My daughter and I returned our second time for the week of Oct 19 - Oct 26th. Our vacation was fabulous again. The number of staff members making comments to us welcoming us back was touching and sincere. We were lucky to have escaped the nearby hurricane Raymond affecting southern Puerto Vallarta & Ixtapa region, however, humidity was high.
The bright colored buildings add to the charm of this hacienda style complex. As this is my 4th time vacationing here everything was as expected and this is half the charm.
We booked in Bloc 6 , as the rooms are larger and newer than all the rest and is quite and lush with palm trees. With the shape of the pools and greenbelt attached it's similar to Hawaiin landscape. Attached is its own bar , not swim up La Diligencia , and towel exchange ,so handy enough.
Block 5 is steps away by a corridor and there we meet our friends to swim as its adult only there, and enforced.You could have breakfast and lunch at the buffets in Bloc 5 and a couple great bartenders at Keiko bar.Behind building 5 is grass, banyon trees and a tennis court.
Also a large group of Iguanas live here. Daily at 12:30 they are fed lunch by hand. Its interesting and a great photo opp to witness them descending from the trees to munch lettuce and watermelon, papaya left overs.
There are so many different places to mingle, lounge or party at this resort. The Beach is long going either direction and a walk back from Bucerias is a must do!
Take advantage of the complimentary boogie boards and the catameran trips and you will sail along the beachfront to close to Bucerias and a different perspective.
Several daily activities to partake in are at the front of the resort looking at the beach and Playa Fiesta bar that serves till 1am nightly. Good vantage point for the sunsets here too.
The Las Tortugas Tropical Restaurant has a pizza oven but they make quiznos style subs your way. Then an ice cream trolley with toppings of your choice.
The seaside views at Flamingos Restaurant buffet is nice. The selections are more authentic Mexican and feature different regions daily. Vera Cruz fish really great.
The Lounge Bar has great wifi connections and its free along side a beverage in a glass, nice !
There are alot of comments I have read that others have found making the ala carte dinner reservations a tedious thing, nothing worse than setting an alarm for it. lol.
Here is my tip , Not only at 8am do they take reservations but at 12:30 as well for the same evening. They reserve half the tables at each of the restaurants , then the second half of the tables in the same afternoon. You can also book for the following day your choice. Every night we ate at an ala carte and tried them all...Japanese, Thai, Brazilian BBQ and Italian " Piccolo " our favorite. Often we would make it for 4 persons and add new friends with us and that was nice.
The Mexican fiesta night, Thursday, was great with imported Mariachi bands and activities for families at the waterfront areas.
The Ampatheatre is where the evening entertainment begins. Each show is varied in theme and hosts 12 of their key dancers who are clearly talented and ambitious. The costumes are elaborate and runs until 11pm. Royal Decameron chain includes Cuba, Columbia, Ecuador, Cartagena, Guayabitos, Peru, Panama, Puerto Rico and as the dancers are introduced by name at the finale of the shows its clear that their talents are collectively assembled.
The humor is throughout the performances . It's infectious...the humor.
This resort has something that makes you want to return...give it a try.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Decameron Complex composed of three hotel units: Flamingos, Tropical and Royal, is located 20 minutes from Puerto Vallarta International Airport on the most exciting and extensive beach of the beautiful Bay of Banderas in the typical Mexican town of Bucerias in Riviera Nayarit. The colorful architecture of the Royal Decameron Complex offers 5 swimming pools, 4 of which are suitable for children, and long stretch of beach where you can enjoy different activities, non-motorized water sports and bar services. You can also enjoy a large number of buffet and a la carte options with specialized restaurants including: JAP JAP, Wok, MexicanoFusion, Piccolo and Steak House, among others. We also offer 6 bars along the beach and beside the swimming pools. The Royal Decameron Complex also has other installations like the Vallarta disco, 3 tennis courts, one soccer pitch and a fun Kids Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Royal Decameron Complex reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Decameron Vallarta
- Royal Decameron Hotel
- Royal Decameron Puerto Vallarta Bucerias
- Royal Decameron Mexico
- Royal Decameron Puerto Vallarta Mexico
- Royal Decameron Complex Puerto Vallarta
- Royal De Cameron
- Royal Decameron Nuevo Vallarta
- Royal Decameron Puerto Vallarta Hotel
- Puerto Vallarta Royal Decameron