Dudley's Inn
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Bala
See available hotels
  • Restaurant
Sherwood Inn(Port Carling)
Crestwood Inn(Port Carling)
Shamrock Lodge(Port Carling)
  • Pool
Severn Lodge(Port Severn)
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 29, 2010

Best I've had in 40 years, and a pleasure doing business with. I have come to appreciate those who still take pride in what they do, my hats off to them. Would not hesitate to tell others of this charming motel. What other motel in Muskoka can you sit by an open fire after the sun goes down?

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank andrewo78
Reviewed July 24, 2010

I'm astonished that such a blatant review was made... I've had the pleasure to stay at Dudley's Inn and it was awesome. The place is not the most posh but very clean and the staff was very attentive.. I too noticed the bag over the window and like a mature, paying, concerned individual, I asked what it was for. I got a simple ;but worthy answer. The bag is placed over the window so that the birds wouldn't nest in that particular area. The writer claims that the bathroom was out of service and that she is thankful that she had baby wipes. Interesting! I'm certain that if she had brought this issue to their attention it would have been a pleasure for them to accommodate her, by allowing her to use their private facility. Everyone is entitled to their very own opinion but while being in an opinionated state please remember that it's an Inn and not a prestigious hotel.. I had a warm , fun filled stay and would definitely lodge there again... Thank you Dudley's :)

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank Nya27
Reviewed October 27, 2009

I travelled with a girlfriend of mine to Bala, in order to go to The Kee for a concert. As the concert fell upon the weekend, hotel/motel/Inn selection was limited. As there weren't any reviews online for Dudley's Inn, we assumed that it couldn't have been terrible. We were wrong.

We were running later than expected and called, while in transit, to advise that we were on our way. When we arrived, we called for service. A woman came to the door to check us in. She took the credit card information and initiated the payment while we filled out the vehicle information. She walked away, as we filled out the information. We finished. She didn't return. We waited. Called for service. No one came. Called again. A man came and told us that our room was unlocked.

I am still not sure what the pupose of the plastic bag tacked to the window frame could have been.

We entered. Very dated but we were simply looking for somewhere to unwind/shower/change/sleep before & after the concert. No worries.

We went for dinner, and returned to the Inn, to catch a quick nap. The A/C wouldn't quit - the room was freezing. Good thing we brought long sleeved shirts and pants. While resting, I noticed that it sounded as if there was an A/C running underneath by bed. I felt around, no air movement. Strange.

After a quick nap, my friend got up to grab a shower. There was no hot water? She went to the office to advise them of this fact. We were then told they were having an issue and they needed to gain access to our room to fix it. My bed was moved, the carpet pulled back, the floor pulled up and work commenced. The water was turned off to the entire Inn for the rest of the evening.

Luckily, I'd thought to bring baby wipes otherwise we wouldn't have had any way to tidy up. We had to cram into the two part bathroom in order to get dressed/ready, as the woman and the man were entering and leaving our room - hollering back and forth to one another through walkie-talkies.

We woke the following morning to find that there was still no hot water. We weren't offered any sort of compensation for our inconvenience.

Believe it or not, we stayed at the Bala Inn, the following night, for the same price which we paid for Dudley's Inn.

Needless to say, that was the first and the last time I stay at Dudley's Inn, Bala.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends