My 20 year old daughter and I stayed at the Royal Decameron for 2 weeks in April and had a terrific time. A trip to remember forever. There was such a variety of people and things to do that we were both very happy with our holiday. The resort was clean and well kept with friendly, helpful staff, lots of fun activities and a super location. We went kayaking and sailing in the catamarans. The night time shows were amazing, what variety --choreographed dancing, singing, comedy, mime... You name it, they did it. What talented staff! We enjoyed the food, both the buffets and the a la carte restaurants. We were willing to take the 8:30 sitting so had no trouble getting a reservation.
We stayed in Block 5 with the adult only pool and at first thought that we might want to be closer to the beach and activities. After a few days we decided we were really happy with our location. We had the opportunity to look at some other rooms and Block 5 rooms were nicer. We always spent the end of the day at the adult pool and so we were right there at our room to go up and shower and get ready for dinner and the evening. It really worked out great for us.
We were very glad that we chose a resort that was within a short walk of a village (15 minutes to Bucerias by road or beach). We walked into the village several times and enjoyed experiencing the local community. Prices at the market in Bucerias were better than at the resort or in Puerto Vallarta and people there were friendly and happy for the business.
We also took the local bus into Puerto Vallarta (45 mins.). It was easy to figure out and only 15 pesos each way. Puerto Vallarta is interesting but very busy and full of tourists, so we were always glad to return to the Royal Decameron.
Yes, the beds are very firm but we were always tired from a full day and slept well. The rooms including bedding and towels were good and they do provide large beach towels so you don't need to pack your own. It's wise to bring an alarm clock in case you have to get up early to go on a tour.
We went on the Jungle Tour, very well organized, informative and fun with the bonus of meeting some great people. My daughter went on the Canopy Tour and it was a big hit!! We don't recommend the snorkeling trip, well not if your expectations are high, visibility was poor and with so many people getting in the water at the same time there is not much chance of seeing a lot of fish! But, the trip around the bay in the boat was a nice way to spend the day.
I would definitely return and hope to do so with my husband soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Decameron Complex composed of three hotel units: Flamingos, Tropical and Royal, is located 20 minutes from Puerto Vallarta International Airport on the most exciting and extensive beach of the beautiful Bay of Banderas in the typical Mexican town of Bucerias in Riviera Nayarit. The colorful architecture of the Royal Decameron Complex offers 5 swimming pools, 4 of which are suitable for children, and long stretch of beach where you can enjoy different activities, non-motorized water sports and bar services. You can also enjoy a large number of buffet and a la carte options with specialized restaurants including: JAP JAP, Wok, MexicanoFusion, Piccolo and Steak House, among others. We also offer 6 bars along the beach and beside the swimming pools. The Royal Decameron Complex also has other installations like the Vallarta disco, 3 tennis courts, one soccer pitch and a fun Kids Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Royal Decameron Complex reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Decameron Vallarta
- Royal Decameron Hotel
- Royal Decameron Puerto Vallarta Bucerias
- Royal Decameron Mexico
- Royal Decameron Puerto Vallarta Mexico
- Royal Decameron Complex Puerto Vallarta
- Royal De Cameron
- Royal Decameron Nuevo Vallarta
- Royal Decameron Puerto Vallarta Hotel
- Puerto Vallarta Royal Decameron