We have just returned from the Royal Decameron in Bucerias after a two week holiday mid june 2014. We staed in Block 4 room 4229 looking over the garden accross from the main restaurant. We had a lovely time here but found the humidity too high for our liking. The hotel is run exceptionally well with cleaning and maintenance being carried out to very good standards all the time. The food in the main restaurants was acceptable but could get a little boring after two weeks.
We had great difficulty booking the evening a la carte, the system is you have to be at the booking desk for the 8a.m. booking. I arrived before 7.30a.m. and the lady who was carrying out the bookings had already given out 50 tickets to people already queing. These 50 tickets where attended to first when it came to 8a.m. and in numerical order where guests could book for two day for evening meals. The available seating was soon taken up with many within the 50 not getting seating. I left before all 50 tickets where attended to as it was apparent that I would not be getting any of the restaurants in the next two days. Not a happy bunny!!
The other compaint with this hotel is the sunbeds which although they are washed down on a daily basis they do not have any soft covers on, just the basic hard plastic beds to lay on - not good. Many guests where buying floatation beds to put on top of the sunbeds to give them some comfort.
Overall this is a nice resort with a well run hotel at a good value, the staff always pleasant and attentative to your needs.
Maybe we went at the wrong time of year with it being the rainy season which contributed to the high humidity. Hopefully if we do consider to return, the management will have done something about sunbed comfort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Decameron Complex composed of three hotel units: Flamingos, Tropical and Royal, is located 20 minutes from Puerto Vallarta International Airport on the most exciting and extensive beach of the beautiful Bay of Banderas in the typical Mexican town of Bucerias in Riviera Nayarit. The colorful architecture of the Royal Decameron Complex offers 5 swimming pools, 4 of which are suitable for children, and long stretch of beach where you can enjoy different activities, non-motorized water sports and bar services. You can also enjoy a large number of buffet and a la carte options with specialized restaurants including: JAP JAP, Wok, MexicanoFusion, Piccolo and Steak House, among others. We also offer 6 bars along the beach and beside the swimming pools. The Royal Decameron Complex also has other installations like the Vallarta disco, 3 tennis courts, one soccer pitch and a fun Kids Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Cancelon, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Orbitz and BookIt.com so you can book your Royal Decameron Complex reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Decameron Vallarta
- Royal Decameron Hotel
- Royal Decameron Puerto Vallarta Bucerias
- Royal Decameron Mexico
- Royal Decameron Puerto Vallarta Mexico
- Royal Decameron Complex Puerto Vallarta
- Royal De Cameron
- Royal Decameron Nuevo Vallarta
- Royal Decameron Puerto Vallarta Hotel
- Puerto Vallarta Royal Decameron