Wow, once you enter the gates it is a different world.
If you are a golfer the course is beautiful and extremely well maintained. It was in perfect condition when we visiting in August. It is a challenging ocean course with difficult greens. We did not play the Par 3 course which looked interesting.
Our accommodations were gorgeous with a huge bedroom and exquisite bathroom (heated granite floors). The robes were fantastic and not your usual cotton type. The kitchen was stocked with your usual glassware although we could have used a few plates for appetizers while sitting on our big porch enjoying the water/course view.
I didn't go into the Spa because we were there to golf, but we met a bride and groom on the course as they were heading to the bluff for a picture and she was raving about how well she was treated in the spa and how luxurious the treatment was she received.
The dining room was very nice, and the food was good. They have a huge deck of the dining room but when we went to have a glass of wine there it was as if we were causing trouble for the. It is a nice space looking out towards the water so I don't know why it was a problem.
Like other visitors, this resort is in the middle of nowhere and is not inexpensive. if you don't golf or shoot then there isn't anything else that I noticed in the area.
We were there on a Stay and Play Golf package which apparently included breakfast, but upon check in we were never told/reminded of the breakfast or where it was served so I can not comment on that.
I have to add that my husband left a club on the course which was returned and also sent to us asap back in the states. We thank you for that as when our caddie lost my sand wedge at Sea Island they never did anything.
We also enjoyed the excitement of watching a private jet land while golfing as the airstrip is off the first hole. I wish I knew who was on that plane!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since opening in 2000, Fox Harb'r Resort has been consistently ranked among the top resorts in Canada by leading travel consumer reports and industry peers. Fox Harb'r is one of only four 5-star resorts in Canada. The resort offers classic elegance on a grand scale with a variety of activities including award-winning championship golf, par 3 golf course, tennis courts, a sporting lodge featuring sporting clay shooting, a luxury spa and wellness center, a private 4885 ft. airstrip, deep sea marina, Ocean front Cape Cliff Dining Room and The Willard for casual dining. In addition to the Resort amenities, Fox Harb'r also includes a private gated community, Harb'r Stone Village, showcasing stylish private residences and town homes overlooking the course and ocean for those who desire luxurious resort living. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Hotwire and Agoda so you can book your Fox Harb'r Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fox Harb`r Golf Hotel Wallace
- Fox Harb`r Golf Resort And Spa
- Fox Harb r Hotel
- Fox Harb'r Resort Nova Scotia/Wallace, Canada