“Liked it a lot ”

903 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 350 helpful votes
“Liked it a lot ”
Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

Yes it costs 5 bucks to walk out on the pier. So less than a happy meal. I walked out and watched the people fish and enjoyed the views. I saw a large ray caught and a shark a tad over 4 feet. Even just the views are worth more than 5 bucks. The fish were a major bonus.

1 Thank LostALot22

Eagan, Minnesota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Enjoyed it”
Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

$5 just to get on the pier. Prices continually add up if you want to fish, pay for rod rental, bait etc. I passed on the fishing and I am glad I did. I was entertained enough watching others fish. They caught mostly smaller fish.
You can spend $5 on lesser things. I thought it was well worth the trip and the money.

1 Thank structureg64
Winter Springs, Florida
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Pier Fishing”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

The pier is a long way out off a beautiful beach front. The pricing on the weekend is a bit pricy and there isn't anyone monitoring the VIP section of the pier. Went out this weekend with family and friend and was trying to enjoy the fishing but there were about 8 young kids out there running up to people when they caught something and wanting the fish whether it was game or other. The kids didn't have the double stamp required to prove you were a VIP payee. At one point there was about 8 adults with these boys out there all rigged for King fishing that were drinking, smoking pot and just loud. They had brought a home made makeshift stereo that was blasting and we had to ask them to move it away and turn it down. Around dusk one of the guys working behind the counter was out there with them. I can't say he was drinking or smoking but he was ensuring the experience was a pleasurable one for us. The fishing was fun and exciting, a lot of variety of fish from pin to shark. It would be a much better place if those guys, (that appear local) would have been monitored. There were times when fish were being caught that people who didn't pay for the VIP section would come out and cast a line while you were trying to bring in the catch. Oh ya, and not to be a PRUDE but the cussing, man my ears were on fire. So if this review gets to the owners or managers, please monitor your pier. It won't matter to me cause I'll NEVER come back!!

Visited March 2014
4 Thank Ronald C
Nashville, Tennessee
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Long pier on a beautiful beach”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

The Redington Pier stretches 1000 feet into the gulf, and for a lofty fee you can try your luck fishing. The wooden pier has been rebuilt several times in it's life, and remains a land mark in the area. There is ample parking, and a cranky attendant to greet you. Don't ask questions! The attendant has been asked the same question "what's the best way to catch fish today", at least 100 times each day. I think he needs a vacation, 'cause if you don't like to talk to the visitors, it's time for a new job.

Once a plentiful fishery, the gulf has seen drastic declines in fish populations. In January 2014, we saw juvenile shark, pin-fish, the occasional mackerel and a few other species pulled-in. Most of the catch was being fed to the pelicans, as the size was too small to be a considered a "keeper".

Don't have high expectations, just enjoy the day fishing!

Visited January 2014
Jenks, Oklahoma
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 79 helpful votes
“Not so slick”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

We walked down from the Doubletree to enjoy the view from the pier. To our surprise it cost $5 (I believe it was $5 per person) just to walk on it. You can also fish for an additional fee. I am a capitalist so what ever works! Took a little of the charm away from the area. I always thought of things like piers as public - my bad. No big deal, just not a plus.

Visited January 2014