“Second Time a Charm!”

Royal Decameron Complex
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Bucerias
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed February 4, 2005

January 8th to 22nd/2005....Starting with the check in right up to check out, the Royal Decameron did their utmost to ensure our stay was terrific....and it surely was. This is our second trip there since 2003 and this time we travelled with five others. No one was disappointed. We are fairly well travelled and find that this resort gives more "bang for the buck" than any other place we've been. We got the block and floor we asked for; the food was varied and tasty...always something to eat.....and burgers were freshly made and delicious. The pools were clean, entertainment superior, spectacular stretch of beach, dolphins and whales entertaining right in front of the hotel, staff was always eager to please, proximity to Bucerias and an authentic Mexican experience was a fifteen minute walk away.....what more could one ask for? This resort delivers far more than I know any of us paid for!

27  Thank dennise
There are newer reviews for Royal Decameron Complex

Chicago, IL
Reviewed February 3, 2005

This is Ali from Chicago.

I went to the Royal over the 2003-2004 New Years. The only reason I am writing this review in 2005 is that I am going to Mexico again this year for a friends wedding and I just starting researching and ran across the Royal Decam and thought I would give my 2cents.

I can honestly say that I have nothing to complain about. I agree that the restaurants were GOOD, not great. The staff was VERY NICE and the rooms were cleaned daily.

Beach was excellent! They do have a Disco, but you know, it's called a Disco for a reason. Good place for ages 16-21.

Lets see..I have also been to the Riu Jalisco and in comparing the two, I would say that I would rate the two the Same. I did like the Swim up bar action at the RIU. But the atmosphere was the same.

You know..after reading reviews I realized that EVERY SINGLE PLACE gets some bad reviews and some good..but what people should get out of each review is to get an idea of what TO EXPECT and be prepared for the bad so you know how to deal with the problems if they come up and be prepared AHEAD of time.

MAKE IT FUN NO MATTER WHAT!

9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Minnesota
Reviewed February 2, 2005

We just returned from the Royal Decameron in Bucerias Mexico. It was a good stay. As mentioned by another reviewer, they do not provide shampoo, conditioner or other amenities, a small inconvienience. The grounds are lovely. They are slow to clean rooms, so plan on a late check-in. The beach area is very nice- on the Pacific side, so the waves are powerful and the sand more coarse. Pools are very clean. The buffet food is adequate. Breakfast items cold, but they do have "eggs to order". Walk down the street to Sandrina's for a lovely gourmet meal in a quiet garden setting. Our meal for 3 with two drinks, salad, soup, meal and dessert was 870 pesos. The Italian restaurant "Piccolo" was phenomenal and leagues ahead of the others in quality and service. Standing in line to reserve for dinner in the restaurants a bit of a hassle, but I do not see a better way. The line moved quickly. There is an internet service room with 5 computers you can use for 50 pesos per hour. They do not have Word or Powerpoint for those of you doing college on-line. There are other places such as Sandrinas who also have internet for free if you purchase a meal. Taxi to Puerto Vallarta is 170-180 pesos (about $20 usd if you tip). Better to ride the bus. Easy to do, and a wonderful cultural experience with the mariachi riding and playing. We were glad we were in Bucerias, which WAS a small quiet town with cobblestone streets. Puerto Vallarta is not. Visit the "flea market" in Puerto Vallarta to do souvenir and jewelry shopping.

14  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 30, 2005

My fiance and I stayed at the Royal Decameron in December of 2004. We have nothing but great things to say about the hotel. The food was great, the grounds are impeccable and the hotel itself is very well maintained. FYI - we stayed in building number 4.

The staff are next to none - they are constantly trying to please. And, if you're in to social activities, there is plenty to do.

If you're looking to be right in the centre of the action that P.V. has to offer, this hotel may not be for you (downtown P.V. is about a 15-20 minute cab ride). However, if you're looking for a great hotel, for a great price, on a beautiful section of beach that is in no way overcrowded or laden with aggressive vendors, then this is the place to go.

A great bonus is the proximity to Bucerias. There's a quaint little market, charming town and great cheap restaurants. Great place to venture off for some fresh ocean catches.

All in all, a wonderfully relaxing vacation. I highly recommend the Royal Decameron and already have plans to return next winter.

One last piece of advise - don't put too much stock in the nay sayers. Some people are just born complainers!

21  Thank JHuneToronto
Reviewed January 27, 2005

Just got back from RD and we loved it. My wife and I both 30 years old, are very active when we go on vacation. This place is good for both the veggie people and the active people out there.

All rooms have balconies or main floor flats. The building are setup great, with only one room levels so no back side blocking views. Nice touch. All food and drinks are great and are lots to be found. Beach A-, a little rocky but can find great clear points.

The hotel is NOT is Nuevo but is in Bucerious a small fishing village less than a mile away. Great walk by the way. Its really better than Nuevo because of Bucerious has markets and things to do, other than vegg at the beach. They also have bucket beers there for $5 US for 5 beers Coronia or Pacifico.

The only beefs I had was the lines in the morning for the special resturaunts. Its about an hour wait, if you are there at 9:30. Starts taking reservations at 10am+ 7days=7hrs of waisted time. The special food is great but don't let it waist you time. If you are a sleeper, no worries. BUFFET !!!

We eat out at least three times for the week for the experience, and I suggest PiPi's downtown. Great Mexican, Magaritia's too..... BIG!
Other beef about food issue is there is no cancellation walk-up's which sucks. We ate twice in the Stake House & Italian place and both had 2-3 open tables. I added that to the suggestion cards :)
Anyway, you will love it if you are not expecting the best......
We've been all over Mexico, Caribbean, US, Canada and I would give this place a B+ on the resort. Location a A- and Atmosphere A+

Hope this helps, I'll be adding pictures to my site if you would like to see...... just got home so give me a day or 2.

homepage.mac.com/mattysalyer

28  Thank DMB1975
BC
Reviewed January 26, 2005

My husband and I just returned from the Royal Decameron last week. I had read many reviews about the hotel before leaving and most were positive. The hotel surpassed all of our expectations. The hotel grounds are beautiful with lots of space to walk around and the beach area is huge allowing for long walks on the beach.The rooms were nothing fancy but the were clean and the maid service was great. The resteraunts offered a large variety of food and the entertainment staff was a blast. We visited a few other resorts in the area and right in Puerto Vallarta but none compared to Royal Decameron. I will be staying there again and recommending it to my friends.

10  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 23, 2005

My two grown daughters and I surprised my husband with a trip for the first time to Mexico. We spent Christmas and New Years, Awesome. Our travel agent made the Royal Decameron a great choice for us. We were very excited of the ammenities with the great selection of food, (Restaurants galore), pools, the spacious beach, and many many bars. The staff were friendly, helpful and the resort is very, very clean. The price is right. For a crowded time of year, never once were we waiting in a line-up. Awesome Place for a holiday. We will be back.

11  Thank Susan M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bucerias
Villa del Palmar Flamingos Beach Resort & Spa Riviera Nayarit
Hotel Riu Palace Pacifico
#13 of 28 in Nuevo Vallarta
Samba Vallarta All Inclusive
Paradise Village Beach Resort & Spa

Been to Royal Decameron Complex? Share your experiences!