“Great experience for nature lovers”

Magdalena Bay Whales
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Magdalena Bay Whales - Your Adventure Our Passion . . .Is family owned & Operated "Proudly Creating Life-Long Memories" for morethan 23,000 people in the past 32 plus years .You will have the privilege to embark on a interactive adventure through the majestic ever glade waters of " Magdalena Bay" with father Crispin (Whale King) or one of his 3 sons that with " Grand Passion" follow in his foot steps.Having fish & sailed these waters for more than 30 some years , we are intimately familiar and have learn to care & respect our waters, from San Carlos to Puerto Lopez Mateo , South to Isla Magdalena , Alcatraz & Beyond the Pacific . . . Magdalena Bay Our aquarium . Three Reasons Why1. Will personally make contact through Email or a phone call & give you all the info ,facts & tips that you must know about your whale & Eco tour adventure . . .2. It will be a privilege for my dad ( Whale King) , My self (Whale Whisper)one of our licensed & certified guides. To share our passion and knowledge about the majestic grey whales & world class Magdalena Bay. You will have a great experience allowing us to be your personal guides.3. And last but not least , we will not charge you a dime until you 'SEE" a whale at a minimum of 30-35 meters from our boat ... Thanks Capt Marco
Reviewed July 10, 2016

We organized this experience from Italy just contacting Marco by e-mail. He gave us all the information we needed about the trip to Puerto San Carlos and the experience with whales and turtles. Puerto San Carlos is a little dusty village settled in the marvellous landscape of Baia Magdalena. We had two great days out with whales and one with turtles and we've been very lucky because each day we saw whales (we also kissed a baby whale!) and we caught a turtle to tag and name it and released it into the wild. It was so exciting! Hotel Villas Isabela is a very simple accommodation, but has a great atmosphere and the staff is very hosting (thanks to all the girls who work there, best huevos rancheros in Baja California!). If you're looking for luxurious places or night entertainment, it's not the place for you. Instead, if you love nature, you can't miss it!!!

1  Thank Daniela B
"loves his job"
"tourist boats"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed July 2, 2016

Had a great time going to do it again, Marco was very attentive to details of my trip. Camp was good I did fish a bit from shore, Marco was able to find my prior fishing guide. The boats were nice , always on time and they were respectful of the whales and babys.the camp was nice and laid back I got to meet some children from local village, I brought a few soccer balls and base ball stuff,how fun to watch them play. Lobster , lobster lobster, they cook all well, brought my own coffee, and a french press, they thought that was funny, there was a fesfivile in town on my last day when I went back to San carlos, even with all the activity I was treated well and my Spanish sucks. But I came alone, but I was never lonley. What a great time I'll go again.

Reviewed July 1, 2016

I got detail instruction from Marco about how to go there and he helps me to arrange the whole accommendation for my big group. The whole grey whale trip is amazing. At the beginning we though bird watching is as common as normal, but I am supersized when I arrive at that bird island. Thousands of birds fly at the same time. Highly recommended.

1  Thank 斌 姜
Reviewed June 23, 2016

My daughter told me she will never forget the experience. How exciting it was to be able to do this with her classmates! The people were very friendly. The whales were amazing.

1  Thank Two Rivers Comm... b
See more reviews
Reviewed April 23, 2016

My friend Marguerite and I arrived at Puerto San Carlos after dark on 21 February 2016. After calling the Hotel Villas Isabela, we were met and made our way through the town to the hotel. The Isabela is not fancy, but a friendly and more than adequate place to stay while getting ready to see the whales. Their restaurant serves food that is tasty and inexpensive. While English is not spoken by all of the staff, it was not a problem.
We rose early the next morning for a good breakfast. We drove to where the boats meet the tourists for the trip into Magdalena Bay. The weather was calm and clear. Marguerite and I were the only passengers in an open fiberglass boat powered by an outboard motor. The boat was about 20 feet long. It made good speed into the bay. We went toward some other boats that appeared to have found a whale. It was a female with her baby. We did not get very close to them, but could see them clearly as they surfaced for air. After following them for a while, our 'Captain' decided to take us to another location. We traveled for 15-20 minutes across the bay to where another boat was located. We soon saw the spouting of a whale as she surfaced. It was another female and baby. Eventually, eleven boats were around them. They did not seem disturbed by us and swam close to the boats. Several people were able to touch them. The baby swam under our boat. It was difficult to gauge how deep it was, but I would estimate perhaps 10 feet under us. The baby nudged the back of one of the boats with his/her nose. Even the baby was not small, probably10 to 15 feet long. I was able to take many pictures of both the baby and mother. The Bay is about 90 feet deep where we were with the whales. Around 11, we left the other boats and headed toward a large island where a restaurant was located. We ordered lunch. Marguerite had white fish and I had Langostino. Both meals were excellent. A salad, rice or beans and homemade tortillas are included. The lunch is not included in the price of the whale watching trip. After lunch, we visited a sand island. Unfortunately, our boat was caught in the sand by the outgoing tide. With the help of a passing boatman, we were able to push our boat away from the sand and made our way back to Puerto San Carlos. Following a needed late afternoon nap, we had an excellent dinner. After breakfast the next morning, we left in our rented Fiat 500 C for the drive back south to San Jose del Cabo.
It was a great experience and Captain Marco Antonio was an wonderful host. His English is excellent. I highly recommend using his services to see the whales of Magdalena Bay.
Eldon Albertson eealbertson@rtinet.com