Absolutley loved it and already planning on returning.
Went with hubby to celebrate our 15th anniversary(left the kids at home). The resort is big, but still comfortable. I was a little worried about the food from reading some of the other reviews, but I can assure you the food was better than average. We were never disappointed or bored with the cuisine. The Steakhose (Rodizzio) was an experience as well as a meal. (you must go hungry and like Meat) They bring 6 different meats (all succulent) to your table on a big sword and cut pieces off for you. The buffets had a different theme every evening so always different and on Thursday it is Mexican Fiesta night with Marachi bands etc.
The beach was huge and never had problem getting a chair, The beach vendors were friendly, not aggressive and had plenty of activites. The Vendors also have a hut right on the beach you can shop at, but I do recommend going to the market in PV or Bucerias just for the adventure.
There were Iguanas and Gehkos on the premises, which make it interesting and they also do a feeding with them on Wed, which include free pictures with some huge (5-^ft) Iguanas.
The evening shows were fabulous, not chessy at all. Very, very talanted dancers. (the performers were not the staff that you seen all day at the resort, there only job was to reherse and perform)
Staff was always friendly (Mexicans know how what Customer Service is all about, it puts the rest of us to shame).
Many activites on site. They always seem to keep the kids entertained. The had a craft table that you could paint ceramics and they would fire it for you to pick up the next day (They do touch ups for you in the evening so when you pick it up the next morning, you absolutley amazed.(great confidence booster for kids). My husband I spent 4 hours here and brought home an amazing plate and mask that is a great keep sake as it has special meaning in that we contributed to its design.
The rooms were all slightly different depending on what block you were in. We stayed in block 4 which is very central to everything. Very basic room, no clocks, but really you just shower and sleep there so what do you need. The air conditioner worked well. Block 1 is on the beach, which is where we had hope to be, however, after talking with guest that were in Block 1 who stated it was hard to sleep as the crashing waves were very loud. Block 5 is in the adult section which has newer rooms however, you a farther from the bach and block 6 is even further still. I would recommend you try and get in , 2 3 or 4 if possible.
I really don't have anything negative to say abouth the place. I really don't know where some of the others are coming from or what they were expecting but I found this resort to be a solid 4 star.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Decameron Complex composed of three hotel units: Flamingos, Tropical and Royal, is located 20 minutes from Puerto Vallarta International Airport on the most exciting and extensive beach of the beautiful Bay of Banderas in the typical Mexican town of Bucerias in Riviera Nayarit. The colorful architecture of the Royal Decameron Complex offers 5 swimming pools, 4 of which are suitable for children, and long stretch of beach where you can enjoy different activities, non-motorized water sports and bar services. You can also enjoy a large number of buffet and a la carte options with specialized restaurants including: JAP JAP, Wok, MexicanoFusion, Piccolo and Steak House, among others. We also offer 6 bars along the beach and beside the swimming pools. The Royal Decameron Complex also has other installations like the Vallarta disco, 3 tennis courts, one soccer pitch and a fun Kids Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Royal Decameron Complex reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Decameron Vallarta
- Royal Decameron Hotel
- Royal Decameron Puerto Vallarta Bucerias
- Royal Decameron Mexico
- Royal Decameron Puerto Vallarta Mexico
- Royal Decameron Complex Puerto Vallarta
- Royal De Cameron
- Royal Decameron Nuevo Vallarta
- Royal Decameron Puerto Vallarta Hotel
- Puerto Vallarta Royal Decameron