“Awesome place”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Bala Bay Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bala
Bala Bay Inn
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Bala
Toronto
“Awesome place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2006

We were looking for a place on Lake Muskoka and the Bala Bay Inn is really cool. The Lux lounge & flat screens in room and a great vibe. The staff was very well trained , dining room service was a bit slow but the lake view and people watching was "Muskoka" .

Stayed July 2006
2 Thank Grossy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2006

I had heard terrible things about the Bala Bay Inn - that it was a dump, etc. When I called in they notified me that they had completely changed around the entire inn... new beds, new linens, ... a new martini bar, latte bar...

I booked two nights and was pleasently surprised by the complete makeover the place had!!! it's gorgeous.. the martini lounge is my favorite place to relax. i definitely recommend it to anyone who wants to stay in the bala area. book quickly though.. i think they'll be pretty full for the summer.

• Stayed June 2006
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2006

First of all, I am 23 and have lived in student housing for the last 4 years of my life so my standards are not that high. I stayed 1 night at the Bala Bay Inn a few years ago and it was the dirtiest most run down inn I have ever saw let alone stayed in. Maybe they have done some renovations since then, but trust me it needs a complete overhaul. Everything from the sheets to the TV was from the 70's. The room numbers on some of the doors was written in with marker. The hallway floor was very uneven and there was a huge gap under our door. I felt very unsafe as it would have been very easy for someone to break into our room and there was no phone in our room to call for help even if someone did. The sheets were mismatched, didn't fit the bed, and looked as though they were purchased at the Salvation Army. I didn't even attempt to shower as I wouldn't have felt any cleaner if I did. There is a fairly popular bar downstairs which we enjoyed and drank enough that we were able to sleep in our hole of a room, we also ended up scoring some free tickets to a concert at the kee to bala which is right nearby.
This Inn would do much better if they renovated all of the rooms to fit the era in which it was built, especially considering they try to sell you on its history. The lobby could be very nice with some minor fixing up.
This hotel was a total rip off. They should have been paying us to stay there. Luckily we had only booked for 1 night although I think I would have rather slept in a box on the side of the road.
The area is beautiful and Bala is a quaint little town if you're looking for something very low key. Camping somewhere in the area would be a good idea. Don't miss the Muskoka Winery where they have delicious blueberry/cranberry wine and there are some trails there that make for a nice hike and you can check out the cranberry fields.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bala
Sherwood Inn
Howard Johnson Inn - Gravenhurst
Christie's Mill Inn and Spa
Christie's Mill Inn and Spa
#2 of 4 in Port Severn

Been to Bala Bay Inn? Share your experiences!