“Vary nice old Authentic real log style Inn”
Review of Dudley's Inn

Dudley's Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bala
Dudley's Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Bala B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 14, 2012

I enjoyed staying at Dudley's. The owner and his wife was vary helpful even found us a ride so we could leave the car in their parking lot. The fire pit out front was not expected but this made the stay in Bala one of the best times I have had at an Inn or motel. The room and bedding was clean. I don't know if all the rooms have air conditioners, refrigerators and eating tables but our did. We were able to save some money by eating at the fire pit and in our room. The cost of the room was vary fair not the cheapest in Muskoka but well worth it. It was not as expensive as some in the area. If you are looking for a new cookie cutter style motel chain don't stay there but if you want a real Authentic Muskoka log Inn to remember I would recommend Dudley's.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Birdergirl61

Reviewed September 30, 2011

My friend and I drove up to Bala for a concert early September and decided to stay here based on price alone. Unfortunately they weren't as close to the Kee as we were hoping. It was a decent size room and had all the necessities and even beyond with the fridge, coffee machine, tv , and full table. However we paid for two people.. And there were definitely three of us in that room. Yes I'm talking about a spirit and no I wasn't drunk. Nor was I the only one who saw it. I'm really curious to see if anyone else has had this experience in room #5 at dudleys. I mentioned this to the owner briefly and he just chuckles and told me he's never heard that before! All in all it was quite the experience. Very intrigued to go back. Bala is gorgeous!

• Stayed: September 2011
5  Thank Juliakshore
Reviewed August 24, 2010

We travelled there as a group on a motorcycle tour. We had planned to hit the Kee as well. The place is a 5 minute ride out of town and walkable in 20. Very clean and super commfy beds. The owner Joe and his wife were very accommodating! Everything we needed they were sure to supply, including shuttling us all down to the Kee! Joe had a great fire going in the firepit in the evening for us, and towels to dry the dew off our bikes in the morning. Couldn't of asked for more. We will return!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank ThisismynameSherman
Reviewed July 29, 2010

Best I've had in 40 years, and a pleasure doing business with. I have come to appreciate those who still take pride in what they do, my hats off to them. Would not hesitate to tell others of this charming motel. What other motel in Muskoka can you sit by an open fire after the sun goes down?

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank andrewo78
Reviewed July 24, 2010

I'm astonished that such a blatant review was made... I've had the pleasure to stay at Dudley's Inn and it was awesome. The place is not the most posh but very clean and the staff was very attentive.. I too noticed the bag over the window and like a mature, paying, concerned individual, I asked what it was for. I got a simple ;but worthy answer. The bag is placed over the window so that the birds wouldn't nest in that particular area. The writer claims that the bathroom was out of service and that she is thankful that she had baby wipes. Interesting! I'm certain that if she had brought this issue to their attention it would have been a pleasure for them to accommodate her, by allowing her to use their private facility. Everyone is entitled to their very own opinion but while being in an opinionated state please remember that it's an Inn and not a prestigious hotel.. I had a warm , fun filled stay and would definitely lodge there again... Thank you Dudley's :)

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank Nya27
Reviewed October 27, 2009

I travelled with a girlfriend of mine to Bala, in order to go to The Kee for a concert. As the concert fell upon the weekend, hotel/motel/Inn selection was limited. As there weren't any reviews online for Dudley's Inn, we assumed that it couldn't have been terrible. We were wrong.

We were running later than expected and called, while in transit, to advise that we were on our way. When we arrived, we called for service. A woman came to the door to check us in. She took the credit card information and initiated the payment while we filled out the vehicle information. She walked away, as we filled out the information. We finished. She didn't return. We waited. Called for service. No one came. Called again. A man came and told us that our room was unlocked.

I am still not sure what the pupose of the plastic bag tacked to the window frame could have been.

We entered. Very dated but we were simply looking for somewhere to unwind/shower/change/sleep before & after the concert. No worries.

We went for dinner, and returned to the Inn, to catch a quick nap. The A/C wouldn't quit - the room was freezing. Good thing we brought long sleeved shirts and pants. While resting, I noticed that it sounded as if there was an A/C running underneath by bed. I felt around, no air movement. Strange.

After a quick nap, my friend got up to grab a shower. There was no hot water? She went to the office to advise them of this fact. We were then told they were having an issue and they needed to gain access to our room to fix it. My bed was moved, the carpet pulled back, the floor pulled up and work commenced. The water was turned off to the entire Inn for the rest of the evening.

Luckily, I'd thought to bring baby wipes otherwise we wouldn't have had any way to tidy up. We had to cram into the two part bathroom in order to get dressed/ready, as the woman and the man were entering and leaving our room - hollering back and forth to one another through walkie-talkies.

We woke the following morning to find that there was still no hot water. We weren't offered any sort of compensation for our inconvenience.

Believe it or not, we stayed at the Bala Inn, the following night, for the same price which we paid for Dudley's Inn.

Needless to say, that was the first and the last time I stay at Dudley's Inn, Bala.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
6  Thank just_another_siren

Been to Dudley's Inn? Share your experiences!