We had got a really good deal on this resort and booked it last minute. I can say that we got significantly more than we paid for. I have read some negative reviews on trip advisor and some things are misleading or blatantly not true. I will address some of these.
The water is very warms and sometimes a little rough. That can be fun too. There are beach vendors. You just tell them no and they go away. They are not aggressive. Its a public beach and they have a job to do. The beach chairs are a hard plastic and you will need a cushion, like an air mattress or something.
Also very warm. They close at 8pm. Its no big deal. Also, there were many Mexican locals there and they were great. They did not send their kids to play in the adult pools. Some of the Canadians were drunk and obnoxious. There were elderly French Canadian Women there who were completely drunk and an embarrassment to Canada. Old people cussing at each other loudly is not a pretty site.
-It was very good. I would give it about a 7.5/10
-They changed the buffet for every dinner. There were themes
-The A la cartes were OK. You could go as often as you want, you just had to reserve early in the morning.
-In my opinion, the best a la carte is Rodizzio (Brazilian type). Piccolo is the fanciest and most coveted, but over-rated. I still suggest you go though.
-the bartenders are fast and efficient.
-the drinks are great.
-bring your own container or you get a small plastic up. Buy a "Bubba" container. They work the best
-they have a show every night at their outdoor theatre
-the indoor disco (very nice) opens afterwards
-very basic, all you need
-my only complaint is the mattress, it was in need of replacement.
-bring your own shampoo, face cream and whatever else you need. You get a bar of soap, towels and 1 litre of water a day
In short, if you get an awesome deal, go. We are glad we took it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Decameron Complex composed of three hotel units: Flamingos, Tropical and Royal, is located 20 minutes from Puerto Vallarta International Airport on the most exciting and extensive beach of the beautiful Bay of Banderas in the typical Mexican town of Bucerias in Riviera Nayarit. The colorful architecture of the Royal Decameron Complex offers 5 swimming pools, 4 of which are suitable for children, and long stretch of beach where you can enjoy different activities, non-motorized water sports and bar services. You can also enjoy a large number of buffet and a la carte options with specialized restaurants including: JAP JAP, Wok, MexicanoFusion, Piccolo and Steak House, among others. We also offer 6 bars along the beach and beside the swimming pools. The Royal Decameron Complex also has other installations like the Vallarta disco, 3 tennis courts, one soccer pitch and a fun Kids Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, BookIt.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Despegar.com, Odigeo, Priceline and Orbitz so you can book your Royal Decameron Complex reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Decameron Vallarta
- Royal Decameron Hotel
- Royal Decameron Puerto Vallarta Bucerias
- Royal Decameron Mexico
- Royal Decameron Puerto Vallarta Mexico
- Royal Decameron Complex Puerto Vallarta
- Royal De Cameron
- Royal Decameron Nuevo Vallarta
- Royal Decameron Puerto Vallarta Hotel
- Puerto Vallarta Royal Decameron