“What a gem”

Due Colonne
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 25, 2013

The Port area of Favignana isn't big at all. At a guess, there are only c. 20 places to choose from, & that includes places within hotels. This, for my wife & I, was by far & away the standout trattoria of them all - we ended up visiting 4 times in 7 nights there. Probably the best seafood-based pasta we've had anywhere in Italy. The pasta we learn from the owners, is made fresh every morning in Trapani & shipped over on the ferry in time for evening session. The other seafood we had was equally good, anmazingly fresh & well prepared. All caught locally.
Typical Sicilian haphazard service, so sometimes you need to be on their case when they're busy, but for me this can be forgiven when you're sat in a beautiful old piazza with a glass (or several) of local icecold white wine waiting for stunning food. After all, you're on holiday !

Write a ReviewReviews (1,712)

Reviewed April 28, 2013

I never had a waitress roll her eyes at me before, when I asked for some more time to browse the menu! Unbelievable.

The pasta Due Colonne was very tasty.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

We were very impressed by the food in this restaurant....local dishes, beautifully prepared and extremely tasty. Indeed we were served with two of the freshest and best seafood dishes we have had in Sicily. Pavement seating is available for those who want to watch passers by and savour the atmosphere of this lovely island. We would certainly return here and recommend it to visitors wanting to sample the best of local dishes in the town centre.

Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

I thought the ladies serving us came from Eastern Europe because of their dour attitude although we visited on a quiet day when they should have been great full for our custom. When my credit card didn't go through they gave me the feeling that I had stolen it or something. In fact it was their OOS which was faulty as the same credit card worked perfectly elsewhere 10 minutes later. The grilled cuttlefish were among the best I've eaten anywhere and the location on the pavement in the piazza was delightful. Had they been friendlier I would have given 5 points.

Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

I dont understand the bad reviews from September and October of 2012. I had lunch at this restaurant in March 2013 upon recommendation from a Favignana resident who I met while biking on the other side of the island. It was one of the best lunches and freshest seafood I had during my two weeks in Sicily. Upon ordering each course, the waitress made alternate recommendations to us and it became apparent that she was trying to steer us towards what was fresh that day. I ordered the octopus salad to start and the waitress suggested adding tuna to it because the tuna was especially good that day. When I stated that I planned to get the pasta with tuna she looked relieved, as if it would kill her if I did not try what was freshest. My grandmother ordered clams and the waitress checked to make sure they had them (they did) but offered several suggestions in the event they were not available. This restaurant prides itself on serving fresh seafood so if something is not available fresh they will not serve it. At the table next to us were a group of Italians from Trapani anthey didn't even use the menu to order. They simply asked what was fresh and together with the waitress they worked out what dishes they would ask the chef to prepare. The chef came out to chat with us as we were leaving and was very personable.

It also seems that throughout Italy they are required to tell you on the menu if items are frozen (and the menu at Due Collone did specify with stars that two items were frozen) so I'm surprised by the reviewer who thought they received frozen seafood (unless they didn't understand the stars) and by the reviewer who claims the food made a travel companion ill. English at this restaurant is limited so perhaps there were some language barriers. I don't recall there being an English menu but I didn't ask.

I wouldn't hesitate to go back to this restaurant and highly recommend it to anyone who visits Favignana.