Kohhai Fantasy Resort & Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
All reviewsfantasy resortkoh haibeautiful beachbeach fronthillside roommini martloved our stayegg stationfishthai foodbig bedroomsmall shopscalding hotblue lagoonmore expensive than other placestofutired rooms
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 10, 2012

We stayed for 2 nights in a deluxe family bungalow at Fantasy Resort. The accommodation and facilities at this resort were amazing. The staff and service at this resort was excellent, we ate the restaurant every night enjoying the stunning limestone formations.Perfect location for families looking for a very relaxed beach holiday.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 19, 2012

We stayed at Fantasy resort for 5 nights in a deluxe bungalow and a regular bungalow. Exactly the same and upon inquiring why one was deluxe (more epxensive and a bit more dated then the other), I was shown a map of the resort as if that would clear it up. Overall with the exception of when we checked in, it was a very good experience. Some of the staff at the front desk were quite rude. The extra bed we had asked for wasn't available until I asked to speak to the manager, and then it was. I asked for an extra pillow as each person got one, again was told that none available.

The highlights of the resort were the beach, very good although crowded with never a chair available. By 7 am, people left their towels on the chairs for the day and that was it. Another highlight was the pool which was excellent and pretty much empty so we spent some time there as well. After a few weeks on beaches, it was nice to take a dip in a large and clean pool.

The rooms were very spacious with a couch, tv and fridge. Some bungalows were dated inside and some were nicer. Only complaint in the rooms was the bathroom was very small and the shower had two settings: ice cold and lava hot.

The tour company inside was very helpful with us booking a four island snorkeling trip, I recommend you use the ferry for this at 800 B a person rather then speedboard at 1500 B per person. Slower pace but a great day out. And the speedboat which we did see was crowded and small.

The restaurant was very good with an excellent selection of Thai and Western food and good quality. There was a BBQ grill where you could select fish and steaks to cook, note tha the fish was often sold out by 7 pm. The breakfast buffet was pretty good. The restaurant staff was wonderful and after a day there, knew us, our room number and our preferences.

There is a small convenience store in the hotel and a very comfortable bar. Plenty of neighboring resorts gave more dining options. I would stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Ron H
Reviewed January 12, 2012

Despite the increase in the number of resorts on Koh Hai, Fantasy Resort and Spa is still a great place to destress and get away from it all. Accomodation and facilities are generally of a high standard and it was clear that the resort has spent money recently on refurbishments to keep it that way. We love the islands and coral of the Andaman Sea and this is a great base also from which to explore. There's a tour shop and dive shop so the resort can meet the varied requirements of their guests.

Room Tip: The beach bungalows are nice but the deluxe villas offer more room and comfort
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank L0mbard0
Reviewed January 11, 2012

I booked this hotel for 2 nights and when I stepped foot on the property I booked a 3rd night! It was beautiful! Very big resort with many things to do like kayaking, snorkelling, day trips, spa, and I also ran everyday on the beautiful beach and hiked.

This is a place to come to for relaxation and the beach. Just keep in mind that it is quiet and not busy.

The food there was delicious! I loved the breakfast buffet that was included and the dinner was awesome! Every night was bbq night with the fresh seafood and chicken. I ate this every night and it was a great price.

Wireless wasn't free but it was very cheap. I also booked a standard room which was very basic, but it had air conditioning. These rooms are very cheap if you are a budget traveller, but if you want to have more luxury, spend extra money for the beach front bungalows. Really though, my room was literally 20 seconds from the beach and you are not in your room.

The staff were very friendly and the spa was very nice! There was a special for a sauna with herbs and I went twice. The fragrance during the spa was so wonderful.

This is also a family friendly resort. This was a perfect 3 day trip for me and I would definitely go back in the future!

Room Tip: Standard rooms are so close to the beach, and cheap if you want to save money.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 10, 2012

this was our second time at fantasy resort, and it is just the best! we are mature travellers that don't need a push 5* resort, and this just hotel hits the spot on all accounts. The beach is BEAUTIFUL,with really good snorkelling directly infront of you. we choose one of the cheaper hill side rooms which have a large veranda, and are very peaceful.(except for the giant hornbill birds that fly around the trees!) the food in the resturant is excellant, and as for the staff I don't think I have meet such lovely happy but very hard working people. One of the nice things for us is that as loving grandparents that don't normally travel with our grandchildren, there is always plenty of very well behaved children there as it is such a great place for them to stay as it it very child friendly!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple