We were arriving from one week at the Calamancina Village in San Vito Lo Capo (same owners of this hotel), which we had not like at all and we were therefore very worried.
We were delighted to see that Cala la Luna was actually one if not two notches up the scale for us than the Calamancina.
The structure is very well kept, the duplex apartment was extremely nice, fresh and spotless with a very nice terrace overlooking the pool area, this one very clean too and very pleasant.
The staff was excellent: very welcoming and helpful from reception, through the rental services to the entertainment around the pool and at night time. Our two children enjoyed the kids activities very much, when they decided to join them and everyone was really friendly without being too pushy; which we liked very much.
The apartment was cleaned every day at a surcharge, but it was made impeccably by the cleaner. It was well worth the money. Beds were very comfortable too. Kitchenette very well equipped, even if we did not use it.
The beaches are quite far away from the hotel, Lido Burrone being the closest at 10 minutes by bicycle. We enjoyed them very much, even if we were told that in August they are all so crowded. We were glad we could make the best of them, apart from a full day with jelly fish which however turned into a great adventure day for our kids...
The hotel is very close to the center, which one can reach by foot or by bike. We decided to rent the bicycles for us and our two children (9 and 7 yo), as we were highly recommended by friends who had already been in Favignana. We really enjoyed touring Favignana by bike, as we really see the island well; it is a beautiful, wild island, with not many beaches but the sea is beautiful (I recommend to take the boat trip around the island to really see it).
The hotel has a restaurant which is managed by people external to it. The menu is not very varied (especially for children), but the quality of the food is very good. We started to eat outside the hotel, since after 3 days we had tried everything from the menu already.
The breakfast is charged 10 euros per person (children do not have any reduction) and it is dealt with by the same people of the restaurant. This was very disappointing; the choice was not great, bread was not fresh (which is a real sin in a small island like Favignana), cakes were offered for days even if it was clear that people did not enjoy them, milk was warm and the quality of coffee and juices not at the level of a country of Italy or a 4 star hotel at all.
I must however say that when I said that to the reception, they admitted there had been other complaints too and asked me in detail what I thought needed to be improved. This is always a good sign, in my experience. Considering the very good quality of food for lunch and dinner, I'd expect it would be easy to improve breakfast dramatically if they only want to.
I'd go back to the Cala La Luna, although we did not like very much the fact that the place was offering time sharing too which always make the clientele too mixed and unmatched.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- he Villaggio Cala la Luna stands out like a white pearls on the island of Favignana. It offers a perfect Mediterranean style where white buildings impeccably alternate to turquoise window and door frames. In harmony with the surrounding nature thanks to the use of the typical white tufa stones of Favignana, the village is an example of bio architecture. It is the ideal place for a charming vacation, characterized by striking places and breathtaking views, surrounded by the warmth of the islanders, and the scents of Sicilian cooking. It is the ideal place for families, for a romantic couple gateway, and also for fun group trips thanks to the perfect distribution of our common areas and the cordiality and services of a four-star- hotel. By the moment you arrive our cordial professional staff wants you to feel welcome, and will make your staying at the resort a precious and charming experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Priceline so you can book your Villaggio Cala La Luna reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villaggio Cala La Luna Hotel Favignana
- Villaggio Cala La Luna Favignana