Beech House at The Olive Branch
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Clipsham
See available hotels
  • Pool
Birch House(Stamford)
Hambleton Hall(Hambleton)
View Hotel
All reviewsfresh milkthe pubbiscuitsthe ground floorthe barnlovely bathroomlittle toucheseggs and baconquiet roadcelebrate our ruby wedding anniversarystayed two nightsgreat mealcompotecomfortable bedgreat place to stayfull englishpretty village
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Stayed for two nights dinner bed & breakfast for our wedding anniversary,lovely rooms excellent food and surprise bottle of fizz for us on arrival would definitely recommend and look forward to another visit.

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank maz28Cheshire
Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

Ahhhh, I loved it here!!! I went as a party of 4 last weekend and we had such a great time! I only wish we had been a couple and had been staying the night, it was so romantic.

The pub is very busy but we were made to feel so welcome and important by Pedro and his team. I have been to Spain before and I always love to practice my pigeon Spanish...The restaurant manager is from Madrid and didn't mind at all my witterings!!!

The food was.....ah....gorgeous! I had crispy prawns to start, a sirloin main and Eton mess for dessert. Each dish was really generous in portion, really well flavoured and beautifully presented. The dessert was so impressive with Heston blumenthal style smoke billowing out of it!!!

Although we weren't staying the night Pedro showed us a couple of the bedrooms they have available which are in a beautiful house just across the road from the pub. They looked beautiful and so clean. We are definatley going back to stay!!!!

As well as the pub and rooms there is also a sweet little shop onsite where they sell wines, art and other momentos of a great meal. My hubby bought a bottle of the great Pinot noir we had enjoyed with our meal.

For me this place is very special, this is what all pubs should aspire to. Every detail from the handmade napkins to the locally sourced ingredients made me feel like I was enjoying an authentic British Pub experience!!

Go here!!

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Ladylisk
Reviewed September 11, 2012

We stayed in Double Cream last week and we love it the room is good size, nice and clean, lovely bath, beautiful touches.
Dinner at the pub amazing very enjoyable.
We come back soon.
Many thanks for a lovely time.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rachel L
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Beware! If you cancel within 7 days of your stay you will be charged the full amount of your room. We had a genuine reason for cancellation 36 hours before staying but instead of getting help we got a stroppy receptionist pointing to the small print in a confirmation email. After much debate they conceded to charge us half price. WOW. Business in a recession? Will never stay here or recommend.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel.
Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank 0115tara
OliveBranchPub, Owner at Beech House at The Olive Branch, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

These guests threatened our Reservations Manager and General Manager with a negative review on Tripadvisor if we did not refund the deposit when cancelling their room the day before arrival.

We made every effort to relet the accommodation and to minimise our losses, unfortunately with such short notice we were unable to re-let the room. We only charged 50% of the cancellation charge.

We clearly state our cancellation policy on our Room Rates & Booking page, on our Bookings Terms page, in our 'Terms & Conditions' which need to be accepted twice before making a booking and we also state it in the confirmation letter.

We will not succumb to threats of negative reviews and believe Tripadvisor should remove such reviews.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

I must start by saying that I completely disagree with the negative reviews but do understand that not everybody's stay or experience is the same. I found both the food at the Olive Branch (we ate there both nights) and staff were excellent; we even had our dog with us & they couldn't have been more friendly or helpfull. We stayed in Biscuit which was a lovely & comfortable room equipped already with a dog bowl & had a lovely bathroom. There is a 2 hour circular walk right on the doorstep & we were given a map by the staff, we also went for a walk at Rutland Water and ordered a hamper which for £27.50 was not only delicous but in my opinion very good value for money.

When we were checking out on the Sunday we decided not to stay for breakfast (which was very nice the day before with perfect boiled eggs & soldiers) & we were given without asking a goodie bag complete with fruit, pastries and drinks. Both venues are expensive compared to basic b&b's and pubs but I think you pay for the extra's and quality which you certainly get here. I will not hesitate to recommend Beech House & Olive Branch to anybody else and look forward to coming again.

Loretta, Warren & Oscar

Room Tip: Biscuit was good for a dog as on the ground floor and very spacious
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple