure that we send the new clients to another hotel and not the clients who already stay. so don t say that mrs katerina and we didnt do that of course in your wedding day!!!!!
many times accident happen and we try to find the best solution for everybody.
*the child still be in the hospital of crete......
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed June 3, 2013

It was such a great experience of staying on Santorini in these apartments. From the first day, the staff made you feel like home, like everyone is your family. The owner is nicest woman I've ever met! So open, kind and attentive, she knows how to do her best and knows what people need. She remembered the preferences of every single guest and knew what exactly everyone had for breakfast)))) moreover, the location was pretty convenient, was easy to get to the nearest places and to Fira, the beach is near, 3 minutes of walk. It was really pleasant experience. Very high recommended)

3 Thank Garik-siuperman
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed May 18, 2013

This was a wonderful hotel. I loved Greek look and feel of the apartment. The rooms were very clean, especially the bathroom! The pool was very nice to lounge around on. The staff was also very friendly as this is a family owned place. Since we were there during off-season (beginning of May), the hotel had some spare apartments so they let our group have an extra apartment for free, even though we booked only for one. The woman at the front desk was very sweet and gave us many recommendations on things to do on the Island. While the hotel is situation in the suburbs, it is only a 10 minute walk to the beach where you can find lots of restaurants and bars. The bus stop that takes you to Thira is only a 15 minute walk away. All in all, this was an amazing deal and I definitely recommend this hotel especially if you are on a budget

Boxtel, Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
Reviewed May 15, 2013

We went to this appartments and I must say it was wonderful.
Every day there was roomservice and I never had that in an appartment before.
The Greece family who had this appartment were very friendly. Their daughter Evelien was managing there and she did everything to give you a nice and special holliday. She makes fresh food and she always had a smile for you. I´ve been to the greece islands 12 times before but this is the one I would go back to. I recommend everyone to go there because you have a lovely holliday for sure. Bella Santorini gets a 10 and Evelien a 10 plus.
Theo Witlox and Fien Leijten from Holland

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I must write this review now as I am still enjoying this hidden gem. I will start with Evelin the owner. I arrived at night around 9pm and was greeted at the front by Evelin who makes you feel like family. She makes a great first impression and then she right away upgraded me to a beautiful ocean view room. I mentioned that I would like to get a bite to eat and within minutes she brought sandwich to my room with a drink. She is an excellent host and my room was spacious and VERY clean. The room is cleaned everyday with fresh linens and the walk to the beach is 5 minutes. There are cute cafes along the beach and a market to stock up on snacks and drinks. I am very impressed with the whole area and would definitely come back. If I could rate this stay a 20 I would do so. Evelin you are the best and thanks for making my stay the greatest!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Perivolos
Stelios Place
Anassa Deluxe Suites
Anassa Deluxe Suites
#3 of 75 in Kamari
Santorini Crystal Blue Suites

Been to Bella Santorini? Share your experiences!