Don't be fooled by the photos on the hotel's web site! The reality is nowhere near! We booked this hotel as it was pretty well graded and they offered a big discount (-50%). Franckly, this is not a 70 euros/ night hotel and certainly not a 4*!
To start with, upon our arrival at 2am (the ferry was late), the man at the reception asked for us to fill in a very detailed form (job, etc...) and pay right away the whole amount of money for our 5 night stay. Which we foolishly did. Afterwards he escorted us to our room (n°2) without even offering to help us with our luggage. The room was at the back of the hotel, a long way and lots of flights of stairs from the reception. Upon arriving to the room he let us into the room without putting on the light (we had to ask him where the light was). When we asked until what hour the breakfast was served, he told us 11 am. We went to bed at 3 am, after discovering "the joys" of this cave like horrible room.
First of all the bathroom smelt like drain and wet rot, the shower curtain (remember this is suposedly a 4* hotel) was rotten, there was rust all over the plumbing fixtures... the smell was unbearable! Dust was everywhere (bathroom and room), the closet didn't have any doors anymore, the lampshade was broken so we only had a lampbulb...we also discovered later that the room door won't close unless locked!!! The whole thing was a disaster. Plus when we arrived to have breakfast we found out that in fact it was served only until 10:30 am and not 11 am as we had been told...
Upon seeing the manager, he promised to change our room. He gave us a slightly better room but we only had it for 2 nights. Then he booked us into another hotel for one night and then back to Aenemos for our last night. So in 5 nights we had 4 rooms. Needless to say this clearly ruined our stay. In the last room they gave us, the WC didn't work correctly and the bad smells were the same. The hotel is dirty, the furniture and linen is old and stained.
The only good things about the hotel were the restaurant (nice staff and good food for moderate price) and the beach.
This is clearly not a hotel I would go back to and I would even say that my image of the whole Santorini island has been spoiled because of this hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Anemos Beach Lounge Hotel in Perivolos Santorini is the epitome of island life. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Anemos Beach Lounge Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Meduse Perivolos
- La Meduse Hotel Perivolos
- Anemos Beach Lounge Hotel Santorini/Perivolos