Our family just returned from a week at the Royal Decameron. We stayed June 28 - July 5th. This was our third visit to the RDC in the last six years and we have never been disappointed. The resort is still very clean and well kept, with immaculate grounds. The staff is wonderful. The food isn't five star, but is plenty good enough, and the drinks are good and flow freely. There are several very clean pools, so you can always find a quiet spot, or a loud spot, or an active spot -- whatever your vacationing heart desires. This trip, family that we traveled with had a few issues with their room, as did we, but the staff were friendly and helpful while all problems were resolved. The weather wasn't fantastic, but we still had a wonderful time.
We ate at the Piccolo, which was very good as always, as well as the Rodizio and the Wok. The Rodizio is a meat extravaganza and can be of varying quality. The Wok was not good, but it wasn't bad either. I don't think I'd eat at the Wok again, and that was the consensus among the seven of us that ate there.
I won't comment much on the entertainment because it isn't really my cup of tea anyway. I went to two shows and both were consistent with the entertainment I've seen elsewhere in Vallarta and in Cuba.
My only complaint - and it isn't the resorts' fault - is that the resort was overrun with 300 high school grads. All in all, they were fairly well mannered and not too bothersome, though many were extremely drunk. The problem was that, as teenagers do, they traveled in herds. So, wherever they showed up, you had no choice but to put up with the drunken noise or relocate. We stayed in Building Five, far from the beach, and luckily the S-Trip crowd never made it that far. Otherwise, a great trip and a great resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Decameron Complex composed of three hotel units: Flamingos, Tropical and Royal, is located 20 minutes from Puerto Vallarta International Airport on the most exciting and extensive beach of the beautiful Bay of Banderas in the typical Mexican town of Bucerias in Riviera Nayarit. The colorful architecture of the Royal Decameron Complex offers 5 swimming pools, 4 of which are suitable for children, and long stretch of beach where you can enjoy different activities, non-motorized water sports and bar services. You can also enjoy a large number of buffet and a la carte options with specialized restaurants including: JAP JAP, Wok, MexicanoFusion, Piccolo and Steak House, among others. We also offer 6 bars along the beach and beside the swimming pools. The Royal Decameron Complex also has other installations like the Vallarta disco, 3 tennis courts, one soccer pitch and a fun Kids Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Travelocity and Low Cost Holidays so you can book your Royal Decameron Complex reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Decameron Vallarta
- Royal Decameron Hotel
- Royal Decameron Puerto Vallarta Bucerias
- Royal Decameron Mexico
- Royal Decameron Puerto Vallarta Mexico
- Royal Decameron Complex Puerto Vallarta
- Royal De Cameron
- Royal Decameron Nuevo Vallarta
- Royal Decameron Puerto Vallarta Hotel
- Puerto Vallarta Royal Decameron