Review Highlights
Whale watching

Had a great day with Magdalena Bay Whales. Martin, our captain was terrific as he not only got us... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
Michael B
via mobile
Impressive customer service

Just a quick note about customer service - due to a medical emergency we were forced to cancel our... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
SpiritAsJeff
Santa Rosa, California

All reviews captain marco sand dunes whale camp whale watching baby whale shrimp bird sanctuary late february air mattress next morning spent one night delicious breakfast whale trip la paz unbelievable experience within feet boat launch
Reviewed July 2, 2016

Had a great time going to do it again, Marco was very attentive to details of my trip. Camp was good I did fish a bit from shore, Marco was able to find my prior fishing guide. The boats were nice , always on time and they were respectful of the whales and babys.the camp was nice and laid back I got to meet some children from local village, I brought a few soccer balls and base ball stuff,how fun to watch them play. Lobster , lobster lobster, they cook all well, brought my own coffee, and a french press, they thought that was funny, there was a fesfivile in town on my last day when I went back to San carlos, even with all the activity I was treated well and my Spanish sucks. But I came alone, but I was never lonley. What a great time I'll go again.

Reviewed July 1, 2016

I got detail instruction from Marco about how to go there and he helps me to arrange the whole accommendation for my big group. The whole grey whale trip is amazing. At the beginning we though bird watching is as common as normal, but I am supersized when I arrive at that bird island. Thousands of birds fly at the same time. Highly recommended.

1  Thank 斌 姜
Reviewed June 23, 2016

My daughter told me she will never forget the experience. How exciting it was to be able to do this with her classmates! The people were very friendly. The whales were amazing.

Date of experience: April 2016
1  Thank Two Rivers Comm... b
Reviewed April 23, 2016

My friend Marguerite and I arrived at Puerto San Carlos after dark on 21 February 2016. After calling the Hotel Villas Isabela, we were met and made our way through the town to the hotel. The Isabela is not fancy, but a friendly and more than adequate place to stay while getting ready to see the whales. Their restaurant serves food that is tasty and inexpensive. While English is not spoken by all of the staff, it was not a problem.
We rose early the next morning for a good breakfast. We drove to where the boats meet the tourists for the trip into Magdalena Bay. The weather was calm and clear. Marguerite and I were the only passengers in an open fiberglass boat powered by an outboard motor. The boat was about 20 feet long. It made good speed into the bay. We went toward some other boats that appeared to have found a whale. It was a female with her baby. We did not get very close to them, but could see them clearly as they surfaced for air. After following them for a while, our 'Captain' decided to take us to another location. We traveled for 15-20 minutes across the bay to where another boat was located. We soon saw the spouting of a whale as she surfaced. It was another female and baby. Eventually, eleven boats were around them. They did not seem disturbed by us and swam close to the boats. Several people were able to touch them. The baby swam under our boat. It was difficult to gauge how deep it was, but I would estimate perhaps 10 feet under us. The baby nudged the back of one of the boats with his/her nose. Even the baby was not small, probably10 to 15 feet long. I was able to take many pictures of both the baby and mother. The Bay is about 90 feet deep where we were with the whales. Around 11, we left the other boats and headed toward a large island where a restaurant was located. We ordered lunch. Marguerite had white fish and I had Langostino. Both meals were excellent. A salad, rice or beans and homemade tortillas are included. The lunch is not included in the price of the whale watching trip. After lunch, we visited a sand island. Unfortunately, our boat was caught in the sand by the outgoing tide. With the help of a passing boatman, we were able to push our boat away from the sand and made our way back to Puerto San Carlos. Following a needed late afternoon nap, we had an excellent dinner. After breakfast the next morning, we left in our rented Fiat 500 C for the drive back south to San Jose del Cabo.
It was a great experience and Captain Marco Antonio was an wonderful host. His English is excellent. I highly recommend using his services to see the whales of Magdalena Bay.
Eldon Albertson eealbertson@rtinet.com

3  Thank eealbertson
Reviewed April 15, 2016

Hi,
we want to say thanks for all. Was a nice contact with you. We had a reservation for 2 Nights in the Camp.
Thanks that you have been so honest to us and informed us that there are only a few whales were remaining in the bay and we could cancel our reservation only a couple of days before. Everything ran perfect with it.
We can´t say anything about the Camp due to we had to cancel, but we would highly recommend Magdalena Bay Whales for our experiences we made so far.
We will definitely try again if we go back to BCS. 
Greetings Benjamin + Irmi