My husband, daughter, and I, as well as 70 friends and family, just returned from a 2 week visit to the resort for my sister in law's wedding. We had an AMAZING time! We enjoyed everything about the resort, from the 5 pools scattered throughout the grounds, to the incredibly friendly staff, to the gorgeous location.
We had no problems checking in, and when a few family members wanted to switch from ground floor to higher level rooms, not a problem at all, and they were moved the next day. With our 8 month old daughter, we enjoyed the main floor room in building 6, as it allowed the two of us to come and go while our daughter napped in the room. We even had Rueben, the bartender at the pool bar, bring us drinks on our patio one night!
Info for families with children: They offer a mommy package at no cost, including a playpen for sleeping, baby bathtub, and bottle warmer. It was offered to me at check in. Building 6 is very quiet, has a huge section of the pool only 50 cms deep, and seemed to be the newest in terms of furnishings. There are high chairs at each restaurant, and they allow little children at the 6:00 and 6:30 seatings at the a la carte restaurants. Yes, building 6 is further from the beach, but at most it's a 5 minute walk away.
General info : There are a ton of loungers around each pool and at the beach, so we never had a problem finding somewhere to sit. Food at the buffets is good, and changed regularly. Omelette station every morning, deli counter (better than subway) every lunch, and changing station for dinners, depending on the night's theme. If you get tired of the buffets, you can walk into Bucerias in about 20 minutes and find a great variety of restaurants. Wifi is available, best in the lobby bar, but if people are using skype or facetime, it can be sketchy at times. Usually pretty good though. The grounds are very well kept, most staff speak pretty decent english, and are eager to please. We're seasoned travellers, and I don't think we had any problems at all this trip.
As for all the negative comments people leave, I think most are due to people expecting 5 star service when they didn't pay to stay at a 5 star resort. Remember, you're going to Mexico, so you can't expect all staff to speak perfect English. Your room won't be intricately decorated, but all you do is sleep there anyways, so why does it matter?? Spend your time in the sun, on the beach, in the pools, and at the restaurants and bars, and you'll have an amazing holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Decameron Complex composed of three hotel units: Flamingos, Tropical and Royal, is located 20 minutes from Puerto Vallarta International Airport on the most exciting and extensive beach of the beautiful Bay of Banderas in the typical Mexican town of Bucerias in Riviera Nayarit. The colorful architecture of the Royal Decameron Complex offers 5 swimming pools, 4 of which are suitable for children, and long stretch of beach where you can enjoy different activities, non-motorized water sports and bar services. You can also enjoy a large number of buffet and a la carte options with specialized restaurants including: JAP JAP, Wok, MexicanoFusion, Piccolo and Steak House, among others. We also offer 6 bars along the beach and beside the swimming pools. The Royal Decameron Complex also has other installations like the Vallarta disco, 3 tennis courts, one soccer pitch and a fun Kids Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cancelon and Hotwire so you can book your Royal Decameron Complex reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Decameron Vallarta
- Royal Decameron Hotel
- Royal Decameron Puerto Vallarta Bucerias
- Royal Decameron Mexico
- Royal Decameron Puerto Vallarta Mexico
- Royal Decameron Complex Puerto Vallarta
- Royal De Cameron
- Royal Decameron Nuevo Vallarta
- Royal Decameron Puerto Vallarta Hotel
- Puerto Vallarta Royal Decameron